Durable Brooms Etc.

weary

Where to buy brooms and other cleaning equipment that does not fall apart after less than an hours' usage? Brooms with proper metal (not including aluminium) handles, plastic brush strands that actually stay on the brush rather than fall off. You get the idea, professional type stuff that lasts a long time with proper care.

Also, traditional Thai brooms with hard strands. I've never seen any shops carry them, only sold by ambulatory broom salesmen. Unfortunately there are no such broom salesmen around today when I am trying to clean up the mud... so any pointers will be appreciated.

My kingdom for a broom. I, too, have been frustrated with the Thai style of broom that one usually finds here; in fact, I've never seen one that really acted like a broom, as I remember them. A broom was high on my list of things to bring back from the USA last month.

And, not wanting to take a chance that the airline would prohibit my taking it on the plane as a carry-on, I unscrewed the head of the broom, put in in my luggage, and sent the handle via airmail. The handle arrived in Chiang Mai a few days after I did, and I'm now one happy sweeper upper.

So which part of the broom is 20 years old???

Ive had the same broom for 20 years. It's still like new. I have taken care of it though. It's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles over the years......

You won't know unless you're a Brit, eh Trigger! :D

I've come to like the short-handled whispy Thai brooms for collecting dust and debris in the house, once I observed and used the proper Thai sweeping technique. But, one needs something much more substantial for mud from floods. Maybe a garden hose with a high pressure nozzle.

There are hawkers who travel around with there push cart who sell them, plus many places will sell good ones.

I saw one at the end of the Sunday Waling street in one of the streets to the left or right, in the center of the moat Area, , a few years ago that had a really good selection.

So which part of the broom is 20 years old???

Ive had the same broom for 20 years. It's still like new. I have taken care of it though. It's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles over the years......

I've never changed both head and handle at the same time, so.....