Boat From Koh Phangan Or Koh Samui To Pattaya? Please Help!

faisalwrf

Hello,

I am interested in taking a boat from Koh Phangan or Koh Samui to Pattaya. PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST AIRFARES AND AIR ROUTES OR BUS RIDES FROM SURAT THANI ETC., I AM AWARE OF THESE.I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN BOAT TRIPS.

Please any information would be helpful in terms of cost, time and is there a company that does that? Or would I have to look for a private boat trip. Any advice is helpful. Please once again do not suggest air rides or bus rides from surat thani etc.

No commercial boat lines crossing the gulf of Thailand.

I already gave him his answer....what is wrong with everyone?

Sorry smokie - you told him to do it in style. You forgot to mention that there is no other way by boat! (But you did post a web-site for private charter B))

PoorSucker 1 smokie 0 :whistling:

No commercial boat lines crossing the gulf of Thailand.

I already gave him his answer....what is wrong with everyone?

Sorry smokie - you told him to do it in style. You forgot to mention that there is no other way by boat! (But you did post a web-site for private charter B))

PoorSucker 1 smokie 0 :whistling:

<grumble>......next time.....

May be you are upset,that no boat is available?I want to improve your mood - there was service between Pattaya and Koh Samui few years ago,when I decided to use it - I couldnt find the ticket office

and somebody told me,that the ship had sank.I had not heard about any accident,so nobody drawned.

At least,at least - they could open jetskitaxi service Pattaya-HuaHin!

It is a shame,that on Siam Bay you will not find ferry or speed boats - so many islands to connect and hop.

I heard,that people who tried such biz - quickly discovered,that there is no monies in it.

Or - is it biz opportunity in waiting?

For those who might be interested to know. There used be a car ferry service from Bangkok to Koh Samui. That vessel departed once week, every Sunday night and served that route for about 6 month. If I am not mistaken it was in 1994 :-)

And NO, it would not take 2 - 3 weeks for a 180 NMile trip. 3 days - 2 nights is probably a good estimate considering the current weather conditions.

The only question I ask is WHY? Is there something the OP is not telling us? A trip like that would not be done for a sight seeing excursion. And especially not during monsoon season. There is a lot of open water in the Gulf of Thailand and it's not something for the inexperienced to under take.

• 2 weeks later...

There are people that like to sail around th Gulf. There may even be special charters or small companies or individuals making special cargo runs around and across the gulf. No regular commercial passenger service, granted. Maybe try placing an add online somewhere. There must be some boat travel for some reason, and you may be able to get an acceptable price and transfer time, etc.