Job Change

Hi all,

I am leaving my current employer who provided me with a work permit and a connecting non-img visa. I obviously have to give back my work permit in this case. But what will happen to my visa. Is that still valid until the end date or will I lose that as well?

Thanks for your help and advise in this matter.

Depends if you are on an extension of stay based on employment or not.

I came here on a non-immigrant B. one with which I had to leave the country every 90 days. Just before that ran out I got my work permit and a 1 year visa for which I have to go to immigration every 90 days. The visa itself is valid until some time next year.

I came here on a non-immigrant B. one with which I had to leave the country every 90 days. Just before that ran out I got my work permit and a 1 year visa for which I have to go to immigration every 90 days. The visa itself is valid until some time next year.

Your permission to stay will expire the day your employment ends, you can apply for a 7 day extension(1900 Baht) or leave the country and start the process over again if I undersand correctly.

Edited by beechguy

Your permission to stay will expire the day your employment ends, you can apply for a 7 day extension(1900 Baht) or leave the country and start the process over again if I undersand correctly.

That is very bad news for me. Glad I looked into this so I can prepare a solution before the shit hits the fan.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

That is very bad news for me. Glad I looked into this so I can prepare a solution before the shit hits the fan.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

IF, just if your current employer is on speaking terms with, ask him to give you a notice a bit later.

IF, just if you are able to find a job before the last day of employment, take care that an application for a new WP is done. This may give you an extension of 3 months at immigration waiting for a WP.

IF, just if your current employer is on speaking terms with, ask him to give you a notice a bit later.

IF, just if you are able to find a job before the last day of employment, take care that an application for a new WP is done. This may give you an extension of 3 months at immigration waiting for a WP.

There is no provision for such extension in police order 777/2551.

You will have to go to a consulate to get a new single entry non-B visa after applying for WP and received the WP3 form.