Air Asia Doesn'T Use Any Lube

rmicheald

It does not matter what you want to do with AA, you will pay more than the tell you for the ticket. If you want to change flights, it will cost you. They will also scam you into buying insurance and tell you you can decline it later but I defy you to find hwere you can cancel the insurance on the website. These are just some of the reasons I won't fly them.

Thyey make American carriers look good and that is bad.

I've never had to buy insurance from Air Asia and I've flown them a lot, you can simply decline the purchase when booking.

Edit: although the OP probably wishes he had purchased the insurance now.

NOTE: The insurance on AA does NOT cover canceled flights by the passenger; only if AA canceled it. -figure that one out.

Oh yes, Air Asia is wonderful. They will gladly let you change your ticket if you don't want to go swimming in flooded areas. Just pay 1200 baht extra for an 1800 baht ticket, and everyone will be happy, right? How many people read the terms and conditions to find out a seemingly reputable company cares about the money and not about the customer? That's right, it is the customers fault, until they are treated like this and decide not to be a customer anymore. Nok Air has a policy to allow changes without fee for the current flooding situation. Air Asia? They'll stick to policies that let them keep the money tody, but no more tomorrow (or ever).

cant have it all ways, low cost chaep travel but with all the perks of full cost airlines, airport was not closed flight was ok!!!.

have my visa bounce for feb and may booked already, 100 baht each way, less than 500 return to had yai with taxes and reserved seat, same day, for me there and back great. no more rip offs with the Camboadians and page and half taken in passport.

It does not matter what you want to do with AA, you will pay more than the tell you for the ticket. If you want to change flights, it will cost you. They will also scam you into buying insurance and tell you you can decline it later but I defy you to find hwere you can cancel the insurance on the website. These are just some of the reasons I won't fly them.

I've never had to buy insurance from Air Asia and I've flown them a lot, you can simply decline the purchase when booking.

NOTE: The insurance on AA does NOT cover canceled flights by the passenger; only if AA canceled it. -figure that one out.

I'm totally shocked and amazed, do you mean to tell me that I can't cancel my reservations at the very last minute and get my money back from the insurance company, why that's utterly outrageous, these Thai businesses are pretty sneeky aren't they! :blink:

I'm totally shocked and amazed, do you mean to tell me that I can't cancel my reservations at the very last minute and get my money back from the insurance company, why that's utterly outrageous, these Thai businesses are pretty sneeky aren't they! :blink:

Well, that was just the usual nonsense. Actually it DOES TOO cover canceled flights by the passenger--if there is a provable medical reason by the passenger or by the passenger's spouse.

For canceling on a whim, the trivial amount you pay for the insurance--which covers a lot of other stuff, too--along with the discount air fare is much too low. Regular airlines can cover arbitrary cancellations from the greatly increased fares charged.

The OP should have booked via Thai, not Air Asia, so that he wouldn't have been so shocked he didn't get champagne for the price of a beer, after he'd agreed to buy a beer.