Ordering A Kindle

sleepwalker999

• 4 weeks later...

I took delivery of my new Kindle Fire a few days ago and so far I'm pleased. I put up a running review on it which I'll update every 3-4 days as I use it. Nice device.

Are you in Thailand? how did you get one here, they aren't shipping outside US?

You can use a shipping forward service like shipito.com which I reviewed here. I use them all the time and they're first rate. You'll save enough on their discounted shipping rates to more than pay for their service with a lot left over.

Their video content library is only (currently) licensed in the states so they'll block Thailand IP's for that. A VPN service would be your only hope of using that feature. Ebooks will be fine as long as the book is licensed in Thailand. If it isn't they won't sell it to you. If that happens just invent an address to use in your Kindle Management area which allows them to sell you the book. Once sold, you can use it anyway. I run into this problem with certain books licensed for sale only in the UK or US.. rarely.

All else will work fine.

Their video content library is only (currently) licensed in the states so they'll block Thailand IP's for that. A VPN service would be your only hope of using that feature. Ebooks will be fine as long as the book is licensed in Thailand. If it isn't they won't sell it to you. If that happens just invent an address to use in your Kindle Management area which allows them to sell you the book. Once sold, you can use it anyway. I run into this problem with certain books licensed for sale only in the UK or US.. rarely.

They make all those dirt cheap licensing deals available in USA only, and then they are surprised why people outside USA pirate movies and software. :annoyed: