IKEA To Open Its First Store In Thailand

webfact

OhDearGod. So they're having to bus people in to buy their crap 'furniture' etc, and all you farang are over the moon at having the option of furnishing your little palaces witth their shit, same Index with the woefully ignorant Thais (Index cheap crappy imports) before them.

Take the time to find locally produced furniture which will last more than six months AND throw on some soft furnishings/have upholstered.

Memories of 'back home' in short supply here. Together with 'taste'.

Respectfully disagree.

I myself have been buying furniture from IKEA for 25 years now, it's durable and good-value, and since I've always loved pine then it has never gone out-of-fashion as far as I'm concerned ! I also learned to love Swedish food, and IKEA's food-store, while living in Stockholm for a couple of years.

But the main reason for continuing to support them, with my hard-earned dosh, is that I think they have world-class design ! I certainly wouldn't describe them as "same index" or "shit".

Although I would agree that some of their lowest-cost starter-furniture is chipboard or even laminated-cardboard, designed down to a price, but you can see this when deciding what to get ... so "up to you" !

I just look forward to the day when they open up here in Chiang Mai ! They'll certainly give the other modern-furniture stores a run for their money IMO ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, warranty, this is LOS and you are dealing with LOS folk, NOT a Scandinavian. Think we have heard this stuff before. . coffee1.gif

I can't offer any direct experience on the issue nor can most others, I'd expect, because IKEA in Thailand has only been open a few months, and this is their first store in the country.

But when I've been browsing other Thai furniture stores in the past, I can't say I recall seeing a lot of 10 or 20 year warranty stickers on their furniture...

Either way, I'd think it's a fair bet that IKEA (in part because they are a large international retailer) is more likely to stand behind their warranty without excess grief compared to the typical Thai retail shop... Because we all know the experience that's so common with that.