Suk Road

curlywatt

what the best soi to stay on suk to avoid the p4p scene and have access to great shopping, a friend is bringing his mother over to see his newly born son, he wants his mother to see as little prostituation as possibe but wants to be near the best shopping areas, any one recommend a soi or a hotel ? thanks

Really depends on your budget.

Staying at Holiday Inn for example (Rachaprasong) puts you within strolling distance of about 5 or 6 shopping malls, with the overhead train station not more than 100m walk from the hotel entrance.

(Not a gogo, beer bar, or KK joint as far as the eye can see......rolleyes.gif)

Here.

You might check out the Rex Hotel. It's an older hotel but still decent and probably in the B1500 a night range. They are on Sukhumvit Road near Soi 34? Google them for contact info. That's far enough out to be away from the Soi Nana, lower Sukhumvit cesspool area but close enough to walk to the Emporium Mall and you can catch the overhead train on Sukhumvit near the hotel to take you to the Siam Square area and its many upscale malls.

You might check out the Rex Hotel. It's an older hotel but still decent and probably in the B1500 a night range. They are on Sukhumvit Road near Soi 34? Google them for contact info. That's far enough out to be away from the Soi Nana, lower Sukhumvit cesspool area but close enough to walk to the Emporium Mall and you can catch the overhead train on Sukhumvit near the hotel to take you to the Siam Square area and its many upscale malls.

Riiiight Rex Hotel, no skin trade here.wink.gif

Years ago, back in the late sixties and seventies they were similar to the Nana & Grace but the past several years they have cleaned up their act. But I haven't been their recently so maybe they have slipped back to their ol;d ways!

Years ago, back in the late sixties and seventies they were similar to the Nana & Grace but the past several years they have cleaned up their act. But I haven't been their recently so maybe they have slipped back to their ol;d ways!

The Rex? Doesn't that still have a freelance coffee shop??

Back then wasn't it the American Military officer quarters. I seem to remember that it was.

Back then wasn't it the American Military officer quarters. I seem to remember that it was.

I don't think so. I believe the officers club/quarters was in the Chao Phiya (sic) Hotel.

I don't think so. I believe the officers club/quarters was in the Chao Phiya (sic) Hotel.

Does anyone know the hotels or area the enlisted men stayed in? I had a great time here on R&R in 68 but have no idea where. It would be interesting to see if the places still exist.

Advanced Member Joined: 2009-01-12.....seem to not that innocent to dont know abt the long suk rd., there's only some spot that many wh*** working around (NANA /Asoke /Pleonjit)for the rest are decent area surrounding by shopping mallwhat to do is just using some useful search engine and pay as much as you want to be broke !

Does anyone know the hotels or area the enlisted men stayed in? I had a great time here on R&R in 68 but have no idea where. It would be interesting to see if the places still exist.

One such place, I believe, is the still open and operating Crown Hotel between Suk Sois 6 and 8, just around the corner from the Nana BTS Station. When I stayed there just one time some years ago, they still had the mirrors aimed at the beds.

One such place, I believe, is the still open and operating Crown Hotel between Suk Sois 6 and 8, just around the corner from the Nana BTS Station. When I stayed there just one time some years ago, they still had the mirrors aimed at the beds.

Wrong Crown hotel. the old R&R one is still open . It is on Sukhumvit in the soi 27-29 area. some of the old R&R hotels still open is the Grace, first, Honey,Mami,Nana,Embassy, Federal, Florida, Manhattan, Prince and Rex hotels, and a coulple of others I can't remember. The enlisted quarters for thse assigned to BKK back then was the old windsor Hotel,Not the newer Windsor Suites, The Old windsor is now part of the newer hotel. North of Victory monument you had the Liberty and Capitol Hotel where some US Army and airforce stayed. I was ins bangkok 70-74 with ASA and then USASUPTHAI and doing 18 months in South Vietnam.

Edited by pmarlin