Air Asia Doesn'T Use Any Lube

rmicheald

I had a flight to Chang Mai leaving Monday (October 3) As everybody EXCEPT Air Asia knows, there is SEVERE FLOODING in Chang Mai. Five people (or more) have lost their lives and the town is under several feet of water. I requested a refund from Air Asia and the cheap chickenshit bastards said they would refund the TAX, but "fuc_k you" about the 4,000 baht I paid for the flight...

DON'T FLY AIR ASIA UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THERE WILL BE NO "ACTS OF GOD"...

Though Air Asia has some reasonable prices.. by the time one finishes "gingerly" doing the steps of booking one of their flights, one is stressed out. It is like walking through a jungle with landmines...The first "land mine" is the check-in baggage that one needs to correct on the screen if you plan to have just a carry one; next, one has to make sure the insurance isn't included (with a confusing question of "yes" or "no") then the "hot seats" are automatically assigned to you until you re-assign yourself to regular seating (over a $10 charge). For domestic flights I now try to take Nok Air just because its website is easier to use and I can book it faster.... (I become impatient with Air Asia's booking site.) By the way, this summer I accidently booked the insurance of my Air Asia flight to Singapore...there was a death in my family so I had to cancel it and I remembered that I had my insurance.... To find out (after calling the insurance company), the insurance did not cover my canceled flight.. What is the purpose of having the flight insurance??? By the way, Air Asia told me I could collect on the tax at the airport.

Edited by toenail

Utter NONESENSE....THERE IS NOT SEVERE FLOODING IN Chiang Mai.

A FEW LOW LYING PARTS BY THE RIVER DO HAVE SOME FLOODING ,,,BUT THE AIRPORT IS DRY,AS IS 95% OF THE CITY.

Agreed, there is only small isolated problems now by comparison to yesterday, by 3 October, the date of your flight, we may well be in drought territory so I suggest you may have panicked unnecessarily.

I had a flight to Chang Mai leaving Monday (October 3) As everybody EXCEPT Air Asia knows, there is SEVERE FLOODING in Chang Mai. .... I requested a refund from Air Asia and the cheap chickenshit bastards said they would refund the TAX, but "fuc_k you" about the 4,000 baht I paid for the flight...

Did your flight leave for Chang Mai? If so, how can you expect them to refund your ticket? WHY the f*** should they refund your ticket if they fly there??? Because you're a farang and don't like the bad weather??? Ridicolous...

You probably bought a non-refundable ticket. The airline agrees to transport you to the airport and that's what they would do. From the airport, you're your own problem. Air Asia is just fine.

Couldn't agree more. I have planned ahead and used Air Asia to fly all over SE Asia over the last couple of years. They are cheap, quick check-ins and hassle free flights. Plus they have been very rarely more than 10 or 15 mins late.

I have flown Air Asia a few times and found them to be very reasonable for a budget airline, obviously the OP has never had to deal with Easyjet (notorious UK airline with poor customer service, even let a TV documentary crew film them ripping of pasengers).

Just booked 2 seats to Chiang Mai. Nok came in 1000bt cheaper than Air Asia and I get to use Don Meung too!

I had flown Nok once and Air Asia several times due to my proximity to Survam and less traffic. Seems to me Nok is always a few hundred bahts more than Air Asia RT for BKK-CNX. It's possible that I have not perused deep enough?

It seems to me Air Asia planes have smoother takeoff and landing. Just my personal experience.

Oh yes, I was taken in by AA for buying the insurance unknowingly. I also think they record your clicks on their website and juggle things around to their advantage. Just last month I was looking at a particular flight on their website to check the price but did not book initially. Then 2 hours later when I booked for 2 passengers, the price went up B200 each. On that traveling day, the flight was not even full. It has always cost me around B3,500 RT for BKK-CMX. But overall AA is quite good.

I can't comment about the state of the flooding in Chiang Mai, but having flown Air Asia several times, the website is a poorly designed customer interface. It exists in its current form to bump up the price of your fare, and earn the airline extra money, while advertising very cheap headline fares.

It does not matter what you want to do with AA, you will pay more than the tell you for the ticket. If you want to change flights, it will cost you. They will also scam you into buying insurance and tell you you can decline it later but I defy you to find hwere you can cancel the insurance on the website. These are just some of the reasons I won't fly them.

Thyey make American carriers look good and that is bad.

It might need some acrobatic craft to undo insurance and expensive (350 baht) red seat selection but I flew Udon Thani-Phuket last week for 730 THB return, inclusive 20kgs luggage and normal seat selection (I was not traveling alone, otherwise don't care where I sit).

I will fly to Bangkok return to catch international flight later this month for 2k, thus 1k one way, inclusive 30 kgs luggage.

We have bookings March 2012 UTH-Phuket return for 2: 750THB, will, add seat selection+luggage a few days before we fly, if we fly....

Bookings July 2012 to Bangkok for 2, paid 362, to Phuket again September 2012 at 362.

Can you beat that?

No need to change flight, throw ticket to the bin.

Edited by tartempion

It might need some acrobatic craft to undo insurance and expensive (350 baht) red seat selection but I flew Udon Thani-Phuket last week for 730 THB return, inclusive 20kgs luggage and normal seat selection (I was not traveling alone, otherwise don't care where I sit).

I will fly to Bangkok return to catch international flight later this month for 2k, thus 1k one way, inclusive 30 kgs luggage.

We have bookings March 2012 UTH-Phuket return for 2: 750THB, will, add seat selection+luggage a few days before we fly, if we fly....

Bookings July 2012 to Bangkok for 2, paid 362, to Phuket again September 2012 at 362.

Can you beat that?

No need to change flight, throw ticket to the bin.

I doubt anyone can beat those prices.

And as you indicate, a careful review of the various options on the AA website can remove the extras for insurance, red seats, baggage allowances, in-flight kits etc.. For the record I've flown more than 10 times with them in the last few months and never paid for insurance.

And they are WAY cheaper than TG, SG, CX, and Tiger on the Sg to BKK route. Jetstar are competitive though.

Simon

It does not matter what you want to do with AA, you will pay more than the tell you for the ticket. If you want to change flights, it will cost you. They will also scam you into buying insurance and tell you you can decline it later but I defy you to find hwere you can cancel the insurance on the website. These are just some of the reasons I won't fly them.

I've never had to buy insurance from Air Asia and I've flown them a lot, you can simply decline the purchase when booking.

Edit: although the OP probably wishes he had purchased the insurance now.

Edited by PattayaParent

It does not matter what you want to do with AA, you will pay more than the tell you for the ticket.

No, you wont. This is just lying. What's your motive?

If you want to change flights, it will cost you.

Duh!

You can change flights, for a fee, before 48 hours (or more, according your class). The flight rules about this are clearly posted and you must agree to these rules before you can proceed to buy a ticket.

post-14882-0-85830200-1317638084_thumb.j

post-14882-0-04344500-1317638152_thumb.j

So this is totally transparent and there is no scam whatsoever. It costs them to provide the service, so why shouldn't they pass that along to you and not to everyone else who is NOT changing flights?

Similarly, checking in at the counter involves a cost to them, so they will pass that along to you. Why should those of us booking online have to pay extra (in the airfare) for your expense?

They will also scam you into buying insurance and tell you you can decline it later but I defy you to find hwere you can cancel the insurance on the website. These are just some of the reasons I won't fly them.

As for the insurance two posters have explained that you can easily cancel the insurance. I've done it myself. It's very clear on the screen.

Here it is:

post-14882-0-85861800-1317636858_thumb.j

And more for the illiterate and clueless such as yourself, here's where you cancel your seat selection fee:

post-14882-0-92801800-1317636905_thumb.j

Nope, Air Asia is in fact as good or better and the flight attendants sure are a lot more beautiful. The seats are less roomy, however.

Note: There will be an airport tax and fuel surcharge and those fees WILL be delineated on the the ticket.

Hope you whiners have enjoyed yourselves. Now, how about growing up and stop wasting our time?

Hope you whiners have enjoyed yourselves. Now, how about growing up and stop wasting our time?

Seems like you have a lot of time to waste based on the extensive post you made.

Why are we whiners when:

our wife is afraid to fly there and refuses to go

the news is reporting at least 5 deaths in Chang Mai

TV showing water up to peoples armpits etc. IN CHANG MAI

and we are asking a reasonable request to have a refund after deciding not to go over a week in advance NOT to go?????

I would expect with advance notice like that to receive at least 50% of my money back. Fine, keep some for doing nothing, but to not give anything back but airport taxes....

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity Flame

its been clearly stated here, that Cm is not under floods. people die in BKK every day and you booked a seat they may or may not be able to resell. you entered into a contract! the only act that God is involved in in this little tale is that he watched you change your mind. thats standard with any airline. you cancel on a whim. if you do .. up to you. Now if you had insurance and were sick... different story

sorry but in most of the BMs opinions here, yours simply ISNT a reasonable request., the airport is open, the city is not flooded and all is good ..except you wont be there

BTW, dont forget that CM is a province as well as a city. flooding within the province could be anywhere within 200 Km from the city,

I did hear that Doi Sutep Temple was 4 ft under water, but it may have been a rumour ;)

I would expect with advance notice like that to receive at least 50% of my money back.

Again, READ THE FREAKING RULES BEFORE YOU BOOK!!!! If you want 50% back, or a complete refund, that's fine.....but don't book cheap tickets through a budget airline like Air Asia. You get what you pay for, and the non-refundable fares are what you're paying for. They are not "scamming" you by following their own rules that are written in black and white on the website.

Seems like you have a lot of time to waste based on the extensive post you made.

Why are we whiners when:

and we are asking a reasonable request to have a refund after deciding not to go over a week in advance NOT to go?????

I would expect with advance notice like that to receive at least 50% of my money back. Fine, keep some for doing nothing, but to not give anything back but airport taxes....

I think your response and language above leaves a lot to be desired :blink: .

Air Asia seem to get a lot of bad press on TV, yet my own experience, and that of a number of other posters, has been only positive, and cheap.

If you want the bells and whistles of flexible, refundable tickets, then you need to pay for them these days. As I mentioned before, this type of ticket, with a carrier such as TG, are a lot more expensive, perhaps more than double.

I'll stick with AA thanks, I like their approach to no-frills, inexpensive flights.

Simon

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity and flame removed from quoted post

Piece o' cake. It's rare here you encounter such an obvious, clear cut case of idiocy to have fun with. Too often, it's stuff like "I liked the bread better at Carrefour because at Big C Extra it has too many bubbles." Or "I can't find Marmite anywhere!"

Why are we whiners when:

Oh, just because:

• Your wife is obviously uninformed and irrational and leads you around by the nose
  • You paid no attention to where the deaths occurred in "Chang" Mai
  • You (or rather, your wife) are too easily panicked by some news report that might well be irrelevant
  • Your request WASN'T reasonable as:
    • you had already made a contract with the airline
    • the terms of that contract were made perfectly clear
    • the contract was to transport you to the Chiang Mai airport and it was going to do exactly that
    • you had understood your ticket was non-refundable
    • you had paid less for the ticket because it was non-refundable
    • you could merely change your schedule for a modest fee

I would expect with advance notice like that to receive at least 50% of my money back.

But, you see, that expectation is silly when the contract with the airline is perfectly clear (see my last post) and you had agreed to it. You had no right whatsoever to such an expectation--as the adults in the thread have explained to you repeatedly.

Hence you just wasted your money when you could have either gone on the date agreed or changed your schedule. Maybe that's what you're really upset about--your own poor decision and subsequent wastefulness.

Now, you'd be happier and more successful by learning to accept and cope with reality like a man, respecting the contracts you've entered into. Otherwise, why shouldn't your landlord kick you out of your apartment anytime regardless of the rental agreement if the landlord finds a higher-paying tenant? You'd certainly scream about that. It wouldn't be reasonable.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame and off topic JPG removed

Again, READ THE FREAKING RULES BEFORE YOU BOOK!!!! If you want 50% back, or a complete refund, that's fine.....but don't book cheap tickets through a budget airline like Air Asia. You get what you pay for, and the non-refundable fares are what you're paying for. They are not "scamming" you by following their own rules that are written in black and white on the website.

here here... 100% spot on. You could pay B15000 with thai airways and have a completely refundable, changeable, routable re everything fare

You press " BUY" on their website and you are agreeing with their rules and condistions