Fresh Tuna?

frankthetank123

I ordered tuna sushi the other day, they said it was fresh and it came out solid frozen, so i guess it's what your def. of fresh is, perhaps fresh(ly frozen)?? I'll keep my eye on this thread, I'd love to make a nice nicoise salad w/seared rare tuna, I'll just have to start a post on where to find nicoise olives!

I ordered tuna sushi the other day, they said it was fresh and it came out solid frozen, so i guess it's what your def. of fresh is, perhaps fresh(ly frozen)?? I'll keep my eye on this thread, I'd love to make a nice nicoise salad w/seared rare tuna, I'll just have to start a post on where to find nicoise olives!

Fancy sharing the recipe when you got the tuna?

"I ordered tuna sushi the other day, they said it was fresh and it came out solid frozen"

Isnt all seafood frozen first?

Yeah and if done correctly such as defrosted in fridge and not refrozen it can be fine but never like the crunch of sushi when served frozen

Pretty much all salmon and tuna used for sushi is flash frozen these days to kill any parasites. ;)

NO!!

"I ordered tuna sushi the other day, they said it was fresh and it came out solid frozen"

Isnt all seafood frozen first?

Don't have to wait, I sear fresh tuna so still raw in the middle and put it on top of a nice dressed salad greens, perhaps a light balsamic vinegrette, with ripe tomato wedges, boiled new potatoes, anchovie fillets, hard boiled eggs, capers and olives topped with fresh cracked black pepper and be sure to salt each of the components as needed (i like to toss my veg in the dress as well). Use your own preferences by adding what is available or to your liking, perhaps artichoke hearts or roasted red peppers. It actually is quite nice with canned tuna too, get it packed in spring water, rinse it well and dress in a nice olive oil based dressing with fresh herbs perhaps. Healthy and delicious, perfect for a hot summer (or any time of year in Thailand) lunch or light dinner.

I would point out that Chiang Mai is'nt by the sea...so apart from perhaps fresh water fish in the supermarkets ,most will be at least well chilled or frozen,although I was srprised to see tanks with red snapper? at TOPS by the Mercaire Hotel.

Don't have to wait, I sear fresh tuna so still raw in the middle and put it on top of a nice dressed salad greens, perhaps a light balsamic vinegrette, with ripe tomato wedges, boiled new potatoes, anchovie fillets, hard boiled eggs, capers and olives topped with fresh cracked black pepper and be sure to salt each of the components as needed (i like to toss my veg in the dress as well). Use your own preferences by adding what is available or to your liking, perhaps artichoke hearts or roasted red peppers. It actually is quite nice with canned tuna too, get it packed in spring water, rinse it well and dress in a nice olive oil based dressing with fresh herbs perhaps. Healthy and delicious, perfect for a hot summer (or any time of year in Thailand) lunch or light dinner.

New Potatoes ! Where in Chiang Mai? Never seen them in 4 years of living here.