I Am A Virgin

Boater

hi

i want to build a basic website to offer a consultant buisness i have just started part time...

it only needs to be basic, IE home page, about me, what we offer, News feed, contact us, maybe a pop up and about another 10 sub pages... ,

what is the best site to help me to create this site? , i would also like google adwords and affilate links built in ,

also what is the best platform to host or build the site, i heard wordpress is very good to get up there quick in the SEO

the site will be Thai Related

cheers

Boater

Edited by Boater

Registering a site I use a US firm called godaddy, cheap as chips and the offer hosting that comes with templates-pretty easy to use and their customer service is amazing. That would be a one stop solution for you, registration, hosting and templates.

If you wanted to only register with godaddy and the you can also look at WIX they offer low cost templates that are in flash. The good news with blog.com blogger etc it that your SEO/Meta tags seem to work a bit better.

In terms of google ads, not to burst your bubble but I spent alot of time researching the pros and cons of what it would be like having it on there and I think most people will NOT click the ad that is where you make better money, I have asked around and people don't like to share how much they make with google ads but for impressions I hear 5 cents per 1000 yes only 5 cents, you would have to have millions of hits to make it worth it.

Try it yourself before you pay anyone, they will drive you insane LOL

GoDaddy for domain name, DreamHost for hosting, Wordpress for a simple website, Adwords is external from the website (just sign up with Adwords and pay to send traffic to your website), affiliate links...unsure what is an easy way to do it, maybe there's a wordpress plugin.

It's rarely a good idea for an amateur to produce a first website for a business.

You are going to need to learn HTML, use of appropriate editing software, graphics design, use of a graphics program - all of which take a lot of time to do well.

And even then, most people's first attempts look pretty abysmal.

Unless you're really keen on learning, leave it to the professionals.

I used this one in Australia www.hostingbay.com.au only a 2 -3 dollars a month (60- 100THB) for a basic site. Just Google and find a local Thai or US equivelent. Many have templates for setting up basic websites so you not need to know a lot of developer stuff.

Register your domain with anyone (I use Gem3.com), host with Bluehost, Dreamhost, Hostgator - all good. Install Wordpress 3.2 from the Fantastico section of the control panel. Go to themeforest or similar and find a suitable Wordpress theme that looks nice and professional, maximum cost $40, but make sure to look if they have an affiliate scheme first (Themeforest pay 30% of the initial desposit).

Also check hosting company affiliate schemes before buying hosting Bluehost pay $65 US, Hostgator $50 etc. There's nothing wrong in referring yourself.

If you look for a theme where the company name is textual rather than graphical, you can change it via the WP dashboard without any knowledge of HTML or graphics programs.

One you register with Adsense there are loads of Wordpress plug-ins that with automatically put the ads in your content, as for affiliate you r already started with your hosting company.

If you do that you will have the framework of a nice looking site, it's then up to you to add the content via pages and posts.

If you're serious about driving traffic to your site you may also want to create a Facebook fan page and link the content of your site to via RSS (really simple syndication). Wordpress has RSS built-in and there's a free Facebook app called RSS Graffiti that will link the content.

Stay the hell away from bluehost!

They stuff accounts on shared servers and CPU throttle like mad. Their tech support is useless and if you run into slow MySQL query problems (you will eventually) or constant CPU throttling they'll first suspend and then terminate your account.

Stay the hell away from bluehost!

They stuff accounts on shared servers and CPU throttle like mad. Their tech support is useless and if you run into slow MySQL query problems (you will eventually) or constant CPU throttling they'll first suspend and then terminate your account.

There isn't much to choose between them, they all cock up at some point. I've hosted stuff on Bluehost for over 5 years, all MySQL based and never had a problem, but it's not difficult to find people that have. As for Tech Support, again they more or less all do the same thing, close a ticket whether the problem is fixed or not.

Shared hosting is cheap in every way and not designed for business critical systems. As for referrals Dreamhost pay $97 dollars, and $5 for everyone your referrers refer, so that's probably the best deal.

thanks for the feedback, going to have a look into al the recommendations, and start from there....

i think i might use wordpress, as i have had a site built on that before and they seem to rank highly in SEO ..

i shall be back with more questions i think