Wont Be Many Brits Left Here Soon 47 Baht To Sterling Oh Dear

Falling like a stone again... what it gains in 1 week it loses in 1 day <deleted>.. more claps needed cmon

From Wednesday of last week to this lunchtime

Wednesday 28-Sep-11 ฿48.09500

Thursday 29-Sep-11 ฿48.40250

Friday 30-Sep-11 ฿48.27125

Monday 3-Oct-11 ฿48.26000

Tuesday 4-Oct-11 ฿47.93625

Wednesday 5-Oct-11 ฿47.77000

I would hardly say that is falling like a stone would you?

Actually went upto 48.9 so dont know where your getting them numbers from

???????

According to the banks I looked at today it's 47.2 and even TV gives it at 47.77 right now.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falling like a stone again... what it gains in 1 week it loses in 1 day <deleted>.. more claps needed cmon

???????

According to the banks I looked at today it's 47.2 and even TV gives it at 47.77 right now.

1 British pound = 48.2051602 Thai baht

www.google.com/search?q=1+gbp+to+baht

Hehe from this position it can only get better in the long run. Thailand has a lot of catching up to do and the parity of pricing between the two countries will fluctuate for sure....I don't see it getting much worse than this....give it a year or two and it'll hit 55 again. wink.gif

Edit oops I meant 65. smile.gif

Edited by smokie36

Hehe from this position it can only get better in the long run. Thailand has a lot of catching up to do and the parity of pricing between the two countries will fluctuate for sure....I don't see it getting much worse than this....give it a year or two and it'll hit 55 again. wink.gif

When Thailand catches up the exchange rate goes downwards towards parity. I am quite sure.

65 !!!! dream on.

I get paid in GBP, house, savings etc all in the UK and I doubt we will see those days again. When 1 GBP was > 60 THB was a lovely time to be living here though. Still, reducing the beer consumption by 20 % is probably a good thing in the long run and relatively painless.

I'd be happy for a stable 50 for a few years.

Simon

???????

Many sources for money exchange rates but as I bank with BKB I tend to use their stats.

Foreign exchange rates

I get mine from the KBank which is who I bank with.

I generally check the rates around 12.30 most days and even if I go into the bank during the say the rates shown on their computer are usually within a few satangs.

Today it was 47.46625, a little lower than TV has posted.

Bet Majic reads The Guardian ,now that is a left wing lying rag.

No Sorry i've never read it.

but ageed,it does have an extreme reputation as a left wing newspaper!

Can you name any other 'left wing newspapers'. And PERlease don't say 'The Mirror.

For those not rabidly right wing propagandist guzzling sheep here on TV, of which there are many, I would recommend thepeoplesvoice.org

The Grauniad now somewhat 'leftlite'.

Can you name any other 'left wing newspapers'. And PERlease don't say 'The Mirror.

For those not rabidly right wing propagandist guzzling sheep here on TV, of which there are many, I would recommend thepeoplesvoice.org

The Morning Star

The Grauniad prints lies? Well of course the paper did endorse the Libs Dems who are now part of the current Coalition Government, and who certainly told a few porkies pre-election. But extreme left wing... one or two of our posters seem to be a touch to the right of Attila the Hun!

The Grauniad prints lies? Well of course the paper did endorse the Libs Dems who are now part of the current Coalition Government, and who certainly told a few porkies pre-election. But extreme left wing... one or two of our posters seem to be a touch to the right of Attila the Hun!

Fully agree,

I've been reading The Guardian since I was at school and to call it left-wing is a joke.

It just appears left wing because so much of the press in the UK is to the right of centre e.g. Torygraph, NOTW (RIP - not), Times, Sun, Star, Mail, Express, etc..

Independent wasn't bad for a while but seems to have fallen on hard times.

Come election time, Guardian sometimes recommends Liberals and sometimes Labour, but that predilection is very rarely reflected in their reporting.

It has a great website also.

Prints lies ? No, but printing mistakes is another matter :D .

Peace,

Simon

Once we get rid of the Brits. the French and the Aussies, how do we get rid of the Americans, Germans and Dutch?

Dont forget the Swedes as well, we need to find a new country where they can go and make a new life. What about leaving Thailand on a fleet large liners for a cruise for a few weeks, when the The Thai authorities find how the economy has hit the skids, the fleet returns to port, a new land flowing with pleasures, cheap food, drink and accomodation a country called Tieland>>>>!!!!!

What was that Americans, Dutch and Germans?

Less Brits?

That could only be a greater advantage and benefit to the Thai society, yes?

They would probably think so.

But, then again, left to them (generally speaking) the wheel would still be square.

It would best to be humble, my friend.

As Euro-Western influence and contributions to the world [and world history] are extremely nominal. In reality.

You are joking, right? For better or worse, the world is european. Although the Chinese, and Indians may have developed many features of the modern world thousands of years before they reached Europe, it was the dynamic and progressive European culture that unleashed 'development' on the world, and like cancer, development is very difficult to cure.

SC

ehh? ...how you figure?

Got 48.2 yeaterday at super Rich but today it fell to 47.8...

Also noticed that they register and give a different rate for SCOTTISH bank notes...@ 47Bt but sell back at 48.....thinking about it...

Must tell President Alex Salmond that ...... :)

Hotel was Bt400,Beer was (from memory)about 30 Bt a throw and Tuk Tuk to Soi C about 15-20 Bt :D

Tonight we were out drinking in quite a nice place (live music too loud)

3 large Ashahi beers for 100 bht

3 large leo beers for 117 bht

So not all that much difference then

Probably about 500km difference, unless you were also on Suk soi 19.

Rinrada wasnt staying in the Honey for 400b in 97 either, not that much difference, but the cheapest room, car park was at least 650 baht

staying in the Honey for 400b in 97 either

..might have been Bt400 in 87...

used to get an Expat International discount of 10%.. :)

In fact that was the reason that I first went there in about 1984... :o as said from memory.. :D .

+ 1 and get rid of rest of sexpats and losers etc I say charge 20,000 a month for a visa will soon get rid of riff raf and those of us left will be happy to pay to get rid of dross and low life forang sexpats

Sounds like you are rather well orf and I'M ALRIGHT JACK stuff, well there are a lot chaps here who are not dross and just trying to have a happy end of life experience, wherever they happen to live in the kingdom and you should not deny them that and tar them all with the same brush. With the way things are those that are still here will be lucky to get to bank and get 47bts to the gbp or is it 48 today?

+ 1 and get rid of rest of sexpats and losers etc I say charge 20,000 a month for a visa will soon get rid of riff raf and those of us left will be happy to pay to get rid of dross and low life forang sexpats

It seems that there are losers who claim to be able to afford 20,000 baht a month - might as well get rid of them too. :whistling:

It seems that there are losers who claim to be able to afford 20,000 baht a month - might as well get rid of them too. :whistling:

Why not make it 200,000 baht a month and get rid of a bunch more losers?

I would get rid of people with a squint, as well. And left-handers. And people with moles. And anyone that can't sing the Thai National anthem. and anyone else as well ... wait a minute, that;s not going to work, is it? Perhaps we could just get rid of opinionated narrow-minded <deleted>... but who's to decide? For the time being, maybe we'll just have to tolerate him....

Letitbe: How much are you willing to pay for each riff-raff you eject? I'll go for fifty thousand baht... PM me and I';ll tell you where to send the money

SC

This explains things quite well.

The slow death of the pound….

In 2007 a single pound could buy you $2.10 or €1.50 – not any more. And it's only getting worse from here on in.

Full Story

The lowest I can remember was about 1.40, I think,

But why trust memory, when we can download dubious data from the internet?

http://fx.sauder.ubc.ca/cgi/fxplot?b=GBP&c=USD&rd=*&fd=1&fm=1&fy=1971&ld=31&lm=12&ly=2011&y=monthly&q=volume&f=png&a=lin&m=0&x=

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Or get rid of the flash b*stards who like to say how much they have and make life easier for the poorer folk :lol: