Raw Or Unpasteurized Honey

galowgala

Does anyone know where i can buy raw or unpasteurized honey, as the honey in the supermarkets say 100% pure but they are pasteurized, which basically means the enzymes are taken out. Ceylon Cinnamon sticks is another ingredient i need. A Health shop might be the answer ? Anywhere in the Pattaya area ?, If not i will have to go to Bangkok which is a drag

Take a look along Pattaya Tai, in the area around Tukcom. The sellers there have honey (combs & bottles) that looks raw/ natural.

B)

Your post suggests that the "honey" sold on the street is fake, which has always been my thought also. But when I was in Chiang Mai last year, on the way to Doi Inthanon, we stopped at a road side stand selling crafts and honey, and the Thai woman that I was with and her mom and uncle assured me that the honey (in a Thai whiskey bottle) was real. I bought 1 bottle, which is now half full, for B150, as I recall. Are you sure it is (or all of it is) fake? Is there any way to tell if it is real or not? :jap:

I bought a whisky bottle of that in Soi Honey (sic) from an ambulant vendor for 175B.

Seems fine to me, and tastes like the fresh honey I used to buy in Europe from a local bee-keeper. I have it on toast, and I also have a slug in hot water with some lime juice late at night.

I bought a whisky bottle of that in Soi Honey (sic) from an ambulant vendor for 175B.

Seems fine to me, and tastes like the fresh honey I used to buy in Europe from a local bee-keeper. I have it on toast, and I also have a slug in hot water with some lime juice late at night.

Thanks. I guess that so long as it looks and tastes like the real thing, one can assume it is (or use it as if it is) the real thing. So long as they are not adding antifreeze to it (as they did with some Austrian white wines in the 1980's to make them sweeter, which can blind you if consumed) it is probably a case of "no harm, no foul". I do not eat it on toast, and use it only as an ingredient in cooking, and it provides the required sweetness, presumed avoidance of sugar, and a sticky, coated spoon when finished. Cheers,

Go out to the bee farm and they probably have some.

It's out by Regents School.

I have already linked to it.

The link opens on a page headed Thep-prasit Honey which I assumed to be on Thepprasit, not the Big Bee Farm.

I know, but as I wrote Enquire here, I assumed that the Contact us link would have been a likely destination. Either way, I have created a link to the Contact Us link for those who need it.

You can allways ask a girl, (I know, difficult to find in Pattaya )to bring a bottle back from Isaan.This is the real stuff : original honey from wild bees. The price will be between 150 and 350 B/bottle. (depends on the month)

The link opens on a page headed Thep-prasit Honey which I assumed to be on Thepprasit, not the Big Bee Farm.

I know, but as I wrote Enquire here, I assumed that the Contact us link would have been a likely destination. Either way, I have created a link to the Contact Us link for those who need it.

I opened your previous link to check that it didn't refer to the bee farm before I posted about the same location and as I didn't see a reference to it on the opening page added a post about the bee farm.

But your new link indeed indicates that they are one and the same company and that the OP has no need to trek out to the bee farm as they have an office on Thepprasit which is much easier to get to.

<deleted> please check the website in and out before responding.

<deleted> please check the website in and out before responding.

Why? I wasn't interested in contacting them, only to avoid making a duplicate post by making a recomendation that had already been made.

As the link was NOT to the Big Bee Farm but to Theprasit Honey why should I bother searching all over the website for something that it was apparently not?