Looking For A Studio W/ Kitchen In Niman Area

lalalanka

Hello, I am planning to stay in Chiang Mai for about a year starting this December to attend a language school in the Niman area.

I'm looking for a studio with kitchen in/around the Niman area for about a year starting this December.

My budget for the accommodation is B15,000, including electricity, water and internet, so I'm guessing my budget for the studio would be around B12-13,000.

I'm actually in Chiang Mai right now, and I went around the area by bicycle to see some apartments such as Baan Thai, but typically I couldn't find rooms with kitchen facilities.

I've found the Punan Residence, and the place looked great, but a studio with kitchen was B18,000 per month, which was beyond my budget. Plus, I couldn't see any studios this time because they were all occupied. I've found out later that it gets really noisy at night.

I'm focusing on the Niman area, simply because it'd be easy to go to class, but if there is what I'm looking for near that area, I'd be happy to know them too.

From time to time I'd like to cook, so the kitchen is a must.

It seems difficult to find a studio with kitchen in the first place, but if you have any recommendations, I'd be grateful.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Try going to some of the other condo units like Hillside 2, Hillside 3, Hillside 4. If you go on Huay Kaew Road near Kad Saun Kaew (which is a five minute walk to NImmenhaemen) there are condos like Nakorn-Ping and Sirithana which you could find a studio with cooking facilities in the 7000-8000 range excluding utilities.

Punna on Nimman area is noisy because most farang don't want to use air condition.

It's is the most popular area in Chiang Mai. Pubs and place to eat and shopping are in the area. Most Thai tourists visiting Chiang Mai will come here. If you like a quiet place to write or study then this is not the place.

The Punna condo are only 2 years old as Hillside 19 years old.

These buildings are probably look more tidy than most condos in Chiang Mai.

I'm not advertising because my rooms are fully booked.

Punna on Nimman area is noisy because most farang don't want to use air condition.

It's is the most popular area in Chiang Mai. Pubs and place to eat and shopping are in the area. Most Thai tourists visiting Chiang Mai will come here. If you like a quiet place to write or study then this is not the place.

I think most people are saying the area is noisy at night-time. Not sure how "farangs not wanting to use air-conditioning" would cause that noise ... I don't even understand the statement to be honest ... most farangs I know use air-con way more than Thais .... :)

Try going to some of the other condo units like Hillside 2, Hillside 3, Hillside 4. If you go on Huay Kaew Road near Kad Saun Kaew (which is a five minute walk to NImmenhaemen) there are condos like Nakorn-Ping and Sirithana which you could find a studio with cooking facilities in the 7000-8000 range excluding utilities.

Thanks very much for your information. I'll go and check out the ones you mentioned. The rent sounds great, too. I really appreciate it, shepsel.

Thank you for your information on the noise issues in the Niman area. I actually asked one of the security guards at Punna about the noise at night, and he said it doesn't get noisy at night...

I was thinking of studying in my room most of the time, so taking your advice, it seems that I should avoid the area. Thanks again for your information.