Collision - Backing Out

Johnniey

Seems like most in here dont know how hard a thai tries to screw you in accidents.. 1 or 2 exceptional tale of good heart thais doesn't make the rule.

I had a thai hit me with a pickup that had vanity plates and he had the nerve to try to make me believe it was his boss car and he couldnt afford to ever pay any damage for months.. yet he has 3 pickups and a full 3 storey building to himself. After hitting me i followed and he went to get some more booze. That was one of the fun ones and its pretty standard.

The outstanding issue is that an accident can cause injury and worse - Are people learning from their mistakes? If the path of least resistance is always taken and people are not taught to be responsible for their actions, the next accident may be more serious and hurt someone...

Yes and as I recall the OP is asking, indeed expecting the other driver to pay for his wife's car damage (their mutual mistake) because her insurance (and driving it seems) is substandard so how is one learning from one's mistakes by having another persons insurance pay for their careless driving? As that is the OP's topic :rolleyes::whistling:

Warpspeed - You've cherry picked a sentence from my post to support your point. There was also a subsequent sentence which placed the above quote in context.

I therefore suspect a lot of the post accident action is down to how the situation on the ground is dealt with, if someone accepts responsibility and behaves sensibly then there is always an easy option. If someone is being silly about it, they might face further issues....

OP.

1. Both of their faults. Ans :- That's that done then. :whistling:

2. will/should his 1st class insurance pay for my wife's damaged car?

Ans:- No because of No.1. :blink:

3. 2000 baht to that guy is probably a weeks wages - for me it's a night out.

Ans:- so no problem paying for your wife's car damage.:)

NEXT.

Edited by Kwasaki

The outstanding issue is that an accident can cause injury and worse - Are people learning from their mistakes? If the path of least resistance is always taken and people are not taught to be responsible for their actions, the next accident may be more serious and hurt someone...

Yes and as I recall the OP is asking, indeed expecting the other driver to pay for his wife's car damage (their mutual mistake) because her insurance (and driving it seems) is substandard so how is one learning from one's mistakes by having another persons insurance pay for their careless driving? As that is the OP's topic :rolleyes::whistling:

Warpspeed - You've cherry picked a sentence from my post to support your point. There was also a subsequent sentence which placed the above quote in context.

I therefore suspect a lot of the post accident action is down to how the situation on the ground is dealt with, if someone accepts responsibility and behaves sensibly then there is always an easy option. If someone is being silly about it, they might face further issues....

You're right in spite of the fact that it wasn't just a sentence but an entire paragraph and it's not cheery picking it's selective quoting the relevant part I wanted to respond to.. I had intended to take that quote too as I don't understand HOW someone is taking responsibility by expecting someone else to pay for their crap driving and moreover putting up a thread about it expecting others to sympathize..

having 1st class inusranec, you are not allowd to accept guilt for hitting another car. as both where to blame, why would the one with insurance want to tell his Insurance falsely he was at fault?

Because he's a charitable sort :blink: ?

having 1st class inusranec, you are not allowd to accept guilt for hitting another car. as both where to blame, why would the one with insurance want to tell his Insurance falsely he was at fault?

Yes, crazy stuff, and l assume that any no claim bonus is shot just cos the neighbour has sod all insurance. :bah:

Yes, crazy stuff, and l assume that any no claim bonus is shot just cos the neighbour has sod all insurance. :bah:

dont worry, I v had a few beers and 2 homecooked cheeseburgers now, so should be able to spell Insurance. how did I manage that, inusranec :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont worry, I v had a few beers and 2 homecooked cheeseburgers now, so should be able to spell Insurance. how did I manage that, inusranec :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you had good mustard on 'em. :lol:

2 cheese burgers? I hope those were White Castle size cause I can't touch 2 of my cheeseburgers without bursting a seam.

2 cheese burgers? I hope those were White Castle size cause I can't touch 2 of my cheeseburgers without bursting a seam.

Always forgiven, your not English, a few beers and cheese buggers,:) your a light weight sure starwander can confirm.:lol: :lol:

Maybe because that's what someone recommended after they'd "had a few beers"?

without Insurance I would offer the other guy 10k baht to tell his Insurance he was reversing while my car was not moving

he loses NCB anyway for covering his own car

Maybe because that's what someone recommended after they'd "had a few beers"?

without Insurance I would offer the other guy 10k baht to tell his Insurance he was reversing while my car was not moving

he loses NCB anyway for covering his own car

unfortunately your timing is wrong, I had not had any beer at time of posting any of these posts.

one states the driver with Insurance needs an incentive to cheat his Insurance, very common I may ad. The other one asks why would anyone do so without an incentive, as OP still finds it naturally for the Insured party to take the blame