Question About Expat-Condo

stelen123

Looks like just one more virtual Pattaya real estate agent with the usual hopelessly over-priced condos to me.

Can't imagine that it is any different to the 200+ other ones in town.

So, Darrel, what´s the best option you can give?

Not easy.

I wasn't running that online agent down in particular; just saying that there are hundreds of them, and in my experience most are pretty similar, even to the extent of having the same places on their books.

I suppose that if I was booking something in advance from abroad then I would be more interested in dealing with someone reliable rather than someone cheap, so in that case I might be inclined to stick with the really big names who have been around for years.

We did holiday lets in Europe for many years, very successfully, and all our bookings came direct, never via an agent. But I dont think I would be very happy with the idea of sending money directly to the owner of some Thai condo. Too many crooks here, and far too much shoddy rental property (and shoddy tenants for that matter).

Not easy.

I wasn't running that online agent down in particular; just saying that there are hundreds of them, and in my experience most are pretty similar, even to the extent of having the same places on their books.

I suppose that if I was booking something in advance from abroad then I would be more interested in dealing with someone reliable rather than someone cheap, so in that case I might be inclined to stick with the really big names who have been around for years.

We did holiday lets in Europe for many years, very successfully, and all our bookings came direct, never via an agent. But I dont think I would be very happy with the idea of sending money directly to the owner of some Thai condo. Too many crooks here, and far too much shoddy rental property (and shoddy tenants for that matter).

Not easy at all, just try to eliminate the bad ones from the better ones. I have contacted the ''large'' agents also but they want long term rentals not a short ones like 1 month :).

Not easy.

Not easy at all, just try to eliminate the bad ones from the better ones. I have contacted the ''large'' agents also but they want long term rentals not a short ones like 1 month :).

What budget...there are many agents that will do a months rental....as long as long as you are not expecting an 8,000 Baht condo over the peak holiday season???

Looks like just one more virtual Pattaya real estate agent with the usual hopelessly over-priced condos to me.

Can't imagine that it is any different to the 200+ other ones in town.

Yawn :closedeyes:

I agree. Pattaya estate agents' websites are indeed extremely boring and monotonous.

I have contacted the ''large'' agents also but they want long term rentals not a short ones like 1 month.

There's not much commission in one-off one-month rentals.

People like Dancewatchers might be worth contacting. Their places aren't exactly cheap but they do seem to be reliable and good quality.

As far as I know they are both letting/management agents and owners, and I suspect that they do more work for their cut than regular real estate agents do.

The places I know and have used in the last couple of years for a monthly rental are Nova Park on Soi AR and Diana Oasis on Soi Bukhao.

Both of these start at about 15 or 16K a month and you get a nice breakfast at Diana Oasis thrown in. Neither over-look the sea but are only about 10 mins walk to the beach.

I've also rented a place at VT6 which was lovely, right on the beach in Central Pattaya and around 20 - 22K (I think) for a 50m2 studio. This was from an advertiser on TV classified ad's and they were happy to take bookings for a month.

I can PM you the website and email contacts if you need them.

Simon