1,000 Boats To Push Flood Waters From Chao Phraya River

george

The ultimate bare-bones water accelerator. A small engine and propeller shaft, probably used on a small long tail boat, but pressed into service to push water in a small canal. Make do with what have.

This approach certainly minimizes the discussion of a boat hull's interference with the process, but I'm sure someone will point out the shaft's water resistance and the possibility that its spinning action in the water will cause ... who-knows-what.

You sharp-eyed readers will spot that they didn't quite keep the engine itself from interfering with the water flow. It looks like they could have, if they had mounted it on the top side of the transverse, rather than suspending it from the transverse. Perhaps they intended to minimize the prop shaft angle relative to the water.

Should we call in the Ministry of S & T folks to do some in-depth research?

post-120659-0-28904900-1321509100_thumb.

post-120659-0-26846800-1321509135_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no. It is not a flat body. Flat water body hasn't move. It moves because the is a small pressure gradient between upstream and the downstream. You can take any elevation of the flooded area. You will definitely find it is higher that the sea level. Otherwise the water tastes salty.

Personally I want to thank ResX for his input. If one takes a proper overall multi-threaded perspective one can judge for oneself. ResX, I think I understand. Thanks for your astute input!

Your welcome mate.

Thank me very much, Thank me very much.

• 2 months later...