How To Marrie

jonik

I gonna marrie some chick up in buriram next year and need somewhere to host the gig. What is the normal practise for this ........

And how much will it lower my account

:D  :D  :o

Having been down this road myself :D I can tell you this. Normally the "gig" takes place in the home of the parents. However, if the parents are well off they may want to hold it in one of the many halls/buildings/schools that are available for rent for this very purpose.

As far as your bank account is concerned, it will depend on the following. How many guests, what level of catering, how much grog, monks in attendance, suit hire, buying flowers, honeymoon, and the old chestnut, The Dowry :D

For mine in Buriram earlier this year, total outlay for 140 guests eating and drinking our way through the day, was 21,000 Bht. The good thing was the money that came back from all the invited guests...39,000Bht :D:D The Dowry in my case was 80,000Bht, returned to me before I staggered off home :D And because I am not a cheap charlie, I gave it all back in a moment of weakness 2 days later :burp:

Good luck with it all Jonik, and if you are thinking of settling here, I am sure you will enjoy it :D

Thanks for the respons daddy.

It sounded pretty cheap 21kbt for 140 consumers but

the Dowry is.....................what

The #gig# is more like a drop-in thing cause my gf has got this thing on her mind about making big money in my homeland. Then ofcourse i get to see who,s using all the cash i,m sending.

but back to the party it,s not like i have to stuff my suit with cash before i,m doing this....or is it

I was thinking of letting the hole gig up to the gf,cause it,s more of a girls thing. So i could do what i do best :o

Thanks for the respons daddy.

It sounded pretty cheap 21kbt for 140 consumers but

the Dowry is.....................what

The #gig# is more like a drop-in thing cause my gf has got this thing on her mind about making big money in my homeland. Then ofcourse i get to see who,s using all the cash i,m sending.

but back to the party it,s not like i have to stuff my suit with cash before i,m doing this....or is it

I was thinking of letting the hole gig up to the gf,cause it,s more of a girls thing. So i could do what i do best  :o

Jonik, I wont go into the Dowry thing here, but suggest you read up on it. Type "DOWRY" in the TV SEARCH Facility and enjoy a couple of hours of reading :D

Basically, there is nothing you have to do in regards to setting up for the big day. (except putting your hand in your pocket on a regular basis) There will be enough help from the family and friends to ensure it all goes off smoothly :D Go with the flow and enjoy the day. And one last bit of advice, Pace yourself as far as the drinking goes. I made the mistake of thinking the party was just about over, so downed a couple of big bottles, only to find out we were moving on to another house for more food and drinks :D This actually happened twice, and when we did end up at home, half the guests turned up there as well :D I am not quite sure what I got up to towards the end of the night, but it must of been hilarious to the guests, as it seemed to be a bit of a talking point around town for the next week or so :D:D:D

Jonik, a lot depends on the type of girl you are marrying and her background/family.

For example, 1 million baht if she comes from a fairly well to do family, professional parents.

1-200,000 for an average girl.

50,000 for a country girl, who is not divorced or a " bar-working girl".

But even some of them want this much money.

No dowry for some worn out scrubber who is over 35, divorced, kids and a waitress in a Pattaya bar.

Na i think i,ll just do like #daddy# says and go with the flow , the girl i,m marrying comes from a pretty poor family so i think they,re just happy for her and don,t care to much about the money. Ohh and she is something #SPECIAL# ofcoures to me so it,s all the same 50 bth or 1 mill ............same same. Don,t care to much about the cashflow it,s always in the wrong direction anyway. :o

1 million or more baht if she's a prostitute. They are the only ones that can con a guy into paying so much. On the basis that if they didn't get it they would stay working and get a good wage doing it. A normal girl would never earn enough to demand 1 million baht, and they usually wouldn't have to give uptheir job too.

Surin isn't far from buriram.

Wedding cost for me:

Marriage - Bht 50.00

Replacement I.D. - Bht 20.00

Reception - Bht 500.00 behind Frank's bar for the lads

Dowry - What's a dowry?

Total outlay - Bht 570.00 (and I drunk some of the beer)

good on ya,bro,,,,,,,,anything else is there buffaloing,always to be expected,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just say "I have no $$$$" :o