Should I Go Or Not?

hands22

Hi, please kindly advise whether it is safe to travel to Hua Hin from Bangkok during this week?

I will be flying in from Singapore to Bangkok on 13 Oct, Thurs, and will be travelling by car to Hua Hin where I already booked a hotel. Will the road be safe from the rain?

Also, I will be returning from Hua Hin on 17 Oct.... will there be a problem with the flood too? Or should I just stay in Bangkok and forget about venturing out (I know Pattaya is not safe this week).

Some advise needed as I am not sure about the road condition in Hua Hin right now?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hands22

we traveled to, and from, bangkok to hua hin on Saturday just gone and it was fine....... there was actually a load of rain on friday night / Saturday morning, but still the roads were clear of water and the drivers enjoyed maintaining their breakneck speeds.... i still managed to sleep somehow tho - i must becoming acclimatised

the last few days in hua hin have been sunny

No flooding - I am here now. However, last night I was in a Suky pub in Hua Hin for a karaoke birthday party when I heard 3 gun shots outside. Everyone rushed to the door to look outside and then came running back again in a panic, telling everyone to go out the back. We all went out the back and closed the door and waited for a couple of minutes. A man was standing on the street outside with a big gun. The police took 5 minutes to arrive - although it is 2 minutes walking distance from the police station...

I heard later that the man with the gun was a high-ranking local police officer who was annoyed at the noise... Anyone with good contacts in the police might like to pass that on - he was recognised by plenty of locals