Wont Be Many Brits Left Here Soon 47 Baht To Sterling Oh Dear

+ 1 and get rid of rest of sexpats and losers etc I say charge 20,000 a month for a visa will soon get rid of riff raf and those of us left will be happy to pay to get rid of dross and low life forang sexpats

Or get rid of the flash b*stards who like to say how much they have and make life easier for the poorer folk :lol:

I don't see how my withdrawal from the tax base of Thailand made life easier for you. I never got a word of thanks for leaving, either.

SC

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ 1 and get rid of rest of sexpats and losers etc I say charge 20,000 a month for a visa will soon get rid of riff raf and those of us left will be happy to pay to get rid of dross and low life forang sexpats

It seems that there are losers who claim to be able to afford 20,000 baht a month - might as well get rid of them too. :whistling:

I would get rid of people with a squint, as well. And left-handers. And people with moles. And anyone that can't sing the Thai National anthem. and anyone else as well ... wait a minute, that;s not going to work, is it? Perhaps we could just get rid of opinionated narrow-minded <deleted>... but who's to decide? For the time being, maybe we'll just have to tolerate him....

Letitbe: How much are you willing to pay for each riff-raff you eject? I'll go for fifty thousand baht... PM me and I';ll tell you where to send the money

SC

Blacks and Asians first, please. Let us keep our Thailand strong, white and English speaking - the way it always has been. Oh, and trolls too.....

Sorry to get somewhat back on topic, I know I'm a troll. Over the past few days, the pound has slowly risen v the Baht, going by ThaiVisa exchange. So is the pound going up or the Baht falling?

The pound was predicted to fall when the BofE announced the latest tranche of quantitative easing a few days ago, which it did that day, most definitely against the dollar and euro, but seems to have risen against the baht. Anyone any ideas?

Sorry to get somewhat back on topic, I know I'm a troll. Over the past few days, the pound has slowly risen v the Baht, going by ThaiVisa exchange. So is the pound going up or the Baht falling?

The pound was predicted to fall when the BofE announced the latest tranche of quantitative easing a few days ago, which it did that day, most definitely against the dollar and euro, but seems to have risen against the baht. Anyone any ideas?

One more time, with feeling:

The Pound has gained against USD in the past couple of days.

As far as I'm concerned the OP submitted a troll post and I'm amazed that the moderators have allowed this topic to run for so long.

The facts of the matter are that the British government has maintained it's AAA financial rating, they are on course to balance the books within 5 years, and there has not been the mass unemployment and social unrest predicted.

The reason for this is simple, the British public are not stupid, they know there must be cuts. They know we can't keep spending on the never never, and they know that there are some ridiculous excesses in local and national government spending.

Exchange rates will always fluctuate, and the British government can use financial flexibility to give the British economy a boost. Some members may remember a time in the 80's when the $ and £ reached almost parity levels. This was excellent news for the British tourist industry and for British exporters, bad news for importers and people holidaying or living abroad.

I can also assure Thaivisa members that there are thousands upon thousands of British businessmen pouring all over the world looking for and competing in world markets. I meet them all the time in business class and first class lounges when I travel from the UK to various Asian locations. British exports recently reached an all time high and the manufacturing industry is beginning to boom. Airbus announced today that they will build a brand new factory in the UK with an initial investment of £400 million, and BP have announced a £10 billion investment in the North Sea Oil industry.

All this while France and Germany are having to underwrite the Euro at a catastrophic cost, and while the USA has fragmented into two groups of rabid dogs fighting over a rotten bone. That rotten bone is called debt, I believe that debt is $15 trillion at the moment. The US can handle that debt easily at the moment, however due to medicaid and over social obligations the debt will head towards the $40 trillion mark within 20 years.

The OP is barking up the wrong tree, so jump back into your own yard and look after your own kennel, the British Bulldog is doing just fine.

ps. This does not mean I am not sympathetic to the plight of British retirees who are struggling as the exchange rate fluctuates, there are people retirees all over the world who are feeling the pinch. There was never a guarantee that the exchange rate would be favourable forever, so if you can't cut your cloth in Thailand, you'll have to go home. In some cases this would be a wise move as if you stay in the UK long enough your pension will be fixed at the new escalated level and when you are ready you can return to Thailand with an increased pension. The pension escalator could mollify the exchange rate fluctuation.

The OP is barking up the wrong tree.

As far as I'm concerned the OP submitted a troll post and I'm amazed that the moderators have allowed this topic to run for so long.

The facts of the matter are that the British government has maintained it's AAA financial rating, they are on course to balance the books within 5 years, and there has not been the mass unemployment and social unrest predicted.

The reason for this is simple, the British public are not stupid, they know there must be cuts. They know we can't keep spending on the never never, and they know that there are some ridiculous excesses in local and national government spending.

Exchange rates will always fluctuate, and the British government can use financial flexibility to give the British economy a boost. Some members may remember a time in the 80's when the $ and £ reached almost parity levels. This was excellent news for the British tourist industry and for British exporters, bad news for importers and people holidaying or living abroad.

I can also assure Thaivisa members that there are thousands upon thousands of British businessmen pouring all over the world looking for and competing in world markets. I meet them all the time in business class and first class lounges when I travel from the UK to various Asian locations. British exports recently reached an all time high and the manufacturing industry is beginning to boom. Airbus announced today that they will build a brand new factory in the UK with an initial investment of £400 million, and BP have announced a £10 billion investment in the North Sea Oil industry.

All this while France and Germany are having to underwrite the Euro at a catastrophic cost, and while the USA has fragmented into two groups of rabid dogs fighting over a rotten bone. That rotten bone is called debt, I believe that debt is $15 trillion at the moment. The US can handle that debt easily at the moment, however due to medicaid and over social obligations the debt will head towards the $40 trillion mark within 20 years.

The OP is barking up the wrong tree, so jump back into your own yard and look after your own kennel, the British Bulldog is doing just fine.

ps. This does not mean I am not sympathetic to the plight of British retirees who are struggling as the exchange rate fluctuates, there are people retirees all over the world who are feeling the pinch. There was never a guarantee that the exchange rate would be favourable forever, so if you can't cut your cloth in Thailand, you'll have to go home. In some cases this would be a wise move as if you stay in the UK long enough your pension will be fixed at the new escalated level and when you are ready you can return to Thailand with an increased pension. The pension escalator could mollify the exchange rate fluctuation.

pension escalator could mollify the exchange rate fluctuation.

Sounds reasonable ...

Must admit to be only semi retired but even if I did take up the full option I would certainly expect to be making trips back to Blightly/EU every so often and as above maintain the wonderfull benefit of our State Pension increases.(and keep up my Freedom Pass status:D )

Variety is the spice.etc whether it be in the Mountains of Chiang Mai,Inverness or ski Slopes of Andorra (yes.. co jai cheep skate)has to be done....right init..

Must start filling the pool ...weathers turned out quite nice today and our Mae-On dam ...about 100 yards away ...looks calm :)

Article in Brit Daily Telegraph - Britons not taking too many foreign holidays this year.

Wonder how many have the beaches of Thailand on their list this Christmas/New Year.

Here

We've had the party now we are tidying up. Many people are choosing to pay down debt, especially mortgage debt, while interest rates are low. Curtailing holidays abroad are a small price to pay on the road to financial stability, and it is also ensuring that more capital is retained in Britain, hence my earlier point about the exchange rate being lower being good news for the British tourist industry and exporters, bad news for importers and people holidaying / living abroad.

British retirees should contact the Department of Work and Pensions and request a breakdown of exactly how much their pension would be if they were currently resident in the UK. Once they have that they should compare it to the rate they are currently paid. I think some long term retirees will be shocked at how underpaid they are. It may well be then worth going home for a while and qualifying for the pension at the higher rate.

When I was a youngster the pound was 1.40 to the dollar and the Baht was 35 to the pound.

And was at that rate for years.

Seems to me, the pound is doing pretty well at the moment.

That is the most cliched argument when it comes to discussing the Thai Baht exchange rate. When making it please state the year you are talking about and the example cost of something from that time and compare it to the price of the same item today. I think you'll find that inflation more than negates any increase in the exchange rate and I am sure that at the end of it we will find that Thailand is relatively expensive now compared to whatever golden year you are talking about.

For me I think Thailand is currently overpriced because of the exchange rate I get and getting worse all the time, but then I came here on a high when the Baht was 75 to a GBP and I built a house when it was at it's low of 45 Baht, so I think I will be a little bit biased! Given the current price of everything here and the quality you get, I feel it should be around the 60 Baht/GBP mark but I doubt I will ever see that again for a long time.

Dont worry to much.

The dollar, euro along with the pound are finished.

There is nothing you can do. Its being engineered this way for a reason.

You'll see :whistling:

One has to laugh.

Zzaa will teach you how to add bombastic and obtuse pretension.

SC

• 1 month later...

IMHO

The GBP is on par with normal to the US $.

Thai Baht and Asian Curriencies trend is losing against the GBP and USD.

Euro is in Trouble and depreciating.

Euro started near 0.90 to the USD in 1999. Has fluctuated from a low of 0.82 to a high in the upper 1.00's to the USD.

Euro Recession is most likely according to all forecasts and no real worry over USD and GBP long term.

Damage has already been done to USD and GBP, now rest of the world's turn to learn the "Bubble is not Infinate".

Euro has ridden the Bubble since inception. Euro is overvalued, GBP is fair, and THB and Asian Curriencies way Overvalued.

I would not keep more money than needed for short term living expenses in Asian accounts (unless I needed to for Visa requirements) based on the signs of their Depreciation.

Just remember as the Thai Baht or Asian currencies devalue against any western currencies, you will lose money against what one would have in their western country bank.

As said, just my opinion.

Hell fire you'll be telling the AEON atm customers that there daily/weeekly withdrawal is fee free next !!

Then: I will finish this beer, THEN have another.

Than: My beer glass is taller THAN his.

Their: That is THEIR beer.

There: My beer is over THERE.

They're: THEY'RE drunk.

Your: That is YOUR beer.

You're: YOU'RE drunk.

It's: IT'S warm beer.

Its: ITS temperature is warm.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

The OP is English so i guess he is in his own yard so you best keep barking..

The Brits on this thread should quit bitching about the GBP as your plight could be much worse. You could be complaining about the EUR, which by this time next year will be on parity with the USD.

You seem to have or a lot of knowledge about currencies or a crystal ball.

Can I make an agreement with you to sell Baht for Euros at a fixed price this time next year? 31 Baht for a Euro will fit me nicely.

The Brits on this thread should quit bitching about the GBP as your plight could be much worse. You could be complaining about the EUR, which by this time next year will be on parity with the USD.

Why should we be complaining about the Euro, thankfully we have nothing to do with it.

Why should we be complaining about the Euro, thankfully we have nothing to do with it.

Yet.:D

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Unfortunately, the GBP will get drug down along with the EUR, even through the UK is not a part of the EU. Guilty by proximity to the 17 nation debacle known as the Euro Zone.

You seem to have or a lot of knowledge about currencies or a crystal ball.

Can I make an agreement with you to sell Baht for Euros at a fixed price this time next year? 31 Baht for a Euro will fit me nicely.

That's because I trade currencies.

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see what is on the horizon for the EU and the EUR. Just like it didn't take a wizard to read the warning signs in the US prior to the 2008 meltdown.