Non Imm Type O

hi there,

i'm on my first non - imm type O and can any one help clarify some rules for me please,

it's a one year visa that i got from the u.k and am i right in thinking that i can do a visa run on the last day or two before it expires and get another 90 days on top ?

would i also be able to pay 1900b to extend an extra month after the 15 months ? or is that just for tourist visa ?

do i also have to do a risa run every 90 days or can i report at an immigration ?

i usually goto mai-sai for visa run and pay 500 baht to enter burma, is that 500 baht just for one day or could i stay overnight in burma ?

thanks,

chris

You appear to have a multiple non-O, which means you have to leave the country every 90 days. indeed, by leaving an re0-enering just before the visa expires you can get a new 90 days and thus almost 15 months out of the visa.

You cannot extend again with one month for 1,900 baht. But if you have a Thai wife or Thai child you could get 60 days extra for 1,900 baht.

Unless you qualify for a 1 year extension of stay, you need to do the border run every 90 days. If you tell us why you got a non-O (marriage, retirement, etc) we can tel you what the requirements for a 1 yer extension of stay are.

hi,

i have a 1 year old thai daughter,

we went to uk last year and i got the visa from hull.

we're all currently living in chiang mai and not married.

i don't know what to do in the future, i don't want to keep leaving thailand every few months any more.

i'm thinking maybe to get married to make life easier but i'm a bit worried what happens should we divorce.

we don't have much spare cash anymore but i do have a house in the u.k which i rent out.

thank you,

hi,

i could borrow some money from the u.k and put in a bank here if that helps, but at the moment i'm not married or legal father and i don't think i'm quite old enough for retirement visa ? i'm 41.

looks like getting married maybe an option but i'm worried what may happen in the future.

Your child is reason for a multiple non-O to be issued, but not for an extension of stay as you probably did not legitimise the child and as far as the law is concerned you are not the legal father. To become the legal father you would need to go to court and petition to be recognsed as the legal father. A simple case, but will take some time.

Financial requirement for an extension are the same as for based on marriage.

Up on divorce in Thailand you simply split all the assets acquired during the marriage, there is no alimony and what you had befor the marriage is left out of it. With marrying the motehr you would automatically legitimize the child and become the legal father and have parental rights.

hi,

i could borrow some money from the u.k and put in a bank here if that helps, but at the moment i'm not married or legal father and i don't think i'm quite old enough for retirement visa ? i'm 41.

looks like getting married maybe an option but i'm worried what may happen in the future.

Slippery slope - borrowing is not the answer .

As you are not the legal father, extension by marriage is your only option.

It sounds like you simply cannot afford to be here. Frankly, at age 41 and no robust source of income (or asset banking) it is a bit early to be here full time.

hi,

so if we get married, can extend my current visa ? even thou the reason i got this visa was because of daughter ?

if we get divorced would she be entitled to half my house in the uk ?

i could borrow the 400k baht or 8k pounds and use that to live off, just need to be careful and budget.

i used to think that 800 pounds a month would be enough but as time goes on were spending more and more.

i need a long term plan really.

we could goto the u.k but i'm guessing the visa for my partner wont be easy ?

You seem to have a multi entry visa so getting 60 day extension is not logical at this point (or cost effective) in my view. Just continue the 90 day border trips until you meet one year extension of stay requirements.

It appears wife would be logical step. But suspect from your hesitation there may be other issues that concern you so probably not a good idea to marry if they are serious and could involve you becoming legally libel for her actions. There is a legal process to make child yours, as mentioned, but takes time. That might be the best plan. To go to UK would involve marriage I am sure and not sure what divorce laws there would entail.

hi,

so if we get married, can extend my current visa ? even thou the reason i got this visa was because of daughter ?

if we get divorced would she be entitled to half my house in the uk ?

i could borrow the 400k baht or 8k pounds and use that to live off, just need to be careful and budget.

i used to think that 800 pounds a month would be enough but as time goes on were spending more and more.

i need a long term plan really.

we could goto the u.k but i'm guessing the visa for my partner wont be easy ?

As said, anything you owned before the marriage is left outside the splitting of assets, so you don't share the house. Only assets acquired during the marriage are shared (and that includes any debts).

hi,

if i extend my visa 60 days because i have a thai daughter would i need to have legal father document or is just my name on birth certificate ok ?

For 60 days the birth certificate naming you as the fahter is normally enough.

Id like to say that when you apply for the extra days you need to take your child along with the birth papers. they refused me the first time in bangkok as i didnt take the child.

You appear to have a multiple non-O, which means you have to leave the country every 90 days. indeed, by leaving an re0-enering just before the visa expires you can get a new 90 days and thus almost 15 months out of the visa.

You cannot extend again with one month for 1,900 baht. But if you have a Thai wife or Thai child you could get 60 days extra for 1,900 baht.

Unless you qualify for a 1 year extension of stay, you need to do the border run every 90 days. If you tell us why you got a non-O (marriage, retirement, etc) we can tel you what the requirements for a 1 yer extension of stay are.

Is this extension possible in other immigration offices then BKK? We live in Chanthaburi.

Thanks.

Any Immigration office can issue all extensions providing you qualify.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.