Sunrise Tacos Coming To Jomtien!

Jingthing

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"About the tortilla question in the buffet days for tacos, I remain totally unconvinced that you are stuck with only flour ones"

Then why don't you use your well honed PM skills and ask the owner??? According to the waitress, the answer is no.

"The first set, soft tacos, does NOT specify type of tortilla"

We ordered from the first set and it came with soft flour -- rather than babbling incessantly here about your opinions-- once again, ASK THE OWNER!

Well, regulars are sure going to notice the plus plus, sooner or later!

About the tortilla question in the buffet days for tacos, I remain totally unconvinced that you are stuck with only flour ones.

I would like to ask the owner to post here and state what the actual long term policy will be about that, rather than what might be a current opening crisis type of issue with the production of tortillas.

Refer to this menu --

http://www.sunriseta...tuesdaymenu.pdf

As you can see there are three taco "flavor" choices. The last two types, al pastor and fish, SPECIFICALLY call out FLOUR tortillas. The first set, soft tacos, does NOT specify type of tortilla. Given on the REGULAR MENU, for those same kinds of soft tacos there are THREE choices for tortilla type (flour, corn, and crunchy corn) I think it is fair to ASSUME the intention of the buffet is to offer those same choices for the SOFT TACOS set, first choice on the menu.

As far as the comped sour cream and guacamole mentioned here by a customer, that's a great perk for him but I would not expect that to be a regular free feature of the buffet in the long term, as it's not on the menu that way and avocados are very expensive. The "free" salsa bar though is always part of the deal of eating there.

JT instead asking the owner to post here again why don't you just go in and manage his restaurant instead - you have been trying to do it online anyways. You stated you have eaten there and had some exposure to the operation even if you did it in an undercover capacity. You are too funny B) . I still find it odd you refuse to critique this restaurant for your stated reasons yet have no problem crucifying others quite openly affecting their revenue.

"About the tortilla question in the buffet days for tacos, I remain totally unconvinced that you are stuck with only flour ones"

Then why don't you use your well honed PM skills and ask the owner??? According to the waitress, the answer is no.

"The first set, soft tacos, does NOT specify type of tortilla"

We ordered from the first set and it came with soft flour -- rather than babbling incessantly here about your opinions-- once again, ASK THE OWNER!

I just did on the post. Here on a public forum which he obviously is reading; that way everyone maybe can get the answer from the Padre's mouth, as it were. Don't lecture to me about how I choose to communicate with people as that is not your concern.

Just because you got flour tortillas with the first soft taco (which we agree does NOT specify tortilla type) set proves nada for so many reasons. You didn't ask for different, the waitress was too inexperienced to ask you or didn't care, and/or for some reason right now they may have a production problem with the corn tortillas (the owner himself posted about a BROKEN machine). Now, we really don't know, do we?

As far as opinions, please get a clue. This is an internet forum which consists almost entirely of different people's opinions.

Edited by Jingthing

JT instead asking the owner to post here again why don't you just go in and manage his restaurant instead - you have been trying to do it online anyways.

How about we make a deal, OK? I won't tell you how to post here and you won't tell me? Settled? Good. Trying to manage his restaurant? That's rich. No, snookums, my role is an engaged and supportive customer and communicating about that via this forum works for me, if it doesn't work for you, there is the ignore feature. As this new restaurant obviously interests me quite a lot (if that is so wrong, I don't wanna be right), I do like to read and comment about other people's experiences with the place, because any one person's experience is obviously quite limited.

Edited by Jingthing

"You didn't ask for different, the waitress was too inexperienced to ask you or didn't care, and/or for some reason right now they may have a production problem"

You forgot to add that it was a certain number of days away from a full moon and that was probably the real reason . . . :wacko:

"You didn't ask for different, the waitress was too inexperienced to ask you or didn't care, and/or for some reason right now they may have a production problem"

You forgot to add that it was a certain number of days away from a full moon and that was probably the real reason . . . :wacko:

Could be global taco warming?

Although Jingthing may have some rather sick and perverted political beliefs, he is pure as the driven snow when it comes to anything to do with preparing or eating food. Please stop the attacks and let him do his thing as IMO he is well worth listening to when it comes to the Pattaya food scene. :wai:

Not sure if we want or need to go down this road, but I would say that the "crispy taco shell" could be considered a Tex-Mex variation, but a bad one.

Bingo. Bad, schmad, they've got at least some dishes that are Tex-Mex influenced.

As an European, i have certainly learnt more about Mexican food by reading this thread that i knew before,

especially the fact that their are also variations of Mexican food such as Tex Mex & Cal Mex.

Does this mean that we would now also have Thai Mex ? jap.gif

Also, for those that have been to the All you can eat Tues & Fridays menu.

is there a limit on the amount you can have to eat or can you just keep on ordering until your satisfied?

I was hoping to go and try a variety of that menu and see what it's all about as it's all new to me.

Not sure if we want or need to go down this road, but I would say that the "crispy taco shell" could be considered a Tex-Mex variation, but a bad one.

Bingo. Bad, schmad, they've got at least some dishes that are Tex-Mex influenced.

As an European, i have certainly learnt more about Mexican food by reading this thread that i knew before,

especially the fact that their are also variations of Mexican food such as Tex Mex & Cal Mex.

Does this mean that we would now also have Thai Mex ? jap.gif

Also, for those that have been to the All you can eat Tues & Fridays menu.

is there a limit on the amount you can have to eat or can you just keep on ordering until your satisfied?

I was hoping to go and try a variety of that menu and see what it's all about as it's all new to me.

There are fusion dishes in the US such as Thai chicken burritos by which they usually just mean grilled chicken with some peanut butter sauce, ha ha. It's funny you don't see them in Thailand! New Mexico the USA state also has a very distinctive style of Mexican food (much harder to find outside the region but very good stuff) and then of course there are many regional variations in Mexico itself such as Oaxaca style, Yucatan style (Caribbean influence), etc. I think there is also now a dominant USA nationwide Mexican style that is dominated more by Cali-Mex than Tex-Mex. Happily if you go to other regions such as Chicago, there is no Illinois Mex, just local versions of the different kinds of Mex found elsewhere.

I can tell you that you MAY keep ordering tacos from the list of types you can order on taco days and eat all you like, you glutton!

Edited by Jingthing

Gil...

In your words..."good staff is hard to find!".

Drop the 10% Farang Pay My Staff Fee and TEACH your staff to work for tips!

They will earn more...We will be happy to tip...and YOU will stay in business!

We should not pay a service fee for POOR service.

Tequila Reef is an example. Their girls always get 20 % from me because they earn it! I own a 5 star restaurant in Beverly Hills and know the way to motivate staff.

Make your staff earn it too!!!!

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Great!

I want to try a bit of everything and discover what i like, then i can expand my horizons.

As they say JT, variety is the spice of life.

JT is one of the few posters on here who know what they are talking about regards Mexican food. There have been lots of threads over the years and I've worked out what these guys mean by visiting the recommended restaurants in Bangkok.

As a Brit well its a steep learning curve as all we have back home are colourful Mexican versions of McDonalds mostly. The variations are interesting and I look forward to visiting this place next month.

In the meantime how's about a few pics gents? biggrin.gif

Had lunch there today with a friend. Very slow service. Food was fine, but his lunch took over a half hour to come. He was completely finished before mine came out. The place was not crowded. I saw some friends there at another table and they said their food took 45 minutes.

The wait staff looked quite clueless, running around asking each other questions about every other thing. It sure looked like they had never been trained and they seemed quite perplexed with the computers. My friend's bill was wrong, but they promptly corrected it.

They have been opened about a week now and it seems to me they should be doing better than this. We were all greatly looking forward to their opening and I sincerely hope they do better.

So is the delivery service online yet? If so, what's the phone number, service area, and charge for delivery, if any? Is delivered food charged plus plus or just plus? With delivery at least you can wait for the food in comfort. I agree 30 - 45 minutes is too long to wait for Mexican food service at the table.

BTW, a few days ago the owner mentioned some technical problems in the kitchen design that they were working on fixing that was making it very hard for them to keep the food warm. Thus, some people here have mentioned getting served cold food. Can people commenting on their experiences from now mention if they think that is fixed yet, or not?

Edited by Jingthing

So is the delivery service online yet? If so, what's the phone number, service area, and charge for delivery, if any? Is delivered food charged plus plus or just plus? With delivery at least you can wait for the food in comfort. I agree 30 - 45 minutes is too long to wait for Mexican food service at the table.

BTW, a few days ago the owner mentioned some technical problems in the kitchen design that they were working on fixing that was making it very hard for them to keep the food warm. Thus, some people here have mentioned getting served cold food. Can people commenting on their experiences from now mention if they think that is fixed yet, or not?

and definately unacceptable to add 10% to the bill for service of that standard

was there 3 days ago. wanted to try burrito. the prices in the pdf menu(couple pages ago in this thread) and real prices are differ. the real ones - higher.

I odered 220B burrito and guacomole(+85B)....waited 30 minutes. OK. Burrito was big and good.i could use salsa bar too. The shock was the bill: 370B :o

10% fee and 7% VAT - just :annoyed:

I m not gonna return. I just hate to pay for smth just because i had to, not because i want to.

Had lunch there today with a friend. Very slow service. Food was fine, but his lunch took over a half hour to come. He was completely finished before mine came out. The place was not crowded. I saw some friends there at another table and they said their food took 45 minutes.

The wait staff looked quite clueless, running around asking each other questions about every other thing. It sure looked like they had never been trained and they seemed quite perplexed with the computers. My friend's bill was wrong, but they promptly corrected it.

They have been opened about a week now and it seems to me they should be doing better than this. We were all greatly looking forward to their opening and I sincerely hope they do better.

Agreed. The service is sub-standard. The staff is smiling and friendly but spend valuable time trying to figure out the computer system. One waitress was writing the order on her palm with a pen and then transferring the order to the computer with the assistance of 3 other staff. The layout of this restaurant is awkward and does not encourage efficient service. The food was good but not special and the portions were small considering the price.

So is the delivery service online yet? If so, what's the phone number, service area, and charge for delivery, if any? Is delivered food charged plus plus or just plus? With delivery at least you can wait for the food in comfort.

I'm surprised Mr All Knowing, All Seeing has not determined that for himself yet

was there 3 days ago. wanted to try burrito. the prices in the pdf menu(couple pages ago in this thread) and real prices are differ. the real ones - higher.

I odered 220B burrito and guacomole(+85B)....waited 30 minutes. OK. Burrito was big and good.i could use salsa bar too. The shock was the bill: 370B :o

I m not gonna return. I just hate to pay for smth just because i had to, not because i want to.

Is this our first Russian Thai Visa member, post Pattaya invasion?

So is the delivery service online yet? If so, what's the phone number, service area, and charge for delivery, if any? Is delivered food charged plus plus or just plus? With delivery at least you can wait for the food in comfort.

I'm surprised Mr All Knowing, All Seeing has not determined that for himself yet

You're easily surprised. I'm easily amused. Are you my long lost soul mate? :coffee1::wub::coffee1:

It looks like it. If so, will be interesting to get one of their viewpoints on our fair city.

Edited by FarangBuddha

It looks like it. If so, will be interesting to get one of their viewpoints on our fair city.

That's ridiculous. It's absurd to think one person is representative of a huge country.

That's ridiculous. It's absurd to think one person is representative of a huge country.

In your eagerness to spar, you didn't even comprehend my post. I specifically said his posts would provide "one of their viewpoints" of Pattaya (so it follows that it would not be representative of the whole).

I too was there yesterday lunch time, 5 adults and 2 children and agree with the above post.