Foreign Company Wishing To Work In Thailand

I am considering introducing a Chinese contractor to my Thai client for some short-term projects here. They are asking if they are legally required to retain a Thai partner and/or open a representative office prior to being able to tender for any of my clients work. Anyone have advice on that one?

Thanks,

NL

If he is just here to do business and doesn't do actual work in Thailand I believe no work permit is required. He would be a business traveler and here on a (multiple) non-B visa, he would not get extensions of stay from immigration. For that he would need an office in Thailand and a work permit.

They would not have to open an rep office/Thai partner to tender on a job in Thailand, but awarded the job and the Chinese company placed personnel in Thailand then WP would be required.

As Mario has said while negotiations/tender etc on-going Non-imm B will suffice

OK, thanks for that. They are aware of the WP situation and there will be supporting/sponsoring paperwork for temporary WP's the same as I usually get for my short jobs here. There will probably be about 10 or 12 Chinese supervising and managing a locally hired labour team. There was a concern that they would need a full local representative or agent similar to Indonesia and Malaysia. If they manage to procure more clients, then it's up to them if they want to go further with having a registered presence in the country.