Phoenix Golf Course

Hunter88

What is with all the changes at Phoenix Golf course? The place has been trashed with new signs everywhere. Not one is needed. The drinking water has been removed from the locker room. If you bring something to eat during your round, you will be fined Baht 500. Really, as sign says that. Amazing Thailand.

If you bring something to eat you will get fined 500 baht...? That's even more bizarre than closing the course because they want to go home early despite they have golfers on the course...

I would get fined 500 each time since I always bring my own snack to eat more or less throughout the entire round. Really bizarre, this.

Their is but one course of action do not play their!!! the trouble is these courses are now catering for the Koreans, Japanese, Russians etc who have very deep pockets and do not seem to care about signs etc we are being pushed out of the leisure market because we are people who will not stand for daft rules and being ripped off!! in my case living on Phuket I will not pay the ridiculous green fee's here, fortunately I do play at the one course that treats me with respect and even gives me a special discount, this seems to be the one course that does not have any major problems regarding slow play etc, every one is great at my local course!!

Their is but one course of action do not play their!!! the trouble is these courses are now catering for the Koreans, Japanese, Russians etc who have very deep pockets and do not seem to care about signs etc we are being pushed out of the leisure market because we are people who will not stand for daft rules and being ripped off!! in my case living on Phuket I will not pay the ridiculous green fee's here, fortunately I do play at the one course that treats me with respect and even gives me a special discount, this seems to be the one course that does not have any major problems regarding slow play etc, every one is great at my local course!!

If there are new types coming to play and new rules have been applied, it is most likely that the rules are directed at them; maybe they bring their own vodka to the restaurant, or sit in the sumes during a round and eat their own ethnic snacks with their own vodka.

How will they know? The caddy isn't going to jeopardize her tip and even if someone else tells, what will they do if you refuse to pay? being banned form a course like that is no loss.

Yes she will.... The caddies are side lined for 3 months if they are observed to have seen but not report someone breaking the rules. They are more scared of loosing 3 months work than a tip.

I know this for a fact from Pheonix - after booking for 5 on a weekend, turning up to play, paying, and about to tee off when the caddy notices were were in a 5 ball.... and told the starter.. When asking her why she told him, she said she'd loose 3 months work if she didn't tell him.

When discussing with the starter we were told we all have to have carts at B750 each if we wanted to play in a 5 ball (the course was empty). I asked what if 2 of us get carts... No !... I asked, what if we were in a 4 ball, could 2 of us get carts, yes... The 5 ball was the issue... I offered to separate into a 2 and a 3 ball if someone else came on the course behind us, No.... We had to separate into a 2 and a 3 ball or get 5 carts from the start... Walking off wasn't an option, we'd already paid and just by their attitude knew we wouldn't get a refund. There was no one behind us on the course all day.

Yes, those are the rules, but we were not informed of such, when booking or paying our green fees (under 1 tee off time) I'll never play there again... They could have chosen to be flexible on a quiet day.

The funny thing is... We only chose Pheonix in the first place because a number of other courses in the area were full... I hope its a result of people voting with their feet.

Learning of these additional rules in this thread confirms my stance never to play there again.

Edited by richard_smith237

How will they know? The caddy isn't going to jeopardize her tip and even if someone else tells, what will they do if you refuse to pay? being banned form a course like that is no loss.

Yes she will.... The caddies are side lined for 3 months if they are observed to have seen but not report someone breaking the rules. They are more scared of loosing 3 months work than a tip.

I know this for a fact from Pheonix - after booking for 5 on a weekend, turning up to play, paying, and about to tee off when the caddy notices were were in a 5 ball.... and told the starter..

Sorry, I forgot that aspect; there used to be a sign at the Army course saying; if the golfer does wrong it is the caddies fault, the golfer is ok but the caddy loses her future.

Golf is all about rules; play the ball as you find it being the only real one, a course with rules like this I would declare 'unplayable'.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...