Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have ridden a bike with my friend up to Ratchapidisek Road / Vibhawadi junction and it is flooded even outside Hino offices. travelled along then took Paholyothin Road and the flooding continues past Major Cineplex there with TV crews in attendance. I took a video of it all but it is too big to put here and I am not expert enough to reduce its size...

I too believe it will hit Lad Prao very soon....and onwards. Good luck to all.

You can put the video on Youtube and embed it onto your post.

If that is too complicated, you can upload it to a webspace of your choice and post the link here. Even Dropbox will do.

I think I am not the only one n this thread you would like to see your video...

Have ridden a bike with my friend up to Ratchapidisek Road / Vibhawadi junction and it is flooded even outside Hino offices. travelled along then took Paholyothin Road and the flooding continues past Major Cineplex there with TV crews in attendance. I took a video of it all but it is too big to put here and I am not expert enough to reduce its size...

I too believe it will hit Lad Prao very soon....and onwards. Good luck to all.

You can put the video on Youtube and embed it onto your post.

If that is too complicated, you can upload it to a webspace of your choice and post the link here. Even Dropbox will do.

I think I am not the only one n this thread you would like to see your video...

Well, you gave me the idea to upload my brief video of my visit this evening to Ratchayothin. Compared to 24 hours earlier it is starting to get really messy now but I honestly do not think the water moves forward at a speed of 1.8km per day as earlier mentioned and that it is fortunately moving slower forward.

Anyway, here is the Link to my video:

I just took a midnight stroll to Lotus Tesco Lad Prao. At about 1:00 a.m. I was on the ped. o'pass/flyover/whatever, gazing at Rachayothin.

I could see no water on the ground where I was, nor could I make out any in the distance. There was no water skidmark forming in the center of the lanes. I doubt that the water will reach Lad Prao intersection tonight.

There were lights at the intersection, so traffic appears to be moving. I can't comment on how much of it is evacuees.

For now, my plans to purchase beach front property in Khon Kaen are on hold.

My school will be a third week late in starting the second term. Sounds like another sign to me. We're on Saen Saeb near Asoke. I'll go down later this morning and take a photo of the khlong. If anybody is interested in knowing, I could take a cab back up Rachada-Pisek and post pix of any wet spots forming. Let me know.

Going off-topic for one paragraph: It seems that the folks who run the Singapore Gran Prix could do something similar with Viphavadi-Rangsit in Bangkok. They could install flood walls the length of the road and make an annual tourist event of "the water roundup" (like the elephant round up in Surin). With the elevated tollway, it wouldn't even disrupt traffic all that much. Then supertankers could dump the floodwater above the arctic circle and help restore the ice pack.

post-32175-0-70336300-1320345982_thumb.j

“There’s a lot of danger around it,” says Mark Thomas, a spokesman for UNICEF, which is assisting with sanitation issues. “You need to keep kids out of the water, and everybody should stay out of the water as much as possible.”

Mosquito-borne diseases, such as dengue fever, are a concern as well as eye infections and waterborne ailments that can lead to diarrhea and severe dehydration.

Skin diseases and fungal infections are the flood’s biggest plague so far, with nearly 100,000 cases of athlete’s foot reported. Bouts of diarrhea and respiratory infections are also common, especially with many flood victims sheltering in hot, cramped sites that may not have electricity or clean water.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/68813/trash-sewage-boost-disease-risk-in-bangkok-floods/

My Thai say, friend at department of water management, worst to come on Saturday /Sunday night

When the flood from north will reach his peak but nobody dares to tell the government

The latest reports are water at central plaza Lat Phrao andthe mall Bangkapi coming out the drains

So be prepared flood will come.

Edited by Scott
edited out

My video from Thursday 3rd November

Hope this works, there is more than one video...

Ratchadapisek Road and Paholyothin Road....

Thanks to TomBKK for your advice.

thanks work perfect

That was a quick response...the other videos are longer and it will be an hour before the next one appears.....so should be ready by morning.

thanks work perfect

That was a quick response...the other videos are longer and it will be an hour before the next one appears.....so should be ready by morning.

ok second 1 even better thanks

some tough remarks to the PM

"I don't know if you've come here to help or make the situation worse," shouted a woman who missed out on an aid package because supplies ran out.

During a boat tour of areas submerged by polluted floodwaters an elderly man told Yingluck: "You're here just for fun, not really to help, so don't come back."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/flood-victims-scold-thai-prime-minister-20111103-1mxqo.html

Just saw this comment below on Bangkok Post web site comments under article titled Water won't reach Inner Bangkok. Any verification?

Discussion 5 : 04/11/2011 at 02:20 AM5

I'm noticing water coming up the drains at Ploenchit.

Just saw this comment below on Bangkok Post web site comments under article titled Water won't reach Inner Bangkok. Any verification?

Discussion 5 : 04/11/2011 at 02:20 AM5

I'm noticing water coming up the drains at Ploenchit.

This happens from time to time. Someone had posted a pic yesterday afternoon around Ladprao 16. By 7pm, it had gone back into the drain and the street was dry.

Most of us now have learnt not to believe much of what government representatives tell us.

One person who I do respect is Dr Seri who can be seen on Thai PBS. Apologies if this has already been mentioned but you can get his latest views and predictions in English in the segment of English news between 8.30-9pm. For those who understand Thai well enough and have Thai partners/relatives, he provides a more comprehensive commentary sometime between 7.30 – 8pm.

Last night he predicted that the Ladprao intersection would start to flood during the night and as I understand from my wife this has possibly already started. He also commented last night that these large sandbags being placed further north will have little effect on preventing inner Bangkok from flooding. In addition he mentioned that the water is presently moving at around 1.8kms per day so if this is maintained it will give people some idea when they are likely to be hit. The precise movement of the water is difficult to predict due to the many klongs criss-crossing the area.

Any information on the Ladprao Intersection-Klong Ladprao? I know it's getting close, but has anyone actually seen it in that area yet?

Our office at Phaholyothin 19 is surrounded by water approaching 30-60 cm.

That's the soi north of Central Lad Prao/Hor Wang school

Welcome. And it works.

ok second 1 even better thanks

Can you provide a diurect link to the secnd video? There are so many, and most are older, so I am a bit confused.

Good, thanks.

I'll be heading back to Bangkok on Sunday night. I guess my area (Bangjak, Suk. 93) is pretty safe now, even though other areas are expected to get flooded over the weekend.

Edited by Scott
edited out

Water down past Central Ladprao on VR road, stopped at the junction as VR rises to go over that particular junction, but still movement. Think it will creep into VR next to St Johns soon and also along Phahonyothin by TMB Bank.

If you are traveling towards Don Muang from Mochit area you will be directed over Ratchavibha as further up VR it is quite deep.

Oh and the water is filthy, rubbish everywhere.

Edited by beano2274

ok i have some good news , i live at klong 4 lam luk ka road, next to the number 9 outer ring road, today i looked out side and the flower pot i have been using as a gauge to see in the water was going up or down, , and wow the water is down about 5 cm , i still have to push my super scooter through the water waist high, but once on the lam luk ka road , i can get on the number 9,

bad news at my school near khu bon , the water is rising, o well one out of two is not so bad, have a careful day everyone, and as they say in Spain, don't drink the water.