Gift Ideas For Thai Friends?

Dawn

We'll be back to LOS in January for the fifth time and would like to bring some gifts for the Thai friends we've made over the years - friends who've looked after us and looked out for us and who have also helped us organise our wedding.

Any ideas as to what the best choice would be?

Reasonably priced would be best and something that's not too bulky - my rucksack is always full at the best of times!

Cheers! :o

Dawn

We'll be back to LOS in January for the fifth time and would like to bring some gifts for the Thai friends we've made over the years - friends who've looked after us and looked out for us and who have also helped us organise our wedding.

Any ideas as to what the best choice would be?

Reasonably priced would be best and something that's not too bulky - my rucksack is always full at the best of times!

Cheers!  :o

Dawn

I would bring some dolls or statuetes of the guard with fur hats and red mundires...something that can stay and they can display it. So British and shows they know someone there..or something along that line

Thanks guys!

BambinA - if I win the lottery before I come over I'll buy you and me an ipod!

Something British that looks more expensive than it is and that's nice and shiney and gold - that's what I'll go with! I'll make the price tags up myself! :o

Whiskey is always a fair bet. Proper Scottish whiskey that cant be bought in Thailand maybe some Glenmorangie, always go down well with friends and father in law :D You can get an adequate 10 year old bottle for about £25 :o

glen10yr1nu.jpg

Edited by daleyboy

If you can get to the souvenir shop of one or more of the bigger/classier/famous London tourist sites (St Paul's, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London etc) - you should be able to pick up some nice (expensive-looking!) nick-nacks with a recognisable representation of the place in silver/gold "look".

Yeah, but they take bloody ages to serve you don't they?! And then they tut at you when you order alcohol in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep?!! Glenmorangie + mug = self service bar! Yum! :o

Hi Dawn .. thank you for advance with iPOD hehe

well seriously ..i like magnet (for fridge) with has the sign of country (im collecting)

well .. other thing as T-shirt (as i <3 NYC) but change to be UK

if i help someone , i dont want anything to pay me back..from this reason , if someone give me something ..even price less.. i still happy with it .. i've never expect to get anything from anyone

OH BTW ... plenty TH girls (in University) just love Harrods's bag heheh funny but its true :o

Yeah, but they take bloody ages to serve you don't they?! And then they tut at you when you order alcohol in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep?!! Glenmorangie + mug = self service bar! Yum!  :D

How dare you suggest putting such a fine drink in a &lt;deleted&gt; MUG, i suppose you would want ice and water in it as well :o:D:D

Yeah, but they take bloody ages to serve you don't they?! And then they tut at you when you order alcohol in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep?!! Glenmorangie + mug = self service bar! Yum!  :D

Ahhh the key is to ask for two at a time! :D Then retreive yourself from the galley when everyone is kipping. :D

How dare you suggest putting such a fine drink in a &lt;deleted&gt; MUG, i suppose you would want ice and water in it as well :o  :D  :D

If Dawn puts coke in it :D - she's not allowed to buy it!

You know, you all sound like my husband! :D He goes mental when I put (yes, I know, I'm really sorry for this!) ice and coke :o in with whiskey.....I should be shot!

I completely understand where you're coming from with the 'spoiling' the whiskey thing. Which is why I'm starting to take a liking to neat shots of 'happy' tequilla! It really does make you dance you know! :D

On the flight thing I usually make friends with the flight attendant - a smile goes a long way. I ended up getting served ice cream and all sorts of treats on the last flight to Bangkok with China Airlines :D Saves having to do a stealth mission into the galley and makes up for the lack of leg room!

BambinA - cheers for the advice! I'm liking the Harrods shopping bag suggestion as most of the friends I'm thinking of are girls.

Do you think they will know about Harrods if they live on Chang (Ranong) and Lanta? Or is this just a city girl kinda thing?

BambinA - cheers for the advice! I'm liking the Harrods shopping bag suggestion as most of the friends I'm thinking of are girls.

Do you think they will know about Harrods if they live on Chang (Ranong) and Lanta? Or is this just a city girl kinda thing?

de nada... i afraid that .. its just university gals in BKK love that bag

(but who knows .. your friends might like)

silly fashion trend indeed :D

(for now i still dont know what " harrods bag" look like :D

old cow moi :D:o

ps .. i read from TH forum , they sell that Bag around thousand!!

Edited by BambinA

BambinA - they do sell them by the thousands and they're pretty crap actually! Green and made out of PVC. I'd post you a picture but I'm at work and they don't allow us to look at certain sites after 3pm :o

To be honest, it's usually the 'older ladies' who buy them here in the UK - put it this way, I'm 32 and I'm still not old enough to buy one!

I'm going to have to have a long hard think about this! It's a tough one, maybey jewellery?

My Mrs can't beleive how cheap "Bailey's" is in the UK compared to LOS. Her mates love the stuff, so we're getting them a few bottles for when we return in Dec.

She's also bought some funny key rings that can't be bought in LOS and that are typically British. I think anything in that nature should be fine also. Not nessesarily expensive but different.

My Mrs can't beleive how cheap "Bailey's" is in the UK compared to LOS. Her mates love the stuff, so we're getting them a few bottles for when we return in Dec.

She's also bought some funny key rings that can't be bought in LOS and that are typically British. I think anything in that nature should be fine also. Not nessesarily expensive but different.

Funny enough I've found lot of Thai(s) love minatures of any spirits. :o

Thanks for the advice everyone - the minatures are a grand idea - and easy to fit in the old rucksack!

Over and out - I'm leaving work now to head home. I can't get online at home on an evening as the hubby is blocking my use of our new laptop - he's new fangled and downloading as much music as our hard drive can handle!

For all of you in LOS - good on you as it's 4.30pm here and it's pitch black outside and it's been raining all day :o

Roll on the 19th Jan (my departure date :D )

Thanks for the advice everyone - the minatures are a grand idea - and easy to fit in the old rucksack!

good idea... we thai think it's narak mak (really cute) .. and can drink it as Bridget Jone

u take care,ciao mio cara

:o BB

/edit just know u are a girl :D so it must be cara not caro

Edited by BambinA