Best Area

daftpunker

The best hotels would have to be, Centara Grand Mirage, Dusit Thani, Royal Cliff, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, Hilton, Marriot, Sheraton, Amari, Siam Bayshore .........Best area to stay? well that would depend on what you want to be close to/far away from?

Far away from the bar area.

:lol: Well that narrows it down a bit, Centara Grand Mirage, Dusit Thani, Royal Cliff, Sheraton, or south of Pattaya to Ravindra (Sp?) beach resort just south of the Ambassador, or the Ambassador it'self.

Rabbit Resort looks like a really nice place to stay...

That's Jomtien, not Pattaya.

If the OP is prepared to be in Jomtien then there are lots of places with no nearby bars. The same applies to Wong Amat.

Rabbit Resort does have the advantage of being just a short walk up past trhe condo building to get to the main bahtbus route. I put a friend up in there and he was very happy with it, and it all seemed nice enough to me when I visited him there. Not sure I would care to walk along Dongtan beach late in the evening though.

Edited by Darrel

Rabbit Resort looks like a really nice place to stay...

That's Jomtien, not Pattaya.

If the OP is prepared to be in Jomtien then there are lots of places with no nearby bars. The same applies to Wong Amat.

Rabbit Resort does have the advantage of being just a short walk up past trhe condo building to get to the main bahtbus route. I put a friend up in there and he was very happy with it, and it all seemed nice enough to me when I visited him there. Not sure I would care to walk along Dongtan beach late in the evening though.

A word about Rabbit Resort: It is very nice if you like upscale, private cottages, Balinese style. Good pool and garden area. Owners nice and helpful. Right on the beach. Short walk to Police Booth area where you can get a bus to Pattaya. But, and I have nothing against gays (I am not gay), it is in the center of Gay Central. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing place on the beach, it is a good alternative to the large condo units with tiny rooms that are modeled after prisons :) Rabbit Resort has "style."

I think the OP needs to expand on what he is hoping to get out of Pattaya..

For some staying on 'Soi 6' could be a dream come true and staying in the Dusit could be a nightmare!

What kind of visitor are you?

I would be coming with my gf ,so i dont want area full of bars and women.

For some staying on 'Soi 6' could be a dream come true and staying in the Dusit could be a nightmare!

How sad to miss out on Pattaya's unique character and charm.

It's a great time and place to introduce the concept of threesome to the gf.

Far away from the bar area.

Then why do you want to go to Pattaya? There's nothing there but bars.

Somebody else feeling the need to comment without having experience of the place i see !!:annoyed:

Edited by LennyW

In Central Pattaya itself, it will be hard to escape the bars. Again, in Central Pattaya there is only one resort that is open directly to the beach....until you reach the Dusit. Then no more until just before you reach the Wong Amat area.

The "best hotel" is subjective. You have to state exactly what it is that you would expect, together with your budget.

Jomtien should be fine.

Mostly respectable bars, fairly clean beach and only a 10B ride from Pattaya if you want to come into town.

Do stay near/on the beach though; it's a pain to get transport if you aren't on the main route.

Jomtien should be fine.

Mostly respectable bars, fairly clean beach and only a 10B ride from Pattaya if you want to come into town.

Do stay near/on the beach though; it's a pain to get transport if you aren't on the main route.

LOL

JH

How sad to miss out on Pattaya's unique character and charm.

It's a great time and place to introduce the concept of threesome to the gf.

Er --- no it is not.

But do enlighten us mere mortals.

What is a "nice area" for hotels depends on if you are single, a couple, married with family. If you don't want the bars in your face, hotels such as the new Holiday Inn (water slide for kids), Amari, and Dusit have nice views of Pattaya bay and the two block area is away from the bars. True, the beach is not worth swimming at, but nice to look at. The advantage at these three hotels is that it is easy to jump on a songtaew (baht bus) when exploring the city or going to Central Festival shopping center. Centara Grand Mirage is more family oriented with a swimming pool geared for kids, great view of the distant islands and sunset....but not walking distance to central Pattaya.

What is a "nice area" for hotels depends on if you are single, a couple, married with family. If you don't want the bars in your face, hotels such as the new Holiday Inn (water slide for kids), Amari, and Dusit have nice views of Pattaya bay and the two block area is away from the bars. True, the beach is not worth swimming at, but nice to look at. The advantage at these three hotels is that it is easy to jump on a songtaew (baht bus) when exploring the city or going to Central Festival shopping center. Centara Grand Mirage is more family oriented with a swimming pool geared for kids, great view of the distant islands and sunset....but not walking distance to central Pattaya.

Thanks i was just thiking of going there as its near bangkok,after all the comments i might give it a miss ,im looking into koh samed now.Thanks anyway everyione.

Peace and quiet at night are my biggest things. I need to sleep at some point. I really like to have some feeling that I am in a country and have some nature around me. Soi 7 and soi 8 and soi bukao are fine. I have stayed for 30 days up off of Soi Yume behind carre 4. That was nice. It is an easy to walk to Pattaya Klang and to hop on a baht bus. There is a nice public swimming pool down behind Nantana Garden. Realy a diamond in the rough.

If you have a motor cycle or scooter, Pratnmark hill can be OK. Got some nice views up that way. Scooter makes it easy to drive to Jomtien for the slightly better beach.

Saw some potential up behind third road about Soi 12 or so I guess as the East West markers go. A couple of 6 or 8 unit complexes that looked nice.

South side of Jomtien gets quiet too. Almost rented there at some complex but decided against the terms.

Naklua had some nice looking places with some greenery and trees. Some of the overlooks from some of the condos along the water on the way to the beach if you were walking along that boardwalk look really nice. I mean they looked really nice. Definitely want a scooter there because it is a bit of a walk back to Naklua road or Beach road.

Single guys chasing girls? Stay near the beach in Pattaya.

Single guys chasing guys? Stay in Jomtien.

Couples and families should stay away.

If this is truly what you think, then you seriously need to get out more and broaden your knowledge of your surroundings!!