Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lad Phrao/Ratchada intersection now partially flooded shin-deep as of 1:30pm. I just came back from the Land Transport Office and the transition from Phahonyothin to Lad Phrao is dicey, with lots of cars and smaller bikes stalling out, which was causing a chain reaction. Water is starting to pool in the sub-sois off Lad Phrao around the small canal that cuts off from Klong Lad Phrao at the temple over to Rachada.

Just been to Central Lad prao. The water seems to be heading towards Mor Chit. Most of the water is on the side of the road nearest Central. I put a short video on youtube under my usee name ThePetedk.

using my mobile and I don't know how to copy and paste the link.

Here is the link.

--------------------

I am here in Lad Prao....Latphrakho road soi 42 to be exact.

The water is arriving now...been dry for over a week...but obviously that's not going to last.

I happen to be about 10 cm higher here than many other houses nearby...so I am stll temporarily dry.

Don't think it will be much longer, but the water rise is still only very slow.

And just to confirm what others said...it is not flowing in.

it is entering thru the storm DRAINAGE system and coming out from there on to the soi outside.

Smells like the sewers are involved also.

A right proper f-----p.

:blink:

Time: 14:30 p.m. 4 November 2011

Travelled south down Ramkhamhaeng and to the Mall Bangkapi at midday today. No flooding to report. Klong Sean Saeb at the Mall water was running briskly with the level well over half a metre below the top. Looked around some of the small klongs around Ramkhamhaeng area and no high water levels to be seen.

Spoke to the guy who runs the boat service on Saen Saeb and he considered it to be manageable and didn't forsee flooding in Ramkhamhaeng. He told me that when they widened and extended Ramkhamhaeng out towards Minburi they also laid down drainage pipes parallel with the khlong and much water could be diverted down this route if necessary.

Thanks Tom, amazing pictures, have to agree with the Cannuck though that I cannot see us going home any time soon. My daughter is only one and I don't want her anywhere near that water. Did it smell bad?Carl

Hi all

The water does not smell really...and it is not too polluted, you can still see through to the bottom even if it is 40 cms or so. not pristine clear water, but doesn't stink at least.

Edited by tominbkk

Is there a general info number to call for updates on rural areas??

Here are some telephone numbers I am keeping handy:

Disaster Mitigation call center: 1784

24/7 Emergency operation call center: 02-504-3563, 02-504-3584, 02-637-3580/5

Flood information line: 02-354-6551

Department of Highways: 1586

Royal Irrigation Department: 02243-6956, 02241-0740-9 ext 2768

Maybe this helps.

Thank you Planetman, I live in Soi 5 Moo Baan Patra very close to Soi23. Overnight water risen 3cm until now. I hope it stays this way.

Raminthra Soi 23 update as of Noon Thursday.

I came from the east where there was a police barrier and signs preventing cars and small trucks from passing. Raminthra at Soi 23 passable in either direction only by large trucks and boats. The center median was dry yesterday at noon but the wakes of large vehicles almost completely swamped it. The sidewalk was knee deep or a bit higher.

Following Soi 23 the water is mid-thigh for most of the soi's length, with a couple stretches where it is waste deep. Only the very largest commercial trucks were even tried with one exception. One 4WD with a snorkle drove by. I'll bet that snorkel made the drive feel pretty smug; I sure would.

Soi 23 T-bones into Paholyothin 48, where the water is a bit more than knee-deep, and continues so moving east. I live where soi 48 doglegs to the left. knee+ deep.

Overnight the level rose only 2 or 3 cms. I hope the water has almost peaked. The low point of our home is still 30cm above the water, so when they aren't typing these fingers are crossed.

Watcharaphon:

Took a big truck the village has rented, from Tesco Lotus by Ramintra to my village....made another album for it:

Here

Water a bit deeper, but not incredibly so, but still, wouldn't risk my car any more in it.....hoping it goes down soon!

Might not be very interesting for non W. people, but still if you like pics of lots of water then please be my guest.....

many many thanks Tom !! seeing is believing, but I really don't want to see it's happening.

zoom into the details at the door step of the Blue Sky Lotus, the water level is a bit higher than yesterday :-(

My village guys said the water went up 2 centimeters in the last day....I think a bit more, maybe like 5-7. But they are keeping things pretty steady in my village, with some new pumps they just bought....

"Plodprasob believes all district will be inundated whereas BKK governor still confirms not entire BKK to get flooded ~ "

This is increasingly my conclusion as well. The pressure of the water from the North is such that even if barriers stop it somewhat above ground it forces its way through drainage, sewerage & possibly water pipes. If it moves at 1-1.8km a day then by this time next week all of central Bangkok will be inundated.

My Company allowed me to take an aerial trip over Ayutthaya, Don Mueang, etc. there is a huge volume of water that just hasn't arrived yet. Water levels are falling in Sinburi, Lopburi and Saha Rattananakorn Industrial estates, the outer ring road is badly flooded at the Lam Lukka Junction and the water is heading where it eventually neees to end up, in the sea.

I believe we have weeks of this yet to come

My cousin lives on Prachaniweit 1 near Wat Samian, across the street from Bon Marche has left his house. Said water has risen significantly since last night when it was ankle deep to now waist deep in his soi and still deeper. However for me on Ngamwongwan Rd on Nonthaburi side is still dry, but I heard that The Mall closed at 2pm today.

At 5:00 p.m.

The water remains on one side of Lad Prao Rd. - the odd-numbered soi side.

It has passed Union Mall and is now at Soi 1.

The wet pavement continues for a couple of more blocks.

The only flooding I've seen on the even-numbered soi side of Lad Prao Rd. is the Lad Prao Hotel at Soi 8.

No water on this side of the road itself - yet.

If I understood last night's Thai PBS English-language broadcast, this is where it will stop on Lad Prao. The rest will continue to Victory. I guess we'll all be tuned into cable 6 in another few hours.

post-32175-0-46163200-1320402495_thumb.j

post-32175-0-73022200-1320402496_thumb.j

Soi Suan Siam is flooding quickly, its running towards Seri Thai and flooding all sois on the way, im living just around the corner on Seri Thai so im sending the family to pattaya tonight. Looking to get a quick beer run in before the shit hits the fan, its also coming down Seri Thai from Ram Intra junction next to Seriruk Hospital.

A silly question maybe, but is anyone seeing the water RECEDING anywhere?

robblok said a few days ago it was slowly receding in his house.

scot1999 said something about Lam Lukka khlong 4 slightly receding.

Yes, here in Supalaiburee Village Klong 4 Ransit/Thanyaburi. It has dropped 75 millimetres (3 inches) in the last 3 days. Not sure if it's evaporation only, but still a lot more to come from the north, so not building up our hopes yet.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not use bold font when posting.

Anyone with any news on the status of Rama 2??

Thanks

Another thing about Rama 2 Road... much of it is slightly higher than area around it.

Water is going to flow SW toward Samut Sakhon, which is lower.

Rama 2 might remain passable if flooding can be limited around the lowest points, which are a few kms around of the Bangkok-Samut Sakhon border.

Yes, here in Supalaiburee Village Klong 4 Ransit/Thanyaburi. It has dropped 75 millimetres (3 inches) in the last 3 days. Not sure if it's evaporation only, but still a lot more to come from the north, so not building up our hopes yet.

just got home to lam luk ka klong 4 and yes , this is the third day it has gone down, my god if it goes down my much more i will not have to push my super scooter the quarter of a mile to my condo,

any back to the topic its gone down about may 6 to 8 cm in 3 days

looking to make it 10 by the end of the weekend, ye pee

Excellent question!!!

Thaveewattana Rd Soi 9: It went down approx. 1-2 inch the day before yesterday or yesterday, but in the last 24-36 hours it got back to the original level+ 1-2 inch. So I think there is some small fluctuation...

Excellent question!!!

Thaveewattana Rd Soi 9: It went down approx. 1-2 inch the day before yesterday or yesterday, but in the last 24-36 hours it got back to the original level+ 1-2 inch. So I think there is some small fluctuation...

Friends in Nonthaburi to the west side (one in Bahn Bua Thong, not sure the other) told me the water has gone down a bit the last 1-2 days. In Bang Khen area its still going up, but that is only recently flooded. To the north its going down in Ayutaya and Nakon Sawan.

The tail end of the flood is coming through now in areas that have been flooded a long time, but if you are living ahead of the front on the north side of Bangkok, your problems are only just beginning.

Edited by Crushdepth

Well, it's not receding from Watcharaphon, but the level is stabilizing. It only went up a few centimeters yesterday, will be curious to see where it goes tomorrow.

Still receding here.. but slowly. But i am 20km above bkk in Bang yai. I can only say it started with a week or more of rises then 5 days of nothing (once it stops its great) and the last 3 days it drops with 2-3 cm a day. Its not much but its progress.