Bad English

jonik

Sometimes i snap out of it and start talking thai english to uk,ers and other folks.How come this....i belive i do speak pretty good english, but after 2 or 3 weeks in los i,m all on the wagon again and it,s stuck. I do some calling to us and uk at work and sometimes i,m staring all that #me not know #parts soon come# ...........  :o

Did It in Germany when I lived there and I do it here too. People do understand you better.

redrus

then we'll nick down to the rubbidy dub for a few pigs ears  :D

Last time I was there I got thrown out for dropping a big apple tart. If I wash my syrup and wear my new whistle, they probably won't recognise me. :o

Yep i know the nuclear sub your talking about, couple of right Ricky and Biancas who Kitchen Sink in there. They tried it on with my Duchess of Fife,so i tick-tocked the pair of em and ended up in the Boom and Mizzen with a bunch of bread and butters and some Fromage Frais. Not to forget the ice cream freezers.

I like this Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. :D

Translation

Yep i know the pub your talking about, couple of right <deleted> who drink in there. They tried it on with my wife,so i clocked the pair of em and ended up in the prison with a bunch of nutters and some gays. Not to forget the geezers.

I like this cockney rhyming slang.

Slang taken from here

cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk :D

Edited by daleyboy

We call this speaking "Tinglish" in my parts. I don't do it to other foreigners but many of my friends do and it annoys the crap out of me. How unfocused can one be not to notice the white face in your line of vision?  :D

that bit harsh yes?

Not harsh... am talking about one native- English speaker talking "Tinglish" to another native-English speaker. I find it weird! No offence meant :D

only my to joking right ... 'cos not good englit

Well, I tried. I am as dismal at humour as I am at interesting posts. I'm such a loser :o

While sbk is right to speak properly to hubby, I find that to many Thais I opt for rapid accurate understanding, rather than worry about teaching them properly. The rare times when I have repeated contact with someone, then I do make the effort to use good grammar, and to help correct theirs in a face safe manner.

Ah, but Khun Pandit, you speak Thai as well. :D

We call this speaking "Tinglish" in my parts. I don't do it to other foreigners but many of my friends do and it annoys the crap out of me. How unfocused can one be not to notice the white face in your line of vision?  :D

that bit harsh yes?

Not harsh... am talking about one native- English speaker talking "Tinglish" to another native-English speaker. I find it weird! No offence meant :D

only my to joking right ... 'cos not good englit

Well, I tried. I am as dismal at humour as I am at interesting posts. I'm such a loser :D

While sbk is right to speak properly to hubby, I find that to many Thais I opt for rapid accurate understanding, rather than worry about teaching them properly. The rare times when I have repeated contact with someone, then I do make the effort to use good grammar, and to help correct theirs in a face safe manner.

Ah, but Khun Pandit, you speak Thai as well. :D

:o:D

Sometimes i snap out of it and start talking thai english to uk,ers and other folks.How come this....i belive i do speak pretty good english, but after 2 or 3 weeks in los i,m all on the wagon again and it,s stuck. I do some calling to us and uk at work and sometimes i,m staring all that #me not know #parts soon come# ...........  :o

Ya I know what ya mean,I've got it same same,but different!!! :D

You know you've got Thai in your blood when you're home and say 'bai' to your mates when you're ready to go on to the next bar. :D:D