Where To Find Thai Workers?

stevehaigh

i'm looking for some building workers, preferable thai since burmese are a major problem with the police

any ideas where to look? we've tried asking in workers camps and all the family and friends connections but no lucj\k finding workers

any ideas?

I can talk to the guy working at my place. Should be finished here in a couple of weeks.

My builder is crap, but the guy he sub-contracted to does it all.

thanks, please PM me when ready. i have a builder but his guys cannot do detail finishing work, i need some people that can do exactly what i tell them to do until its perfect. my builder just wants to slap something together quick and get paid.

I can talk to the guy working at my place. Should be finished here in a couple of weeks.

My builder is crap, but the guy he sub-contracted to does it all.

thanks, please PM me when ready. i have a builder but his guys cannot do detail finishing work, i need some people that can do exactly what i tell them to do until its perfect. my builder just wants to slap something together quick and get paid.

I spoke to him, he wanted to know what area the job was in.

All this rain has been slowing everything down.

If you want Thai and a good job forget Phuket, it will be cheap as possible with the most spent by you.

If you need Thai who are good source them from the north and sort out accomadation etc.

Otherwise Myanmmar.

I have yet to meet a Thai construction worker who was born & raised in Phuket. Workers are very hard to find right now, I have been looking for a long time & for skilled workers we already pay above the promised minimum wage & have been all year. One time we had some Thai workers who said they could do everything & wanted 400/day which we agreed to. Turned out they could do everything but standards were poor, drinking on the job, ya bah, were part of the package. One guy did turn out good quality work, did not drink or do drugs but he was slow & family ties pulled him away to go work for less wages. Despite his slowness I would have been happy to keep him. Part of the problem could be to do with the floods & the upcoming rice harvest as many will have gone home to help on the farm.

I spoke to him, he wanted to know what area the job was in.

All this rain has been slowing everything down.

Rawai, near Chalong circle

i know perfect is pretty much unattainable here buy i still try. i had one guy before in Ko Phangan who i trained to do woodwork and we got finish work quality to a about 95% i'd say. but he's back up north on the farm now and not interested in more jobs.

i find if i watch and check everything, 8 hours a day and catch the problems before they become big problems, we get good results. but its a lot of work just keeping up and explaining how to do it right.

... but he's back up north on the farm now and not interested in more jobs

Any ideas why that is? It could be important for you to understand why he doesn't want further jobs

Simon

family is up there and way too expensive to move them all down here

plus the reality is, Essan people like to live in Essan. they only move here for the money and when they have it they go home to build a life