Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

I note from a few posts above that the prediction for Lad Prao is flooding in a few days from now.

My home is in Sutthisan, Intamara 41.

At the moment I am in Sukhothai with my 8 mont plus pregnant wife . I am in a dilemma as to whether to come back to Bangkok in the next five days, to ensure my wife has a good standard of medical care, as the baby could be coming any time soon.

Ladprao not being too far away from Sutthisan the chances are quite high that if Ladprao floods so will Sutthisan, eventually. What are your thoughts on this?

At least my wife is free from any potential flooding here. I have to return for work on the 15th, and ideally do not want to leave my wife alone to have the baby.

Anybody any thoughts??

No airline will let your wife fly if she is 8 months pregnant (and they will ask for a medical certificate to check). I agree Chiang Mai may be the only practical option.

Agree come to Chiang Mai weather is great here. I am one of thoes evacuated to Chiang Mai from Pathum Thani.

Another forumer also arrived yesterday with 4 dogs.

Leave a post on theChiang Mai thread if you have any questions the folks there are great.

In Ayutthaya they have 2-3 good hospitals, and they are open, as well and with the water receding you can reach them

Getting to Ayutthaya you might need a pick-up or SUV following Highway 1 exit to Highway 32

I would advise Rajathanee Hospital on Rojana Road

How are things around Watcharaphon Tom? Bang Khen has been told to ecavuate. Are you still at home? If you are can you do me a huge favour? Please go down Ruam Mit Phatthana and have a look at Noble Geo Village which is on the left just pass the small canal that crosses the road..

The management sent us an sms saying village is flooded but didn't say by how much.

Best of luck to you.

runoff water around Raminthra is heading to the east aggressively.

yesterday afternoon Watcharapol 5-yaek is about 20cm+ water ( saw on TV news ). mo baan Noble Geo blocks out the street water by sandbag, yet inside mo baan still flood from the drain 10-20cm+, soi 4 is deeper :-( maintaince guys are pumping water out.

as of yesterday afternoon ( before the evacuation advice ), less than 50% people stay.

friend of mine will go back to Watcharapol, if he could go through.

Thanks for the information. Please post info if your friend gets through.

Things not great.....went this morning in my CRV to Narasiri, water all the way up to Tesco Lotus by Ramintra, gets very heavy around the market, lower on the way to the 5Yaek, then after the intersection on W. Road to my house about 40 cms. Has gone up a lot in the last couple days. they just sandbagged my village in, about 15 cms on the streets there, they are pumping it out furiously.

They will have a shuttle truck to my village a few times a day starting tomorrow, probably have to get in that way. Sure hope it starts going down soon. Still need quit e bait to get in tot the house, but it is relentless so far!

Anybody's guess on when the water will start going down? times like these I need a Ma Doo.

How are things around Watcharaphon Tom? Bang Khen has been told to ecavuate. Are you still at home? If you are can you do me a huge favour? Please go down Ruam Mit Phatthana and have a look at Noble Geo Village which is on the left just pass the small canal that crosses the road..

The management sent us an sms saying village is flooded but didn't say by how much.

Best of luck to you.

yesterday afternoon Watcharapol 5-yaek is about 20cm+ water ( saw on TV news ). mo baan Noble Geo blocks out the street water by sandbag, yet inside mo baan still flood from the drain 10-20cm+, soi 4 is deeper :-( maintaince guys are pumping water out.

as of yesterday afternoon ( before the evacuation advice ), less than 50% people stay.

Things not great.....went this morning in my CRV to Narasiri, water all the way up to Tesco Lotus by Ramintra, gets very heavy around the market, lower on the way to the 5Yaek, then after the intersection on W. Road to my house about 40 cms. Has gone up a lot in the last couple days. they just sandbagged my village in, about 15 cms on the streets there, they are pumping it out furiously.

They will have a shuttle truck to my village a few times a day starting tomorrow, probably have to get in that way. Sure hope it starts going down soon. Still need quit e bait to get in tot the house, but it is relentless so far!

Anybody's guess on when the water will start going down? times like these I need a Ma Doo.

A friend of mine just came back from helping the Red Cross deliver supplies in Ayuthya. H e said it's still heavily flooded all the way up took 3 hours to get back in a high truck and water everywhere you look. People in Ayuthyya still in 2 meters or more of water where he went.

All that water still has to come down this way. I think it will be a long time before this goes away. Do you have kids Tom?

I left watcharaphon because i don't want my kids around floods.

Good luck to all flooded people!

Best of luck to you.

Tom from my experience here id say the water must first stabilize and then after a few days of that it will drop. Here it stayed the same for 5 days and now the last two days it had dropped 3cm.

A friend of mine just came back from helping the Red Cross deliver supplies in Ayuthya. H e said it's still heavily flooded all the way up took 3 hours to get back in a high truck and water everywhere you look. People in Ayuthyya still in 2 meters or more of water where he went.

All that water still has to come down this way. I think it will be a long time before this goes away. Do you have kids Tom?

I left watcharaphon because i don't want my kids around floods.

Good luck to all flooded people!

I live in Ayutthaya and work in Lat Krabang

I drive v.v. two days a week. Couldn't get to Bangkok last week, but Monday I could again only not passing to Highway 9 but by Highway 1, the elevated highway passing Don Muang...

Water is Ayutthaya has receded with 50-60cm or more obver the weekend only, sand dams are broken down in the center and the outskirts where I live are OK. I even never even had water in the moo baan behind the Tesco Lotus on Highway 32.. That water and what comes from above Ayutthaya still has to come down to Bangkok. I was informed by the Estate Authrority that it moves a few km per day, not sure how they measure that because undercurrents usually are not visible

I know that some area's are still heavily flooded like around Rojana Industrial Estate and the old city, the island between the two rivers but the rest is much better than let's say a week ago.

Different people, different stories...

If the Phetkasem is flooded, then we are stuck in Ban Pong. Cannot go back to Khu Bon safely, nor do my 90 day report on time. Guess I will have to just pay the fine when I can report.

According to reports, the water is heading for Rama II quick, so that route will be cut off soon.

you can do the 90 day report at any immigration office.. the one at wat rai king is still open and accessible... but personally i would just explain where you were.

I see. I am registered as living in Ratchayothin. Since last reporting, we have moved. Now I have tabien baan for Khannyao.

I can report anywhere? Can I go to the Ratchaburi or Kanchanaburi office?

For the record, Ban Pong is high and dry. The river is still at normal level. Too bad they cannot practically use it to drain Nakhon Phathom.

Have to drive from Huahin to Pattaya this Friday,just seen an SMS from Thai visa that Phetkasem highway from Phetkasem soi 50 Krathumban district in Samut Sakhon has been closed due to high water levels...I believe this is part of my route....has anyone driven thru this area today or know of any dry roads into Bangkok to connect to the expressway?

Have to drive from Huahin to Pattaya this Friday,just seen an SMS from Thai visa that Phetkasem highway from Phetkasem soi 50 Krathumban district in Samut Sakhon has been closed due to high water levels...I believe this is part of my route....has anyone driven thru this area today or know of any dry roads into Bangkok to connect to the expressway?

If you go NOW, you could take highway 35 (RamaII) in to Kanchanapisek Rt.9 then on to the elevated BKK-Chonburi expressway.

Rama II might be flooded by Friday.

http://g.co/maps/nyjb7

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

If you go NOW, you could take highway 35 (RamaII) in to Kanchanapisek Rt.9 then on to the elevated BKK-Chonburi expressway.

Thanks for that,but unable to go now,will have to take a chance Friday and hope the road is passable.

If the Phetkasem is flooded, then we are stuck in Ban Pong. Cannot go back to Khu Bon safely, nor do my 90 day report on time. Guess I will have to just pay the fine when I can report.

According to reports, the water is heading for Rama II quick, so that route will be cut off soon.

you can do the 90 day report at any immigration office.. the one at wat rai king is still open and accessible... but personally i would just explain where you were.

I see. I am registered as living in Ratchayothin. Since last reporting, we have moved. Now I have tabien baan for Khannyao.

I can report anywhere? Can I go to the Ratchaburi or Kanchanaburi office?

For the record, Ban Pong is high and dry. The river is still at normal level. Too bad they cannot practically use it to drain Nakhon Phathom.

Come to Immigration in Kanchanaburi, they are really good here and will fully understand your dilemma. If you're in Ban Pong you're only half an hour away by car.

Maybe Ratchaburi would be just as good an option but I've never been there so cannot comment on the level of service.

I'm going next week from Suvarnabhumi to Ratchaburi. If Borommatchachonnani (338). Phetkasem (4) and Rama II (35) is flooded, are there any options?

So much for the worst being over, here in Don Muang the water is still rising and heaven alone knows when it will stop!

Word is that waters in Ayutthya are finally subsiding so my guess is that water in northern Bkk will start to subside in about a week. May get worse before it gets better, though.

So much for the worst being over, here in Don Muang the water is still rising and heaven alone knows when it will stop!

Word is that waters in Ayutthya are finally subsiding so my guess is that water in northern Bkk will start to subside in about a week. May get worse before it gets better, though.

Its been slowly dropping here now only 3-4 cm over 2 days. In Bang Bua Thong. That is by no means a lot but before that it was stable for 5 days or so

Best of luck to you.

MY place is at Pak Kret and it;s changed little for 2 weeks - some signs of a slight decrease the last two days though. I'd say be prepared for at least two weeks, even after the level has stablised, possibly longer.

Maybe we should include in the thread now "where is it drying up" ??

Edited by culicine

A couple of questions here. My school has decided that we need to nbe in on Monday, 6th November, it is on Suwintawong on Windsor Park golf course. Can anyone let me know what it's like there now? Secondly I live at a village called Laddarom off Sukhaphiban 5 same thing is it flooded there? Reason that I am asking is that my wife and 1 year old daughter are here in Pattaya at the moment and her school isn't opening until the 15th. I don't want to drive them back to a flooded house.

Any help gratefully received!

C

Hello.

I note from a few posts above that the prediction for Lad Prao is flooding in a few days from now.

My home is in Sutthisan, Intamara 41.

At the moment I am in Sukhothai with my 8 mont plus pregnant wife . I am in a dilemma as to whether to come back to Bangkok in the next five days, to ensure my wife has a good standard of medical care, as the baby could be coming any time soon.

Ladprao not being too far away from Sutthisan the chances are quite high that if Ladprao floods so will Sutthisan, eventually. What are your thoughts on this?

At least my wife is free from any potential flooding here. I have to return for work on the 15th, and ideally do not want to leave my wife alone to have the baby.

Anybody any thoughts??

Its anny boddy's guess but you can monitor progress of water coming from the north at following map

http://maps.google.f...405955,0.727158

i follow this map now for several days and its pritty accurate they updated 2 or 3 times a day .

------------------------

:lol:

Don't wait too long.

I am on Ladprakhao road soi 42 and we are just NOW seeing the first signs of water seeping up through the drains and sewers.

If you're leaving...it's time to do it NOW I believe

Time: 10:30 a.m. 2 November 2011.

:blink:

He's in Sukothai right now.

I agree with the several people who advised Chiang Mai. Don't risk bringing an 8 month pregnant woman to a place where she may not be able to reach a decent hospital in time AND where the hospitals are overstreched due to many of their staff being unable to get in to work.

Although central Bkk is dry, the hospitals there are still affected (like many businesses) because the people who work in central Bkk often commute in from areas that are now flooded.

Water runs north to south, Chiang Mai is safe until next year's rainy season at least whereas no one can guarantee anyplace in Bkk at this point. And certainly not the area where you live.

A couple of questions here. My school has decided that we need to nbe in on Monday, 6th November, it is on Suwintawong on Windsor Park golf course. Can anyone let me know what it's like there now? Secondly I live at a village called Laddarom off Sukhaphiban 5 same thing is it flooded there? Reason that I am asking is that my wife and 1 year old daughter are here in Pattaya at the moment and her school isn't opening until the 15th. I don't want to drive them back to a flooded house.

Any help gratefully received!

C

better stay where you are windsor is flooded and diffecult to reach from your area

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

Hi There/. here is Phetkasem Road (this afternoon) it's over ankle deep and at the Mall it is 1 metre deep - pictures near soi 67 taken today - It seems to have slowed down for now. North and south side only 1 lane open, with caution - but very busy with lots of traffic though.

post-85204-0-75189800-1320240081_thumb.j

post-85204-0-77919000-1320240251_thumb.j

A couple of sat pics for a comparison between 2008 and yesterday.... Seems like a heck of a lot more water than what was reported released in the 3 dams!! Open these and see if I'm wrong.... Does anyone have pics of the 3 dams in question? I'm interested in there present levels VISUALLY instead of what the RID writes in it's reports

post-54111-0-20498600-1320240673_thumb.j

post-54111-0-72004100-1320240707_thumb.j

am overseas, but I just spoke over the phone with the missus (in ramindra soi 19).

She's had enough of waist high black water in the house & is heading to Pattaya.

I'm glad to hear that as I was concerned about the electricity being still on in the area

She said that last friday she thought she could contain the water but it came up thru the floor.

Since it has risen to waist high only large trucks can navigate the inner sois to ferry in people & food

hoping for everyones sake that this will be all over soon

Paddybkk

Prachacheun rd and the surrounding areas, especially near kasemrat hospital are flooded/flooding. There were large puddles this morning that grew into a shallow flood by lunch time. The water appears to be seeping up from the drains and leaking from klong prapa. No stench so it's assumed not mixing with sewerage.

Still can drive through at this stage, but I guess it shows the slow and steady progress.

Has anyone heard large bangs btw? I'm told from an unreliable, paranoid and at times very imaginative source that it's the gov warning of approaching floods.