Interview And Demonstration

jambco984

Hello Teaching Forum, this is my first post here.

Im currently teaching in Nakhon Pathom but unfortunately my boss is a cowboy and as tight as cramp with a wage.

Anywhooo, I've got an interview with what I will only describe as an awesome school with awesome prospects.

Great pay

Great hours

Great OT if I want it

ETC...ETC....

I have an interview / demonstration for this job which I have had a million interviews and can hold my own talking about anything to anyone.

Now the demonstration is another story, at first it was a cheeky 20 minute say hello to some students get them talking and don't scare them.

Now its a 20-30 minute English affair with a 20-30 minutes Maths affair, so call it an hours class with 2 subjects and lots of eyes watching me, directors other staff you name it. Now this doesn't scare me infact quite the opposite I'm ready and have lots of ideas.

My good Thai Teacher Visa type people, all I ask is a few ideas to throw around regards linking the 2 and not stopping and making it feel like 2 classes, I'd love some ideas of how to fill the time and not just pass the time.

I'm a fairly new teacher so be gentle, I'm ex-military and can tell a class of grown ups what to do but the little dears are another story.

I've had great results with the children I've worked with so far in Thailand and just want to WOW the directors.

I've already told them I am the man for the job and I know I am 100% confident of getting the result I want.

So help or don't help It will all be appreciated if positive and if its negative then you can go take a walk off a cliff. (Sorry no offence intended in advance) ;-)

The class will be aimed at Prathom 1 aged 5-6-7 is that?

Thank you and take care

jambco984