Pattaya Jet Ski And Speedboat Operators Join Flood-Relief Efforts In Central Thailand

Rimmer

Sad to see a lot of the usual bashers/posters did not actually read past the headline, it is Jomtien operators that are helping out, not the Pattaya scammers!!

now lets see how many will read your posting and refrain from trashing the effort, as opposed to those who miss-read the headline and immediately click the reply button.

Edited by jehricaholic

I lived near the Suan Phlu market off Sathorn Tai for many years and dealt on a daily basis with taxis, tuktuks and motorcycle guys. Some were great and became friends, while others were rip-off artists and druggies. There are good and bad in any segment of the population. For example, there are benevolent farang who make an effort to study the Thai culture and learn a bit of the language while there are also quite a number of cynics and perverts.

The jet-ski Thais making the long journey up river are in my opinion probably good lads with good hearts.

Sad to see a lot of the usual bashers/posters did not actually read past the headline, it is Jomtien operators that are helping out, not the Pattaya scammers!!

If so, then the Jomtien operators should be at the forefront of a movement to clean up their industry. Guilt by association I'm afraid. If their is any confusion by the TV regulars between the two said groups, I can only imagine the level of confusion amongst the tourists who come to Pataya!

What do you classify as 'Jomtien' and what as 'Pattaya'?

The north end of Jomtien beach (Dongtan area) contains some of the most vicious of the scammers - threatening physical violence as soon as someone says "Ahem - excuse me but ...".

And operating adjacent to the roped-off swimmers/bathers section - within feet of the ropes. Some tyro on a jetski could kill an unaware swimmer within seconds of boarding his jetski for the first time. (No instruction offered or required by the operators)

Personally, I would outlaw all jetskis on mainland beaches - let them have free rein on the offshore islands.

Where is JJ from Phuket with his .22 rifle? Perhaps he can shoot down a US Seahawk helicopter from his jetski and then charge them through the nose to be rescued.

I heard that JJ is now giving free rides at the Hilton; and it ain't jetski's. :lol:

I lived near the Suan Phlu market off Sathorn Tai for many years and dealt on a daily basis with taxis, tuktuks and motorcycle guys. Some were great and became friends, while others were rip-off artists and druggies. There are good and bad in any segment of the population. For example, there are benevolent farang who make an effort to study the Thai culture and learn a bit of the language while there are also quite a number of cynics and perverts.

The jet-ski Thais making the long journey up river are in my opinion probably good lads with good hearts.

Wont they run out of fuel before they get to Bangers. :burp::redcard1: Sorry could'nt help myself.

Reminded of the large family who attended several local churches with the sole purpose of relieving the collection plate of donations for their own benefit. Safety from detection is normally best when the number of thieves is increased, to throw up a smoke screen.