Dirty Dancing Leaves Everyone In A Spin

george

I love it when the moral majority in Thailand gets upset, angry and offended. Bring it on!

Let's be honest, they really need to throw their hands up and admit that this country is built on sleaze - and that's the way we like it!

Bangers and Mash must have been too suggestive!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She isn't a great singer and I doubt she'll cut an album anytime soon but her performance was both sexy and funny at the same time. A pretty good performance.

As with so many things in Thai society, we have some innocent girl trying to make a living being attacked by hypocritical pooyais who bombard her in the day while getting their balls rubbed by some masseuse/prostitute at night. Leave the poor girl alone, she's trying to earn an honest living and isn't hurting anyone. Watching Woody interviewing/attacking her made me want to vomit and slap his face. What a piece of shit. The two self righteous morons with him were just as bad.

--snip--

I agree with you completely. That Woodymoron trying to get points by ambushing the girl. Glad it backfired. Maybe someone should tell him what a woody is.

No one gets what you're saying dude! You're saying it's a conspiracy by people paying them to 'discredit Isaan culture'? Haha

I say, she was a fabricated star of a company, producing sexy thai cojote CDs,

without real audience, only for the video production,

s.o. uploaded her vdos on youtube,

others linked her youtube vdos on many forums,

that 2 million hit her songs.

Woody was thinking about a new star with provocative habit,

and invited her in his show,

that was the moment, when she really came into public attention.

After this, she was used, to discredit the isaan culture, with their sexy star show,

cause her habit was never part of the isaan shows.

Provocative habits my ass. You try to do the same Woodyass tried. It was not about her, but her songs. What are you on? I have seen much more sexual shows here in Isaan at weddings without anyone protesting.

She's use-her-poo-for-toothepaste stunning but very likely frigid. :lol:

Anyway, George, this is old news man.

"very likely frigid" Geeze, what are you an MD or what? Who can give a diagnosis on proxy. You should really try not to show your ignorance so blatantly. I don't think you even know what the term frigid means.

Ah - Thailand's image damaged once again. Perhaps the Culture Minister would be better off worrying about the damage caused by the Sacred Hearts students in their Nazi attire.

If it wasn't inside out, it wouldn't be Thailand...LOL

Actually, compared to women in most of the Thai bars I have 'accidentally' wandered into, she is overdressed...LOL

Sex is top of mind when we think of Thailand. My poor mother is so worried about me, because she has never been here, but she thinks that the girls here are all sluts, basically. But, be that as it may; I am a man, a single man, so for me it is a treat to have so many willing young (and old...) women who are open for some fun. I think that the people who oppose Thai sex industry are like Ostriches with their heads in the sand. Many Thais simply try to ignore the fact that theirs is a highly sexual society. For me, I see more flesh on the streets of Bangkok than I do on the average beach... yet the Thais insist that my eyes are deceiving me- yes: the difference between how Thai girls dress, and how western girls dress is; the Thais cover their body and westerners expose themselves- this is from the ABAC Thai culture course. So, look at the video all you like- and consider that to the Thais it is just a sign of WESTERN influence.

I often end up discussing the same points and my conclusion is usually the same: we are in a land of contrasts and what's happening here was going to happen at some pointand perhaps this is a phase. Who knows, we might end up becoming all prudish the next hundred years as a consequence.blink.gif

When I went to Europe this year after a few years' absence I noticed that skirts and hot pants have gone a lot shorter and sexier from what I remember a few years back so this must be something that is happening a bit everywhere. The way my little niece dresses at 12 is something I would have never been allowed at her age and would have never had the courage of wearing, either.

There is another thing that strucked me the first time I came over here. In the countryside, inIsarn, for example (not sure about Udon), you would normally see girls lookingsensual, Thai girls are pleasantly sensual but generally in a conservative way. I remember going to a popular country music event, in a very small village, quite far from everything. The wholefamily would go, dressed politely, as they like to call it. The dance performances, though, were something quite extreme. Very young pretty girls wearing colourful bikinis with tiny pairs of knickers were dancing as ifthey were performing sex acts. I looked around astonished and could see quite a few people, lots of teenage girls, in fact, looking a bit uneasy. Well, that was the first show of that kind that I saw, I am now desensitised to it.

In many parts of the country I have lived with families with little girls as young as 6 years old learning pole dancers' moves at school to participate in various contests, in fact they are encouraged by adults around them to do so. I simply see this as a traditional way of training a young female for a possible future in certain areas of the entertainment business.

Edited by Ave

Nasty or not, it's the hypocrisy of the people attacking her that is more offensive. You have massage parlors, go go bars, brothels and what not all over the place and yet these guardians of morality decide to attack this poor girl trying to put herself through college.

This is quite vulgar, even by western standards. I can understand why this has caused a few reactions. There's a fine line between sexy and nasty. Sexy girls showing off with very few clothes on is nice, but someone scratching their pussy on stage isn't nice at all. Although i'll admit she's hot.

I have to agree with AnIdiotAbroad, that scratching and moaning didn't impress me much in terms of talent. Not exactly what most people would call it good taste.

My friend is an orphan from Isan and like this lady ja(-ja), she has been a university student. She can dance really well, by the way. While she was studying she was working full-time at a 7-11 and serving in a restaurant near the university, in the evenings. She has now got a good job at the airport. She didn't need to scratch her itchy bit in public to find the money to pay for her uni fees. She just got normal jobs.

I remember me, 'Alice in Wonderland' in Trat and my then boyfriend telling me not to look for accommodation in certain guesthouses because they were full of female students prostitutes..I asked him why they had to resort to that while there were jobs around. He replied that it is quicker to get money like that. I bet it is!

this is a much sexier version :)

Was sent this link ages ago by a Thai friend :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkjbnjJlFDk

David

I personally don't give a flying one re the 'performance', after seeing a very chubby (must've been around 12 year old) girl, dressed in bubble gum pink, holding her two outstretched arms in a 'gripping' position, thrusting energetically but unsmilingly to the amusement of a couple of local lads, at a local temple fair some years ago, nothing fazes me here any more.

However. Why are the Thais such crap dancers? And I mean 'dancing', not 'grinding'. Just look at the background 'dancers'. What's with all that stepping from side to side with the occasional ('musically' on cue) twirl whilst grinning ferociously? I've seen it everywhere. Watch them at clubs too. Rubbish.

Probably because 80% of Thais probably walk (like a zombie) less than 100 metres a day. Stepping form side to side is a lot of hard work for all those jelly legs.

In many parts of the country I have lived with families with little girls as young as 6 years old learning pole dancers' moves at school to participate in various contests, in fact they are encouraged by adults around them to do so.

'pole dancers moves'.... ROFLMAO

I simply see this as a traditional way of training a young female for a possible future in certain areas of the entertainment business.

Well, you simply would see it that way wouldn't you?

I can imagine the average, proud Isaan mum saying, "She's only six, doing well as school and wants to be a nurse but you never know when a stint on Soi Cowboy may be needed."

Nasty or not, it's the hypocrisy of the people attacking her that is more offensive. You have massage parlors, go go bars, brothels and what not all over the place and yet these guardians of morality decide to attack this poor girl trying to put herself through college.

This is quite vulgar, even by western standards. I can understand why this has caused a few reactions. There's a fine line between sexy and nasty. Sexy girls showing off with very few clothes on is nice, but someone scratching their pussy on stage isn't nice at all. Although i'll admit she's hot.

I have to agree with AnIdiotAbroad, that scratching and moaning didn't impress me much in terms of talent. Not exactly what most people would call it good taste.

My friend is an orphan from Isan and like this lady ja(-ja), she has been a university student. She can dance really well, by the way. While she was studying she was working full-time at a 7-11 and serving in a restaurant near the university, in the evenings. She has now got a good job at the airport. She didn't need to scratch her itchy bit in public to find the money to pay for her uni fees. She just got normal jobs.

I remember me, 'Alice in Wonderland' in Trat and my then boyfriend telling me not to look for accommodation in certain guesthouses because they were full of female students prostitutes..I asked him why they had to resort to that while there were jobs around. He replied that it is quicker to get money like that. I bet it is!

You cannot work in 7-Eleven and a restaurant to cover any semester-fee in any of the more decent unis here...

What are you on?

It was not about her, but her songs.

it was about her gestures, look on her hand and the censored frames

I have seen much more sexual shows here in Isaan at weddings

you mean something like this, or more sexual ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpFr1loC2u0

What are you on?

look at the discussion about the 7 year old girls on morlam stage, dressed up, like a sexy star,

and the western critics, that this would support child molesting,

the isaan shows were targeted many times.

What are you on?

What are you on?

look at the discussion about the 7 year old girls on morlam stage, dressed up, like a sexy star,

What has all this to do about any "discussion about the 7 year old girls on morlam stage, dressed up, like a sexy star"?

And "censored frames"?

Have you been posting in the wrong threads again? Those multiple tabbed browsers can be tricky, eh?

What are you on?

What are you on?

What has all this to do about any "discussion about the 7 year old girls on morlam stage, dressed up, like a sexy star"?

And "censored frames"?

Have you been posting in the wrong threads again? Those multiple tabbed browsers can be tricky, eh?

look at the vdo of the interview, dude,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikFsZi3PeLo

they covered "her part" with a soft filter, so a kind of censor, right ?

concerning our discussion of 'discrediting the Isaan Party culture',

I remember about the critics over the 7 year old girls on stage, this was the last attempt, to discredit them,

not so hard to understand ?

Go to any local Ban Nok temple Thumbon (charity to raise cash for temple) and look at the so called dancing girls or coyotes they hire to dance onstage and entertain the crowd.

Also take notice of all the local boys swarming around the stage stuffing money down the girl's pants.

Where there is a demand there is supply !

Yeah, they're all good Buddists aren't they.

Go to any local Ban Nok temple Thumbon (charity to raise cash for temple) and look at the so called dancing girls or coyotes they hire to dance onstage and entertain the crowd.

Also take notice of all the local boys swarming around the stage stuffing money down the girl's pants.

Where there is a demand there is supply !

Welcome to the 21st century...

You're welcome to the 21st century. As far as entertainment is concerned, I prefer the good old days when such divas as Ella Fitzgerald, Dakota Staton, Shirley Bassey, Eartha Kitt, and Aretha Franklin enthralled with their talent and artistry without taking their clothes off. It seems to me that most of the contemporary music could be labelled as 'music to burn missionaries by' and the talents of those performing, certainly of Thai singers, measured by the level of volume output.

My thoughts after watching the video? Tasteless rubbish and a prime example of the young being young - and stupid, but then my father never understood modern jazz. or the swinging big bands of my youth.

You're welcome to the 21st century. As far as entertainment is concerned, I prefer the good old days when such divas as Ella Fitzgerald, Dakota Staton, Shirley Bassey, Eartha Kitt, and Aretha Franklin enthralled with their talent and artistry without taking their clothes off. It seems to me that most of the contemporary music could be labelled as 'music to burn missionaries by' and the talents of those performing, certainly of Thai singers, measured by the level of volume output.

My thoughts after watching the video? Tasteless rubbish and a prime example of the young being young - and stupid, but then my father never understood modern jazz. or the swinging big bands of my youth.

So I guess Mae West was just ahead of her time.

Don't recall Mae west touching herself in public or groaning in a sexual way. Engage brain before typing.

So I guess Mae West was just ahead of her time.

Actually, all this sexual controversy regarding Thai performers is getting a bit boring and samey. I'm waiting for the day when a proper Thai band with something out of the ordinary has something to say and does an interview like this:

Notice the Nazi armband, in red and the black swastika on white circle.

You cannot work in 7-Eleven and a restaurant to cover any semester-fee in any of the more decent unis here...

She won a scholarship and she managed by borrowing some money over the years from her closest friends. She is not the only one.

In many parts of the country I have lived with families with little girls as young as 6 years old learning pole dancers' moves at school to participate in various contests, in fact they are encouraged by adults around them to do so.

'pole dancers moves'.... ROFLMAO

I simply see this as a traditional way of training a young female for a possible future in certain areas of the entertainment business.

Well, you simply would see it that way wouldn't you?

I can imagine the average, proud Isaan mum saying, "She's only six, doing well as school and wants to be a nurse but you never know when a stint on Soi Cowboy may be needed."

With a touch of irony we can all read between the lines...or at least most of us..

• 1 month later...

Late reply for reference.

She's use-her-poo-for-toothepaste stunning but very likely frigid. :lol:

You should really try not to show your ignorance so blatantly. I don't think you even know what the term frigid means.

One was being ironical, hence the smiley, though I understand it going over your head if you hail from a certain place. :whistling:

The others knocking the lass - Mr spermwhale, et al - go and boil your head; she's great.