My Introduction

jonesy2648

"And i think its extra hard if your ending up in some village where you don't have access to western things and your the only foreigners. You will be isolated.

I find it not fair on the husband that many of those wifes who are not happy in the west expect the guy to be happy in a small village and much more isolated then they ever were."

Welcome to the forum and i wish you all the best.....being a positive person is a great start and you will need it in small village life,the above comment is bang on the nail as regards to isolation which some times can lead to real depression(it happened to me before)in a village......i am not being a killjoy but the fact is a lot of Thai lady's(not necessarily yours by the way)like to have the farang in isolation because it gives them the control over most of the day to day decisions and they become the stronger person when having family and there own language to converse in and can be very hard on the husband to live day in day out with the net closing in.

Be strong with your decisions from the start and maintain a degree of control yourself always and you will be better for that,especially with your expenses and farang ways.

Again Jonesy only information that i have actually gone through that may help you in the future,best wishes and enjoy! jap.gif

ps the rosey coloured spectacles you will wear when first living in Thailand will come off pretty quickly....:D

I don't think so. I think mine were surgically implanted. After 15 years I STILL see that rosey tint. But then I don't spend what I can't afford to lose. A police bribe for a motor vehicle offense in Thailand is cheaper by far than a parking ticket in Canada.

As always Ian your comments are spot on

Considering that I am the most intelligent Thai visa member (I have references from the Mods), my advice is, don`t jump the gun.

Believe me there is a world of difference between visiting or holidaying in Thailand then living here permanently.

You may also find that as for making friends, the pockets of ex-pats spread over the country are not that friendly or welcoming.

Before you pack up completely in the land where they breed sheep with kangaroos for the production of woolly jumpers, try Thailand out first, for perhaps a year to see how you get on and to decide if Thailand is for you.

Thailand. It can take a considerable time to decide whether you love it or hate it.

Hey I am the smartest, I was a rocket scientist till I got a teaching job here.

Considering that I am the most intelligent Thai visa member (I have references from the Mods), my advice is, don`t jump the gun.

Believe me there is a world of difference between visiting or holidaying in Thailand then living here permanently.

You may also find that as for making friends, the pockets of ex-pats spread over the country are not that friendly or welcoming.

Before you pack up completely in the land where they breed sheep with kangaroos for the production of woolly jumpers, try Thailand out first, for perhaps a year to see how you get on and to decide if Thailand is for you.

Thailand. It can take a considerable time to decide whether you love it or hate it.

X2

I couldn't agree more.

X3

Real life in LOS is not for everyone.

Don't burn your bridges until you have tried it for at least 5 years.

Even then, think again.

To late dream house already built?

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1