Mighty Moe'S Deli

butterisbetter

I'd been hearing good things about Mighty Moe's Deli in Chiang Mai, so a friend and I popped down there for lunch today. I don' think they've been open very long, I think about 5 weeks, but they seemed to have got their act together pretty quick, with a couple of great smiley girls (especially the lady from Chiayapum) that are very professional - not easy to find here.

6317697748_5044fb8958_b.jpg

I got 1/2 pastrami & 1/2 lean corned beef (they have 2 kinds Andrew says the fattier one tastes better, will try next time) on rye bread - it was delicious.

6317696918_2f67881b70_b.jpg.

Prices are ok for the quality of what you're getting

6317177517_d6a9a9f1a1_b.jpg

Just corned beef on rye, this was the fatty corned beef apparently very tasty

6317695746_298b850ac3_b.jpg

6317697478_94655d208e_b.jpg

Some great looking deserts

6317697630_39675048b8_b.jpg

Location of Might Moe's Deli is in the map below. Coming south down Chaiyapoom rd, turn left at Starbucks onto Tapae rd & Might Moe's Deli is 30 meters on your left just after the Boots pharmacy - well worth a visit with those huge filled sandwiches.

6317203977_179117766d_b.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd been hearing good things about Mighty Moe's Deli in Chiang Mai, so a friend and I popped down there for lunch today. I don' think they've been open very long, I think about 5 weeks, but they seemed to have got their act together pretty quick, with a couple of great smiley girls (especially the lady from Chiayapum) that are very professional - not easy to find here.

You are absolutely correct - especially about the staff being "very professional". I have seen the young lady to whom you referred from Chiayapum numerous times at another restaurant and am very happy to see her at Mighty Moe's Deli. She goes out of her way to make certain you receive what you order and the way you want it. Her English is quite good and her attitude is delightful.

I just wanted to give Rider's Corner props for being so big and giving praise to another dining establishment, never the less posting all the pretty pics! As a satisfied customer of both establishments it's so nice to see. I for one am not interested in eating at the same place every night so this friendly attitude just makes me want to eat at both more. On the other hand, Shep my friend, though your intentions might be well placed and an interesting idea in general, I believe that is a can of worms already opened resulting in finding it full of snakes!

Good to highlight places that go the extra mile and have good food - everyone needs a choice of places to eat, i'd prefer they go to the good ones, keeps us on our toes.

I just wanted to give Rider's Corner props for being so big and giving praise to another dining establishment, never the less posting all the pretty pics! As a satisfied customer of both establishments it's so nice to see. I for one am not interested in eating at the same place every night so this friendly attitude just makes me want to eat at both more. On the other hand, Shep my friend, though your intentions might be well placed and an interesting idea in general, I believe that is a can of worms already opened resulting in finding it full of snakes!

Good to highlight places that go the extra mile and have good food - everyone needs a choice of places to eat, i'd prefer they go to the good ones, keeps us on our toes.

I've never been to Rider's Corner but plan to go this week after seeing his post supportive of Mighty Moe's Deli. He's obviously a stand-up guy deserving of support.

I didn't know that Rider's Corner served food. Guess I don't get out enough. The location is good for me when I am on my way home. What time is 'last orders' for food?

Normally last food orders around 10pm-10.20pm - Come see us!

Menu is pretty much the same as the link below

Link to Rider's Corner Menu

Let's not hi-jack the thread and get it back on track for Mighty Moe's Deli

Edited by RidersCorner

I didn't know that Rider's Corner served food. Guess I don't get out enough. The location is good for me when I am on my way home. What time is 'last orders' for food?

Normally last food orders around 10pm-10.20pm - Come see us!

Menu is pretty much the same as the link below

Link to Rider's Corner Menu

Let's not hi-jack the thread and get it back on track for Mighty Moe's Deli

That's okay. I don't mind. Rider's Corner deserves all the favorable attention it can get.

Found Mighty Moe's today and by 3PM they were out of corned beef so I went for the Reuben. Very very tasty and I definitely will be back. Both my parents were NYC born and I was fed this stuff from early as I can remember. I have been to 2nd Ave Deli, Carnegie, Barney Greengrass, etc.

Nobody is going to beat Katz' (or the place that name escapes me which exists as the last Jewish Deli in Newark, NJ) but to have Moe's in CM is a real plus. I don't need a 1.5 pound sandwich and none of you do either. All I would suggest is to import some real mustard and let's get it on!

Edited by arunsakda

Found Mighty Moe's today and by 3PM they were out of corned beef so I went for the Reuben. Very very tasty and I definitely will be back. Both my parents were NYC born and I was fed this stuff from early as I can remember. I have been to 2nd Ave Deli, Carnegie, Barney Greengrass, etc.

Nobody is going to beat Katz' (or the place that name escapes me which exists as the last Jewish Deli in Newark, NJ) but to have Moe's in CM is a real plus. I don't need a 1.5 pound sandwich and none of you do either. All I would suggest is to import some real mustard and let's get it on!

Do you mean something like French's spicy brown mustard? Personally I preferred Gulden's but I think they're both pretty good. And you can't get Gulden's here.

A removed a number of posts have been removed from this topic recently.

Do not post material with malicious intent, material that may appear defamatory, or argumentative, repetitious material provoking off topic debate and response.

Posts contrary to Thai Visa forum rules, or posts deemed to be provoking an online dispute/squabble/fight will be arbitrarily removed by board admin/moderators and repeat offenders may lose their posting privilege.

Moe's did have some Dijon available when I asked.

I really like this one.

We also have Mailles Mustard with whole mustard grains. We use it as a cooking ingredient but the staff will be glad to share it with you. Now how to figure out how to make them understand exactly what mustard you want..

Edited by butterisbetter

Brought up on Gulden's I settled for the French's Brown Mustard. Just seeing the label brought up horrible memories of French's Yellow, that I've had been able to suppress till that moment, but was more than happily surprised how good it was! As for Dijon, also a favorite of mine, but it would put me back into mustard trauma if I slathered a Corned Beef with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the fatty corned beef yesterday, Andrew was right it was delicous

In the old days, you had to throw the deliman a tip to get the extra fatty corned beef. In corned beef, the fat is where more of the flavor is. We're thinking of offering a mix of 1/3 rich corned beef and 2/3 leaner corned beef.

Ended up reading this entire thread in hopes that somebody would post a map and sure enough somebody did so thanks.

But a word to the wise for the owner. I know you're among friends here but is it really necessary to disparage people who can't afford your prices? I meet friends once a week at Miguel's and spend more during that time than my budget allows for every meal but it's great to treat myself like that. And I have other friends who are decent and productive people with similar situations. Not everybody that is on a budget is a vagabond.

Just a thought.

Edited by beb

Went in today and had a chicken salad sandwich it was OK. Will probably have another.

But for the life of me I can not understand all the hype about sandwiches.

Wake up people they have the greatest tasting peanut butter shakes in the world.:jap:

I hope we can keep on providing those shakes. We make our own peanut butter and can't find any raw peanuts anywhere. I hope that's due to just a flood related distribution problem and not flood related damage to the peanut crop.

Went in today and had a chicken salad sandwich it was OK. Will probably have another.

But for the life of me I can not understand all the hype about sandwiches.

Wake up people they have the greatest tasting peanut butter shakes in the world.:jap:

I hope we can keep on providing those shakes. We make our own peanut butter and can't find any raw peanuts anywhere. I hope that's due to just a flood related distribution problem and not flood related damage to the peanut crop.

You could probably sell the peanut butter at a good price. The taste was great.

Ate Roast Salt Beef sandwiches 30 years ago in Woodgreen, North London. Have spent 30 years looking in vain!

Salt beef is boiled not roasted ;) you didn't need to wait 30 years, just a short trip to Stamford Hill would have done the job :lol:

Not so easy from Down Under

Ate Roast Salt Beef sandwiches 30 years ago in Woodgreen, North London. Have spent 30 years looking in vain!

Salt beef is boiled not roasted ;) you didn't need to wait 30 years, just a short trip to Stamford Hill would have done the job :lol:

Not so easy from Down Under

No jewish area's in Auz then :(:D