Tthe Elephant & Castle

Beng

Guys I ain't sure where you have been, reminising about 11 year old Bars, and not even sure they are still where you left them.

Samui is a very different beast from as recently as 5 years ago.

I have tonight spoken to the new owner of the original E & C.

He tells me it's going upscale, is going to be very beach orientated and will also incorporate an indoor/outdoor pool.

A big investment is being made, there are plenty of budget and medium scale establishments on the Island, personally I think it can only

be good for the Island imparticularly Bangrak.

I do understand that many people will want to go some place and pay 49 baht for a beer, but there are also people who would enjoy a nice bottle of wine

The more in the mix the merrier.

Before you start on my post, I have no personal investment or other interest, but would like to see a nice venue to spend my 1 day off.

I doubt this new venture will appeal to the wallets of 98% of the area but if there is the remainder that like it and can afford it then whats the problem.

Going "upscale" in Bangrak just sounds amusing to me in itself. :D Does that mean scantily clad ladies serving 250 baht glasses of wine and a poolside massage?

Guys I ain't sure where you have been, reminising about 11 year old Bars, and not even sure they are still where you left them.

He tells me it's going upscale, is going to be very beach orientated and will also incorporate an indoor/outdoor pool.

A big investment is being made, there are plenty of budget and medium scale establishments on the Island, personally I think it can only

I do understand that many people will want to go some place and pay 49 baht for a beer, but there are also people who would enjoy a nice bottle of wine

Before you start on my post, I have no personal investment or other interest, but would like to see a nice venue to spend my 1 day off.

I doubt this new venture will appeal to the wallets of 98% of the area but if there is the remainder that like it and can afford it then whats the problem.

Going "upscale" in Bangrak just sounds amusing to me in itself. :D Does that mean scantily clad ladies serving 250 baht glasses of wine and a poolside massage?

Think it means somewhere to take your wife and feel comfortable,I like the odd visit to Nicky beach but it's so far I have only been twice. and Beach Republic once.

Think it means somewhere to take your wife and feel comfortable,I like the odd visit to Nicky beach but it's so far I have only been twice. and Beach Republic once.

Certainly a very nice location for that type of place although its not a very big area of space is it.

Its a tough decision where to blow 5k Baht in an afternoon. My current favourite is to go round and round the ring road in a taxi stopping off at Family Mart for the occasional beer.

Maybe this will be an alternative? Wait and see....

Would that be a booooze cruise?

Its a tough decision where to blow 5k Baht in an afternoon. My current favourite is to go round and round the ring road in a taxi stopping off at Family Mart for the occasional beer.

Maybe this will be an alternative? Wait and see....

Would that be a booooze cruise?

Not a bad idea for your next piss up.....a ring road event with everyone piled in a pick up.....a dozen pubs or so.....see how many are on the truck by the end.....

Best part would be hearing the stories of those lost bewildered souls left behind.....biggrin.gif

Beng I , I think it has been sold. A development resembling Niki Beach to replace it. I could stand corrected.

Sorry to hear that. I used to drink in there, after fawlty towers in Bophut was shut ( was a great place).... Who's next ? Is ex Big Joes still open ? And the irish times by Bandon hospital ?

shame Bandon hospital does not go?

Faulty Towers shame someone could re-open that now the name is still floaign around. Pic closed down aswell . now it is cafe uno.

if u opened a new fauty towers the you would have to come up with his famous 1 line or 2 ha hah ah. and say that everytime to the same customers and evry day.

he comes up with some cracking lines old Pete.

lol