In The Event Of A Collision..

cowslip

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to the questions.

If I lose a phone etc etc if I want to make a claim, my understanding is that I have to inform the police or get a police report.

So if I make a claim on insurance, do I need a police report?

or just get thew rep

or is there a form that the third party and I can fill out on our own?

back to the questions.

If I lose a phone etc etc if I want to make a claim, my understanding is that I have to inform the police or get a police report.

So if I make a claim on insurance, do I need a police report?

or just get thew rep

or is there a form that the third party and I can fill out on our own?

If you are the only person / car involved there is no need for a police report. You can simply file a claim with your insurance.

I have done this in the past - I after scraping and cracking my front spoiler (it was quite a low car) I claimed for a replacement on my insurance. At the dealers I had to fill out a claim form identifying how I cracked the fender (said it was a speed bump that was too high), the garage dealer with the rest. I'm assuming they dealt directly with the insurance after that. No police report was necessary.

Another time when a taxi reversed into me (he had no insurance so I let him go) I claimed I reversed into a pole. Only the insurance guy was necessary, no police report.

I suspect a police report is only necessary if two disagreeing parties or more are involved.

I suspect a police report is only necessary if two disagreeing parties or more are involved.

And especially if there are injuries.

I've only had two incidents in twenty years here. First time I was on a MC when a car went past me on my right and decided to make a sudden left turn into a soi. Slammed right into his side. Got up and started to move the bike, mostly due to shock and not thinking clearly, when several Thais that were at shops started waving me to not move the MC. They were saying it was his fault and he didn't use turn signals. After a brief conversation with him and he admitted it was his fault and would compensate me for the damage, then moved the bike and went on.

2nd time was a MC driver jumped a red light right in front of me and I T-boned him. Called my insurance agent and he was there in less than 10 minutes. He dealt directly with the police and took photos of the scene. I had to do very little and explained my side of the story to him and for the police report. The MC driver was declared to be at fault by the police and the courts.

Judging by some of the stories related here - it seems that contrary to what some would have us believe, the handling of affairs on the scene of an incident can be quite even-handed and even efficient. one wonders if some people don't generate their own problems by making negative or racist assumptions about how the Thai people will behave following a collision.

You have answerd your own question.Leave it to Thais.My replies are because im not very good at english,i left when a child.But i bow to all fortunate with a Secondry Modern English education.Plus i have a dislike of P.C. replies,that only try to show the posters superiority under the guise of a reply to the O.P.s question.And i dont creep around looking for suport from others.

You have answerd your own question.Leave it to Thais.My replies are because im not very good at english,i left when a child.But i bow to all fortunate with a Secondry Modern English education.Plus i have a dislike of P.C. replies,that only try to show the posters superiority under the guise of a reply to the O.P.s question.And i dont creep around looking for suport from others.

No not exactly I'm trying to make some conclusions - I have come to these by reading answers to my questions by OTHERS' posts.

I might suggest that It is not so much your English that is poor, it is your ability to make a coherent post - this is down to your limited reasoning abilities and knowledge on the subject

e.g. - what on earth do you now mean by referring to "PC"?

Edited by cowslip

No not exactly I'm trying to make some conclusions - I have come to these by reading answers to my questions by OTHERS' posts.

I might suggest that It is not so much your English that is poor, it is your ability to make a coherent post - this is down to your limited reasoning abilities and knowledge on the subject

Police Constable ? :rolleyes:

i agree + the use of made up words makes most of it unreadable and frankly it is annoying.

Edited by thaiIand

Actually it wan't the meaning of PC - it was what HE mean by using it

Actually it wan't the meaning of PC - it was what HE mean by using it

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor. Jeez cant you uderstand. his pun.Are your seams straight, just his fun.

Perhaps this topic should be in Insurance,not amongst Car Topics, or should we post Used Cars, and Power Chips wanted in the Visa section.Im expecting a What Accident Hospital to call at this rate. :D

No point in Insurance, cause

most (+99%) bike riders have no Insurance, and +80% do not have the ability to pay for what they have caused

+60% of all cars older than 3 years, have no insurance

except for compulsory, which does not cover you in any way when they hit you

so make sure you have your own 1st class Insurance, to cover you and your vehicle, 3rd party and bail bond

Perhaps this topic should be in Insurance,not amongst Car Topics, or should we post Used Cars, and Power Chips wanted in the Visa section.Im expecting a What Accident Hospital to call at this rate. :D

Can l download something to understand your posts. :huh:

He kinda makes you feel like going to hospital...

No point in Insurance, cause

most (+99%) bike riders have no Insurance, and +80% do not have the ability to pay for what they have caused

+60% of all cars older than 3 years, have no insurance

except for compulsory, which does not cover you in any way when they hit you

so make sure you have your own 1st class Insurance, to cover you and your vehicle, 3rd party and bail bond

So its purely an insurance topic after all. :D

Yeh l did, they said there's nothing wrong with you, OH. :huh::D

Yeh l did, they said there's nothing wrong with you, OH. :huh::D

No laughing in Class MRO, teacher will slap your legs. :D

If a crowd gathers and sets up a kangaroo court, go with the flow.

None of that humour stuff in here thanks.....

I feel I have the expertise to respond.....grand total of 3 accidents in 2 years.....none my fault of course.....but when my advice of the mass traffic jam was ignored and ridiculed....I fear more belittling if I add further requirements from the humour police.

Not an ounce of humor intended. Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt "Convicted by a Kangaroo Court in Thailand."

You don't think it happens? Maybe you're just off the boat? wink.gif

• 2 months later...

I guess sooner or later about half the posters on this thread will cease posting as their behaviour in the event of an accident will place them well out of reach of internet access.

You just woke up. cowboy.gif

as ever a total non sequitur