I Think I Think I Saw An Israeli Restaurant Near Butter Is Better?

ARISTIDE

Just next to Butter is Better. Don't have time to stop at the intersection, is it a restaurant or something else. Saw some hebrew writing like a restaurant menu. Already tried Jerusalem Falafel and want to try some more Israeli food thanks.

It's very good. The owner is a Yemeni who made a pit stop in Israel before coming here. So it's Yemeni style. The pita bread is the best I've ever had. It doesn't have a pocket but it's really chewy with lots of flavor. I believe his wife makes those. She also makes the felafel and the pickled vegetables and the hummus..you get the picture. I am no authority on mideast food, but it tastes really genuine to me. All I've eaten there so far is the hummus and felafel plate. It costs 150 baht (or did ) but they give you enough food for 2.

Also the owner is a genuinely friendly guy.

They have other Yemeni dishes there I've been meaning to try, but the hummus plate is so good I keep on having that.

Direction wise a very uninformative post.

I tried a Butter is better in Chang Klan a couple of years ago, not too impressive, added salad to a breakfast, but think thats closed. I think there is one in NIM City Plaza , though that may have closed too, but not seen an Israeli restaurant there.

Iain

Some of the items are really good, try the chocolate chip cookies.

Direction wise a very uninformative post.

I tried a Butter is better in Chang Klan a couple of years ago, not too impressive, added salad to a breakfast, but think thats closed. I think there is one in NIM City Plaza , though that may have closed too, but not seen an Israeli restaurant there.

Iain

You must have left the west at least 30 years ago. Hummus, couscous, pita they all become popular in the west and even couscous is what gay people like to eat in the west.

IMO it is REALLY good and Mr Butter is Better goes there too. They use real olive oil in the hummus and the pita bread is excellent (but no pocket). :thumbsup:

What's a hummus? Sounds like a cancerous growth.

May be because couscous is exotic? That would be my reason (I'm not gay) In Chiang Mai if you play squash it probably means you are gay too because it's a gay sport now.

You must have left the west at least 30 years ago. Hummus, couscous, pita they all become popular in the west and even couscous is what gay people like to eat in the west.

For any particular reason? huh.gif

May be because couscous is exotic? That would be my reason (I'm not gay) In Chiang Mai if you play squash it probably means you are gay too because it's a gay sport now.

Well, can't argue with that deep philosophical analysis. unsure.gif

I like couscous. Should I have doubts about my sexuality. :o

Not unless you're licking it off your boyfriend's ... never mind.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but watch out for the harissa sauce, it's hot!

OK, to be honest, some foods are gayer than others ...

6. Many foods seem queer just by virtue of their names: Pineapple Betty, Green Goddess dressing, mock apple pie (made with Ritz crackers), and all puffs, tarts, crumpets, pavlovas, and charlottes. So are all flaming desserts, for obvious reasons: Cherries Jubilee, Bananas Foster, Crêpes Suzette. Madeleines are queer (thanks to the writings of Proust); so is Hasty Pudding (thanks to Harvard University's drag theatricals).
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/low_concept/2002/04/what_is_queer_food.2.html Edited by Jingthing