Ride Pattaya To Chiang Mai

sharktooth

3 days? 2 days, 1 night is enough taking it easy. Phitsanoluck is a nice place to stop.

Don't go via Tak, boring as hell. The only benefit is after Tak, once at Thoen, you can take a left and take the 106 through Li to Lamphun then Chiang Mai. This road is wonderful for about 30km between Thoen and Li.

Via Phitsanoluck, the roads are more interesting, though the 11 was in terrible state for about 50km last week near Pichit. Difficult on 4 wheels and I'd have turned back if I hadn't have been in a rental car. The 11 from Phitsanoluck to Chiang Mai is good, boring in spots, but the section from Den Chai to Lampang is good. Hope someone else can offer more....

Yes i have done it many times .First head towards Bangkok ,then take ring road 9 north towards Bang Pa Inn .Near Bang Pa Inn head to Ayuthea (sp ?),then north on highway 1 .

I always break the journey with a stop at Nakhon Sawan .Its a big plain Thai town but has a number of cheap good quality hotels .

Note roads may be still flooded so look for an update before travel .

PS i would not do that journey on a bike though .There is nothing much to see on the way .Consider putting your bike on the train north .Once you get to Chiang Mai there are many great m/c roads . :jap:

Edited by Thaifan2

Yes i have done it many times .First head towards Bangkok ,then take ring road 9 north towards Bang Pa Inn .Near Bang Pa Inn head to Ayuthea (sp ?),then north on highway 1 .

I always break the journey with a stop at Nakhon Sawan .Its a big plain Thai town but has a number of cheap good quality hotels .

PS i would not do that journey on a bike though .There is nothing much to see on the way .Consider putting your bike on the train north .Once you get to Chiang Mai there are many great m/c roads . :jap:

You would be taking a bike all the way through BKK to 9 Kanchanpisek on the west side . If you attempt it on the east side it is a toll road, which is a no no for bikes. Already tried.

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination. Never understood shipping your bike to a place you can ride.

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination. Never understood shipping your bike to a place you can ride.

Yeah, I've never understood why someone would ship their bike for what is an easily-doable trip. As long as there's no flooding en route, that is.

If you have a decent bike (not a Lifan, ahem) it shouldn't be a problem.

>>If you have a decent bike (not a Lifan, ahem) it shouldn't be a problem.<<

I resent that remark . :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::bah:

Surely you knew when you bought that hideous bike that you'd get teased a lot, no? :passifier:

Maybe you are just not in to cruisers of any type :whistling: .I am not and have never been into sports bikes myself .

i go many time this road, with a motorbike you can not in the motorway from naklua diretion rayong rd 36 after about 15 km take road 331 / 304 ( to kabin buri ) 108 km , attention here, go left 3245 to Phanom sarakam ( 20 KM ) there to the right is 304 also then about 10 km to the left 319 , 48 km,, thento the left to Nakon Nayok, -- Saraburi , take street to Phetchabun 21, when you are intresting in seegtseeing road, the roa d via Kamphangphet is very busy,, then via 12 to Phitsenaluk, then the 11 to Uttradit, in deng chai also the 11 to Lampang - Lamphun from there try the take the old road 106 to Chiang mai , people what say there is nothing to see on the road he / she better stay home , in evey bigger town you find cheap and clean hotels, also many intresting things on the road, sometime I make it 3 or 4 days, when you go via phitsalook you can visit als Suhothai,, have a nice trip,,,,,,,, when you have time go back via Pai, Mea Hong Son 108 to Mae Sariang, direction to Mae Sot very nice but take time and do not go alone,, via 108 to Lampung and back via Tak to south,,

nice trip a good luck i will make the trip again this month Math

Clearly you are not a biker and the roads you have said you are not allowed to take a bike on

I have taken this ride both directions many times, On Honda Waves, Tiger CX125, NSR150SP,Honda Airblade, Honda PCX, Suzuki step 125, CBR150, D trackers, and Ninjas So it is very doable

It can be done in a day if your hardcore like me. but 2 days is good too.

Some of the best riding is between KK and CM on 12 throught the national park.

It is best to stay well east of BKK and miss the traffic and headaches.

Many ways to go depending on what you want to see along the way

If you want a riding partner for the trip, PM me and I'm happy to run down there and make the trip back

Clearly you are not a biker and the roads you have said you are not allowed to take a bike on

I am a biker ( own 3 of them ) but also have a Toyota Hiace Van .In Europe i have travelled all over the continent by motorcycle .( mainly BMWs ).In Thailand i have only travelled long distance between Pattaya and Ko Chang by bike .Which i done about 5 times .

i have only travelled long distance between Pattaya and Ko Chang by bike .Which i done about 5 times .

Pattaya to Koh Chang? What's that, like 250 klms? In one day? You're hardcore, dude!

Respect!

You are full of Poo !!! :whistling:

BTW ,This is supposed to be a forum for easy going friendly banter between bikers . B)

i have only travelled long distance between Pattaya and Ko Chang by bike .Which i done about 5 times .

Pattaya to Koh Chang? What's that, like 250 klms? In one day? You're hardcore, dude!

Respect!

BTW ,This is supposed to be a forum for easy going friendly banter between bikers . B)

Are you upset because you've been out-trolled? :whistling:

Sorry, but you asked for that one- since when is Pattay to Koh Chang "long distance"??? :passifier:

No seriously! I meant it!

It must have taken you a good 6-7 hours on your Lifan.

Thats the thing with sports bikers ,they have to rush everywhere .Better to stop on the way and enjoy some points of interest ,have a meal etc .If you were going Pattaya to Chiang Mai you would do it in 6 hours but the only memory would be a sore arse . :jap:

Thats the thing with sports bikers ,they have to rush everywhere .Better to stop on the way and enjoy some points of interest ,have a meal etc .If you were going Pattaya to Chiang Mai you would do it in 6 hours but the only memory would be a sore arse . :jap:

Chill Winston. Just having a laugh.

And you've obviously never ridden a Ducati superbike. Your arse will be just one of the sore areas.

Respect!

Are you upset because you've been out-trolled? :whistling:

Sorry, but you asked for that one- since when is Pattay to Koh Chang "long distance"??? :passifier:

I've heard of Iron Butt rides, but that would be the Soft Butt ride :lol: :jap:

Respect!

Your right, this is supposed to be a forum for bikers to discuss everything to do with the love of biking. It's wasn't intended to be a forum with people disrespecting other riders and the kind/style of bike they drive. It doesn't matter to me in the least what a guy chooses to ride, as long as they can keep up on a long or short ride and I live by that standard. The kids who are always ruining a thread with their rude remarks just goes to show how ignorant they really are of the biker lifestyle. I'm a founding member of a club here in Thailand that is comprised of H-D only and we have over 40 bikes in the club now. That's not to say I do not respect other clubs or their choice of bikes. The biking community is all about respect, unfortunately some have no idea what that is. This is probably the reason I've never taken this forum seriously, as every time I have a look in here, it's the same thing over and over with someone bad mouthing someone else about what they ride or how it looks. This is not what riding is all about Gentlemen.

That's all I have to say, so go ahead, flame on....

Edited by hedonist44