Returning To Cm

hmficc

2 other points: She may have to get it unlocked first. This is easily done at a number of the shops on the 3rd floor of Kad Suan Kaew. Also, if using the prepaid option make sure she turns off automatic data services like updates, pushing, etc. Otherwise her minutes will disappear very quickly.

Just get a prepaid SIM card - AIS, DTAC or True and she's good to go. No contract, just keep it topped up to keep it active.

Thanks for the reply. Iphone is Sim- less to my understanding.

Not correct. The Iphone 4 uses a micro sim which is the same a normal sim but trimmed down.

Just get a prepaid SIM card - AIS, DTAC or True and she's good to go. No contract, just keep it topped up to keep it active.

Not correct. The Iphone 4 uses a micro sim which is the same a normal sim but trimmed down.

You can trim a normal sim down to micro sim yourself.

Have a look here.

Not entirely correct either. The CDMA version of the iPhone does not utilize a SIM card of any variety and completely lacks the SIM card slot found on the GSM version.

Judging by previous posts, the OP is American. So the question would be, is the iPhone on the Verizon network (CDMA) or AT&T (GSM). If its the Verizon CDMA model, then I believe you are out of luck.

-Mestizo

Not entirely correct either. The CDMA version of the iPhone does not utilize a SIM card of any variety and completely lacks the SIM card slot found on the GSM version.

Judging by previous posts, the OP is American. So the question would be, is the iPhone on the Verizon network (CDMA) or AT&T (GSM). If its the Verizon CDMA model, then I believe you are out of luck.

-Mestizo

Yes, American. Yes, Verison. Yes, SOL. Yes?

Thanks for the help you all.

Good to know as I suspect many are not aware of that.

- No SIM-Card Slot: One other distinguishing physical difference between the GSM and CDMA iPhone 4 models is the lack of a SIM-card slot in the side of the Verizon version, as CDMA technology does not require the use of a removable SIM-card as with GSM technology. A parts leak last week claimed to be from either the CDMA iPhone 4 or the iPhone 5 accurately showed the locations of the new breaks in the frame of the CDMA version, but also included a SIM-card slot.

Source

"Yes, Verizon. Yes, SOL. Yes?"

Verizon iPhone4? Yes, SOL. Unless you want to make her a homecoming gift of the new 4S (rapidly becoming known as the "4Steve"), which has both CDMA and GSM. but will still keep you stuck to one of those carriers for the time being as there was no talk of selling it unlocked as they did at long last with the 4.