Free Flood Parking

CWMcMurray

According to this post in the Webfact live daily news thread....

Parking spaces will be provided at Esplanade Mall (500), Fortune Mall (400), the Don Mueang Airport (3,000), Central Lat Phrao (3,000), BTS Mor Chit parking lot (2,000), Government Savings Bank headquarters (500), Kasetsart University (500), Maha Nakhon University (2,000), The Mall Bang Kapi (3,000), Paradise Park (600), Sports Authority of Thailand (1,500), Central Rama III (900), Big C Ekamai (1,000), Central World (3,000), Siam Paragon (3,000), Chulalongkorn University (1,000), Central Pinklao (2,000), Islam Wittaya School (300), Asia University (500), Kanchanapisek Ring Road (10,000) among others.

Don't know what is filled up yet though. Would be useful info for sure!

also , if there are any cheap condos near you, or your friend has a condo with raised parking, might be an idea to ask them ? , my old condo's parking space was on the fourth floor, also , you might be able to park at an office block?

Thailand has the worlds longest elevated motorway, 54 KM and that's the Bang Na expressway, should be room for everyone if it could be organised right and made safe of course.

27'000 Cars parked on one side leaving 3 lanes open, and another 27'000 parked the other side leaving 3 lanes open.

They'd need about 2000 annoying security guards with Whistles to help you park and job's done!

Edited by Satcommlee

Thailand has the worlds longest elevated motorway, 54 KM and that's the Bang Na expressway, should be room for everyone if it could be organised right and made safe of course.

27'000 Cars parked on one side leaving 3 lanes open, and another 27'000 parked the other side leaving 3 lanes open.

They'd need about 2000 annoying security guards with Whistles to help you park and job's done!

thats a very very good point !, they could even build camps if really needed on the express ways..

According to this post in the Webfact live daily news thread....

Parking spaces will be provided at Esplanade Mall (500), Fortune Mall (400), the Don Mueang Airport (3,000), Central Lat Phrao (3,000), BTS Mor Chit parking lot (2,000), Government Savings Bank headquarters (500), Kasetsart University (500), Maha Nakhon University (2,000), The Mall Bang Kapi (3,000), Paradise Park (600), Sports Authority of Thailand (1,500), Central Rama III (900), Big C Ekamai (1,000), Central World (3,000), Siam Paragon (3,000), Chulalongkorn University (1,000), Central Pinklao (2,000), Islam Wittaya School (300), Asia University (500), Kanchanapisek Ring Road (10,000) among others.

Don't know what is filled up yet though. Would be useful info for sure!

Called all of these that are anywhere near my area and so far all full...

This was just posted in the daily news thread:

The Expressway Authority of Thailand has provided 9 parking areas UNDERNEATH of the express way without obstructing the traffic by the total amount of 2,900 cars to help relieve affliction from flood.

They are:

1.) Under the Ngamwongwarn Expressway 200

2.) Under the Ratchadapisek Expressway 100

3.) Sport yard behind King Mongkut Hospital 200

4.) Parking lot under Asoka Expressway 1,000

5.) Highway Vatcharaphol, Northern Ramindra road 200

6.) Under Ramindra Expressway from Ramindra u-turn point to canal line 1,000

7.) Under Rama 9 Expressway 1,500

8.) Under Sathu- Pradit Expressway 100

9.) Under The Rama9 bridge, Thonburi.

Am I missing something?? UNDERNEATH the expressways would be at ground level, right??

Whilst every bit helps in the times of an emergency, I think this idea ranks up there with the boats pushing the water downstream.

Yeah, it does not seem to make a whole lot of sense to park my car underneath the express way at ground level.... otherwise I could just leave them parked in the drive way at the house...

At any rate... if the latest news is to be believed, it looks like the worst of it may be over, so may just go ahead and park at the house.