Ex-Thai PM Thaksin In Bali On 'Working Holiday'

webfact

Ex-Thai PM Thaksin in Bali on 'Working Holiday'

Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, in self-imposed exile from his homeland, held a series of meetings during a three-day stay in Bali this week, The Bali Times can reveal.

The billionaire telecoms businessman, whose sister Yingluck became Thailand’s prime minister in July, arrived in Bali by private jet on Monday and departed late on Wednesday. An advance party of aides arrived last Friday to prepare the high-security trip.

Thaksin stayed and held the meetings at the presidential villa of C151 Seminyak, a complex of luxury villas, while aides took up five other villas. Among those visiting the former Thai leader were a number of Thais who flew in for the meetings, and his sister Yowvares Shinawatra.

Thaksin, who was ousted in a 2006 coup and sentenced in absentia to two years’ prison in 2008 for corruption, said he was “always on business and rarely on holiday.” The 62-year-old had favourite Thai cuisine flown in from his native land – a 4.5-hour flight from Bali – during his stay, and also enjoyed the traditional Indonesian meatball dish bakso.

C151 Resorts owner Hanno Soth said Thaksin felt at home in Bali. [more...]

Full story, piture: http://www.thebalitimes.com/2011/09/28/ex-thai-pm-thaksin-in-bali-on-%E2%80%98working-holiday%E2%80%99/

-- thebalitimes.com 2011-9-29

footer_n.gif

Asked where Thaksin was departing for as he left Bali, his personal assistant said, "Only God and Thaksin know the answer."

Hell, then.

Seemingly. I'm guessing Eight Circle, Fifth ditch.

Well really who gives a shi=#t where bthe heck he is, lay off the silly info re what he's eating===your feeding his promotions too much, give us some Thai positive news PLEASE

Asked where Thaksin was departing for as he left Bali, his personal assistant said, "Only God and Thaksin know the answer."

Hell, then.

Well really who gives a shi=#t where bthe heck he is, lay off the silly info re what he's eating===your feeding his promotions too much, give us some Thai positive news PLEASE

How's this? I've travelled to 58 countries, lived in four for multiple years, but Chiang Mai and it's environs are the nicest place I've ever been and the only place i've never felt I wanted to move on from. Aside from ending my sentence with a preposition, will that do?

iannarebirth #5

Hows this -you know I wasn't referring to you, as you should know it was related to the constant barrage of useless Thaksin promotion rubbish that he wants, serious interference by all means publish - but all this b-sht in my opinion only feeds his brain, ANY publicity is helping his cause in my opinion, as I have stated before he is that type of public VIP freak. sorry if I gave you the idea it was to your reply.

Agree with your sentiments entirely (as aimed at OP) but unfortunately the reason why there is no good news is that this egomaniac and his rotten family are now back in charge. It's only a matter of time before he is welcomed back to the trough by the rest of the pigs.

Up till now he has been the laughing stock of the international world - nowhere do you see any interest in the moron. When he returns then the whole country becomes an international joke.

He is legitimate in his own mind (and his skank family) so he believes everyone else secretly adores him. Unfortunately the only thing Thai people adore is his wealth.

:bah:

The past is past ---- time to move on.

Would Bill Clinton get elected as US President today ---- I think not.

Tony Blair --- no.

Time marches along ---- and we all get older at the same rate. Yesterday's battles are over. Today, and the future starts now.

Hell, then.

Yeah, this is so much NOT news and not worth our time and who cares and let's talk about important stuff like Nong Ja and other better uses of our time.

Hell, then.

C151 Resorts owner Hanno Soth said Thaksin felt at home in Bali.

Guess nobody wants to hear BS from this red sock criminal. Time for your 2 years in Thailand old man............:jap:

Hell, then.

Guess nobody wants to hear BS from this red sock criminal. Time for your 2 years in Thailand old man............:jap:

So here's a bit of proof that my earlier post was generally right, not many posters are now interested in this Fellow that fled the scene, most I speak to are sick to the teeth of hearing about his everyday antics. For the most part surely it's best to put him to one side -leave him out in the cold as much as possible, he won't like it, but we will.

Hell, then.

So here's a bit of proof that my earlier post was generally right, not many posters are now interested in this Fellow that fled the scene, most I speak to are sick to the teeth of hearing about his everyday antics. For the most part surely it's best to put him to one side -leave him out in the cold as much as possible, he won't like it, but we will.

I think there's several distinct camps amongst Thais and I do have a lot of daily contact with every level of Thai citizens:

1. Those who see the paymaster as highly corrupt, no morals, should be in jail, etc etc., and see him as the person (through using the power of his ill gotten wealth) who is holding Thailand back from modern development, and stopping decreasing of the gap between the rich and the poor, and making Thailand look like a banana republic. These folks would like the paymaster to be forgotten and would like Thailand to move forward with well developed policies which are aimed at a better quality of life for all, etc etc.

2. Those who voted for ptp on the basic of cheap food prices, 300Baht wage rise, 15,000Baht minimum salary etc., who believed all this stuff and didn't really see a strong connection to Thaksin. Plus some of these folks were successfully brainwashed that the abhisit government was very very bad and the people should vote so that the abhsisit government was removed. (My next door house is a very typical example of this, two Thai doctors of medicine, both middle aged, both have never left Thailand, both have no other conversation than pork and cooking oil prices etc. My adult Thai son has spoken to these people many times, e.g. he asked them about inflation caused by a big quick jump in wages etc etc., they just don't reply, and it becomes clear that they cannot extend their thinking to these subjects.)

3. Those who will do anything, violence, whatever, to get the paymaster back into Thailand. These folks, mostly, aren't interested in the damage this is all doing. These folks, mostly, want Thailand to stay locked in the old picture of Thai politics (the old boys get rich quick gangs), get rich in any way you can including massive theft from the common wealth of all Thais and with no conscience. They don't care that innocent people get tangled up in all of this and some get killed. Plus there are undoubtedly some who will gain a personal payout if they can get the paymaster back in the country and free from prosecution of any sort, ever.