Kawasaki Z1000

karlos

Just popped into my local Kwaker dealer to confirm the colour of my 2012 Ninja 650 (green, as it's the fastest colour) ;)

But while walking in i completely forgot the reason why i went there, as standing before me stood the Z1000, what a beautiful monster she is!

I always thought she looked mean from seeing pics on the internet and sure enough seeing it in the flesh confirmed than further.

Despite it's 596,645 'out the door price' all 6 were sold at my local branch.

Does anyone know if the Z1000 sold here in Thailand is the full power model or have they dimmed it down a bit to meet the emission laws, just like the ZX10R??

I assume that hefty price tag is because the Z1000 was either made in Japan and thus resulting in tax tax tax, or made in Thailand but too many parts were supplied from Japan?

post-59428-0-22764800-1318690673_thumb.j

post-59428-0-03804700-1318690686_thumb.j

Yes it's not that hefty when you compare it to other liter bikes, but i thought the Z1000 would have retailed at a similar price to what it does in the UK.

The Ninja 250 is more or less the same price here as it is back home and so is the ER6n, Ninja 650 and Versys.

I guess Kawasaki don't want their bigger and full on sports bikes being made / fully made in Thailand hence the reason why i was surprised to see this bike priced similar to all other imported bikes.

Edited by karlos

Yes it's not that hefty when you compare it to other liter bikes, but i thought the Z1000 would have retailed at a similar price to what it does in the UK.

The Ninja 250 is more or less the same price here as it is back home and so is the ER6n, Ninja 650 and Versys.

I guess Kawasaki don't want their bigger and full on sports bikes being made / fully made in Thailand hence the reason why i was surprised to see this bike priced similar to all other imported bikes.

The Z1000 is manufactured in Japan. Kawasaki only manufactures some singles and twins in Thailand. Still, the Z1000 is the cheapest 1000cc motorcycle available in Thailand. Let the Good Times ROLL! Tony

Bummed that the Thai model doesn't have ABS option...

Asked the sales staff at Rama 9 if the Thai Z1000 is full power and they didn't know... :unsure:

If I were in the market for a new liter bike I'd pay ~60k Baht more and get a 2012 ZX10R with traction control and race ABS B)

Bummed that the Thai model doesn't have ABS option...

Asked the sales staff at Rama 9 if the Thai Z1000 is full power and they didn't know... :unsure:

If I were in the market for a new liter bike I'd pay ~60k Baht more and get a 2012 ZX10R with traction control and race ABS B)

Where in Thailand can we buy a 2012 Kawasaki ZX-10R with ABS and S-KTRC for 680,000 THB? RedBaron sales guy told me that the 2012 ZX-10R with ABS and A-KTRC would likely cost 740,000 THB

post-12170-0-42383500-1318903982_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK

RedBaron have the 2011 model. It's the same as the 2012 just different paint scheme. 680k baht on their website now. With book.

I looked at that bike, but it has no ABS and no A-KTRC (traction control)

Edited by Richard-BKK

I like the Z1000, but 600k is a little bit too much IMO. 500k would be about right.

Still, if you want to enjoy all the benefits of flooding, riots, corruption etc you're just gonna have to accept the high taxation on decent motorbikes annoyed.gif

Just kidding, think I'm having an off day as I try to work out where to store my bikes before the neighbourhood goes under water...

RedBaron have the 2011 model. It's the same as the 2012 just different paint scheme. 680k baht on their website now. With book.

Really? I thought that was standard on all models?

OK I just checked and it looks like an option.

Still, I'd probably pay 140-150k for the 'full option' ZX10 over the basic 'no option' Z1000.

Still, I'd probably pay 140-150k for the 'full option' ZX10 over the basic 'no option' Z1000.

If you in the market for a new 1000cc sportsbike I would suggest you wait a little bit until Suzuki launches the 2012 GSX-R1000 (which if rumors are correct be a very big step into the right direction regarding sportsbikes). And Suzuki cannot wait that long to launch it also, I expect next month, but can also be this month...

If you in the market for a new 1000cc sportsbike I would suggest you wait a little bit until Suzuki launches the 2012 GSX-R1000 (which if rumors are correct be a very big step into the right direction regarding sportsbikes). And Suzuki cannot wait that long to launch it also, I expect next month, but can also be this month...

Yep that's exactly what I'm doing. Been checking for the release date for the last couple of weeks but most people think it will be unveiled at the end of this month. I'm expecting something pretty special seeing as they kept the old model pretty much unchanged for 3 years. Do you know if Suzuki Thailand plan to sell it?

^ +1 :)

They've got one in Rama 9 showroom now, had a look yesterday.

Nice bike, very comfortable riding position, the quality and feel of the bike were really good. Not quite as big as I thought it would be, which was a pleasant surprise - I thought it would be a real beast but it's kind of like a chunky er6n, maybe the seat is a bit higher but not much. Overall I liked it, really nice bike and I think it'll sell much better than the ZX10 which was their previous litre bike offering.

The Z1000 is a great looking bike and while it lacks the top end of the ZX10R it's received rave reviews and is now the cheapest 1000 cc bike in Thailand.

Z1000ShowroomSSR.jpg

Powerful radial brakes and fully adjustable suspension-

Z1000Showroom1SSR.jpg

Inverted front forks adjutable for preload, damping and compression- me likey!

Rear shock with stepless rebound and damping-

Z1000ShockSSR.jpg

Cockpit is tidy and simple-

Z1000ShowroomCPSSR.jpg

A couple complaints-

No ABS option offered in Thailand :( Riding the slippery streets of Bangkok I've come to appreciate the added security ABS can provide.

How come the budget Ninja 650R / ER6n get an adjustable clutch lever but the Z1000 doesn't? Weird, but easily sorted with an ER6 clutch perch and lever.

Z1000Showroom2SSR.jpg

There's already a long waiting list for the Z1000 in Thailand- Kawasaki can't import them fast enough!

Let the Good Times ROLL! KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

No ABS when even the lowly ER-6n has it is .... bizarre. I am definitely not buying a bike without ABS. ABS provides me with added safety when I screw up (not paying attention in traffic - saved me 2 or 3 times already. And with the confidence to go much faster in the rain - which doesn't improve safety of course, but it's certainly more fun ;)

Agree that the Ninja 1000 would be killer. Love the design.

It's very tempting to off load one of my blades and get a Z1000, I love the look and its much more suited as a street bike. I might have to check with Red Barron to see what they could bring me a CB1000 in for.