New Cbr 600

KRS1

There are rumors that Honda will start selling "bigger" bikes in thailand but they will be at the same price as Suzuki and Yamaha...CBR1000rr ~ 800,000baht but spec is unknown.

I did see a bunch of Honda reps at BIRA a few weeks ago with a 600 Hornet that one of Thailands top superbike racers (Superbird) was testing all day on the track. It looked really good and would be a nice replacement for my ER6n if it ever dies...

post-113955-0-18706700-1317448202_thumb.

RedBaron can get Jap litre bikes with green book for about 700k. There's a fully legal 2011 ZX10R on their website now for 680k.

I don't think anyone is holding their breath for a CBR1000 at 800k. Personally I'm waiting for the 2012 gsxr 1000 specs to be released and then if its up to scratch I'm hoping RB can import for about the same as the 2011 ZX10R.

Thats exactly what i said to the person that told me about honda selling bigger bikes, it will be hard for them to compete with Red Barron. At present they have a 08 CBR1000rr with 2800km on it for 470,000 with book, i would buy that before i would pay 800,000Baht for a 2011 that the only difference is it has ABS. I already have 2 Blades and both get serviced at Red Barron, don't think i would bring them anywhere else.

There are rumors that Honda will start selling "bigger" bikes in thailand but they will be at the same price as Suzuki and Yamaha...CBR1000rr ~ 800,000baht but spec is unknown.

I did see a bunch of Honda reps at BIRA a few weeks ago with a 600 Hornet that one of Thailands top superbike racers (Superbird) was testing all day on the track. It looked really good and would be a nice replacement for my ER6n if it ever dies...

RedBaron can get Jap litre bikes with green book for about 700k. There's a fully legal 2011 ZX10R on their website now for 680k.

I don't think anyone is holding their breath for a CBR1000 at 800k. Personally I'm waiting for the 2012 gsxr 1000 specs to be released and then if its up to scratch I'm hoping RB can import for about the same as the 2011 ZX10R.

does anyone in Thailand have diagnosis tools/computer for these bikes?

CBR1000rr fault codes are easily read by shorting two pins and the procedure is in the manual...DIY

If you can get an ER6N for 270k, why not a Honda?

Cuz the ER6 is built in Thailand silly. Honda won't be building the CBR600 in Thailand anytime soon.

yep, no agreement signed between Honda and BoI yet, so no TH Honda manufactoring of bikes above 250cc this year

Kwaker did a scoop being first with BoI in TH, and will keep +90% of the big bike market for at least another year. Wish competition would come, but they aint got the balls

Honda have a new manufacturing plant underway in Malaysia. So the question is, what bikes will be manufactured there? Not those made in Thailand I wouldn't think, so the bigger bike range? maybe?

i went to Honda's safety course yesterday and was taking to some of the staff about what kind of bikes they ride. one of the guys said that next year he was going to get the CBR400. i didnt think much of it then but after looking on the forum i wish i would have asked them more questions dry.gif

i went to Honda's safety course yesterday and was taking to some of the staff about what kind of bikes they ride. one of the guys said that next year he was going to get the CBR400. i didnt think much of it then but after looking on the forum i wish i would have asked them more questions dry.gif

It might of been the CB400 he was referring to I saw a guy in Udon last month riding one, Im pretty sure it was the 2011 model as well.

Edited by kermitzkitchen

Thats exactly what i said to the person that told me about honda selling bigger bikes, it will be hard for them to compete with Red Barron. At present they have a 08 CBR1000rr with 2800km on it for 470,000 with book, i would buy that before i would pay 800,000Baht for a 2011 that the only difference is it has ABS. I already have 2 Blades and both get serviced at Red Barron, don't think i would bring them anywhere else.

Yep, Kawasaki, Thailand couldn't compete with Red Baron and would you believe that their sales staff even told me that if I wanted a full power ZX10R I should talk to Red Baron, because, as everyone knows, the ZX10R sold by Kawasaki, Thailand was severely restricted. :rolleyes:

Red Baron Bangkok has been servicing and repairing race bikes for years. They have all the tools and hardware needed and some of the best mechanics in Thailand IMO. If you buy a bike from them you have access to their mechanics. If not you may be asked to purchase a membership if you wish to have your bike serviced or repaired by Red Baron.

It might of been the CB400 he was referring to I saw a guy in Udon last month riding one, Im pretty sure it was the 2011 model as well.

no im pretty sure he was taking about next years model 2012