Any Other Vibrent City Like Udon Thani In Isaan?

BKKDUDE

Udon has perfect city stracture where everything within reach from Shopping plaza, nightlife, resturant and plenty of hotels all in walking distance of city center, as opposed to khoenkhen where everything is spreaded out all over the place. I found udon thani very alive where local stay out at late night and has massive night market (biggest in thailand).

I booked already for a week in udonthani in NOV, but taking another week off in Oct, was thinking of UBON, KORAT, SURIN, or any other recommandation, i don't want be in a village enviroment, as i'm in late 30s only. Thx

I very familiar with Udon , so i can try to comment on a few things .

Surin , been there once . Not even anything close to Udon . Very small city centre , 1 street with a few karaokes , 1 disco and 1 tabledance thing . Rest of the town is nearly completely death at night .Daytime is also not much to do , think of it as a large size village and certainly not a city . .

The other towns mentioned , cannot comment as i have no info over them . I heard from my GF that Nong Khai is pretty big these days .

There is no reason not to like the village live regarding your age . If it is for going out , yes cities are certainly a lot busier and have lot's more on offer . If you can speak a bit of Thai i would recommend a bit of driving around in the villages . It is daytime stuff , but you wake up earlier so it levels out .

Thank sezze, i find your post very precise, so time being Surin goes out of my list, may be Ubon i will give it a go this time after little check, seems to be closest to what i am looking for....

I will welcome more comments on Ubon or any other places in Isaan for mid aged guy like me...Thx

I very familiar with Udon , so i can try to comment on a few things .

Surin , been there once . Not even anything close to Udon . Very small city centre , 1 street with a few karaokes , 1 disco and 1 tabledance thing . Rest of the town is nearly completely death at night .Daytime is also not much to do , think of it as a large size village and certainly not a city . .

The other towns mentioned , cannot comment as i have no info over them . I heard from my GF that Nong Khai is pretty big these days .

There is no reason not to like the village live regarding your age . If it is for going out , yes cities are certainly a lot busier and have lot's more on offer . If you can speak a bit of Thai i would recommend a bit of driving around in the villages . It is daytime stuff , but you wake up earlier so it levels out .

Trust me, i'll do (Very much with Udon), I'm going to land of my favorite food "ahaan Isaarn" and Speak thai pretty good my friend.

I fear that someone called BKKDude isn't going to enjoy Ubon :rolleyes:

.....speak Thai pretty well my friend.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me, i'll do (Very much with Udon), I'm going to land of my favorite food "ahaan Isaarn" and Speak thai pretty good my friend.

I fear that someone called BKKDude isn't going to enjoy Ubon :rolleyes:

.....speak Thai pretty well my friend.;)

i would tread carefully while correcting the grammar of others, yours is, at best, overblown and abysmal.