We Are Not Allowed To Link To Other Web Pages?

dagling

Just want to make something very clear, we are not allowed to link to other web pages here at TV forum. <deleted>??? :angry:

Is this for real? All other forum I have visit don`t have this policy.

What`s your opinion on this matter?

You can link to pages, it is only certain pages that you cannot link to.

31) Members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Bangkokpost.com or Phuketwan inside topics on Thaivisa.com. Posts from members containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Members posting links referring back to the sites is also not allowed and will be deleted.

Also best you read the rules especially

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

Edited by beano2274

31) Members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Bangkokpost.com or Phuketwan inside topics on Thaivisa.com. Posts from members containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Members posting links referring back to the sites is also not allowed and will be deleted.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

I got one PM from one of TV mods, after I linked to a motorcycle web here in Thailand, run by some foreigners at the TV Motorcycle forum:

"Dear Dagling,

We do not allow links to websites, only forum advertisers are allowed to post links to websites.

Regards

XXXXXX "

So what do we think about this then?

I got one PM from one of TV mods, after I linked to a motorcycle web here in Thailand, run by some foreigners at the TV Motorcycle forum:

"Dear Dagling,

We do not allow links to websites, only forum advertisers are allowed to post links to websites.

Regards

XXXXXX "

So what do we think about this then?

I see it two ways, one that advertisers should get some pref treatment, and two it's a privately owned site who sets the rules as they like.

(in reality, it does help to keep down everyone plugging their own business interests). Surely you can name the site (sans the link) and people can google from there.

Edited by bkkjames

This is my interpretation of the rules specifically Rule 10:-

You may link to other websites with the following exceptions:-

• Other forums.
  • Commercial websites with which you have (or could be reasonably interpreted as having) an affiliation (considered spamming).
  • Websites that are specifically prohibited by Thaivisa rules (Bangkok Post etc.)

There rules are open to interpretation and relaxation under special circumstances, normally a Mod will post why a relaxation has been permitted.

Perhaps our OP would like to name the site to which he linked (don't link to it just name it) so we can see where the issue lies.