Moon Beach Party

Well, if they had a party last night, I didn't hear anything.

I just hope they keep the sound down enough that Papillon Residences next door can sleep.

Maybe they are having problems getting anyone to go, the entry price was down to 100 baht last night!

post-22832-0-50660300-1319863693_thumb.j

post-22832-0-30638700-1319863720_thumb.j

- we get almost no sleep at all. The noise level had been turned down a couple of times previously, but the last party - awake all night. :(

Wrong perception of the situation, you aren't supposed to sleep, you're supposed to party, rave,rock, flip 'n flop.. have a good time, and hey no entrance fee, can consume your own beer, anything at free will, do what you wish, your choice... being in your very privately owned quarters!

as it's all 14 days... hey get real... or move to taklamakhan, or gobi desert, to the vast voidness of the himalayas, choices where absolutely nothin' like this is going to hit, are plentyful!

Black Moon party was held at Sound Bar last night instead of the normal venue, as the prince is on the island apparently, and there were concerns he would be disturbed by the noise.

Incidently, I wasn't there, I was just told by someone who was. They arrived in Plai Laem only to be redirected to Sound.

Sadly for those nearby it will return to Plai Laem next time.

I don't know what the 5am noise from a few nights this week was in Maenam, but I am down at the Lomprayah end and we can hear it! But I've found that turning the aircon on helps drown it out!

The sound of music sometimes heard at Maenam comes from the BlackMoon party at Koh Phangan. Whilst the FullMoon party is on the northside, the BlackMoon is on the middle of Had Rin and with certain wind drections, the sound can sometimes be heard at Maenam Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it actually possible to own beaches, or more specifically, parts of beaches that are in public places?

What do the major resorts do when they own hotels that are situated in the middle of a major beach? Surely they dont "own" that little bit that is fronting their hotel?

When you see 'Private Beach " it is a load of Bull. it is my understanding that His Majestyl the King of Thailand owns all the beaches no one can be denied access but it happens all the time. A Thai friend once told me that in Thailand one can never claim to be without a roof over there head or food in their belly , when I asked him to explain, this is what he said. If you have nowhere to sleep head for the local temple there are always sala's outside for people to sleep if you are hungry there is land with an abundance of fruit Mango, banana that you can pick and if you want to eat fish from the sea you go to the beach and fish or dig in the sand for shell fish, however over the past few years I have noticed that barbed wire is now used every where restricting you from walking across land and if you plant your backside on a piece of nice beach land within minutes you have someone asking what drink you would like to buy. as for the moon party at Plai Laem what can I say I live in the mountains some 20 clicks away and all I can hear all night is Boom Boom Boom I was under the impression that Thai law forbids music after midnight this is not the case on either Koh Phangan or Koh Samui I think it comes down to how much you are prepared to pay to those who have the power to say YES !!!!

- we get almost no sleep at all. The noise level had been turned down a couple of times previously, but the last party - awake all night. :(

Wrong perception of the situation, you aren't supposed to sleep, you're supposed to party, rave,rock, flip 'n flop.. have a good time, and hey no entrance fee, can consume your own beer, anything at free will, do what you wish, your choice... being in your very privately owned quarters!

as it's all 14 days... hey get real... or move to taklamakhan, or gobi desert, to the vast voidness of the himalayas, choices where absolutely nothin' like this is going to hit, are plentyful!

Can't argue with this...Samui is a party island. biggrin.gif

That must be the most unqualified, off the cuff quote I've ever heard. Mostly stated by people that run loud,out of legal hour events.

Hey let's do what we want & make money, we want to make it another Ibiza etc... How many times have we heard that, particularly from people opening illegal venues in out of the entertainment zone? Who do they cater for?

Sure you can have your parties , in the regulated areas stated as being entertainment zones , no problems there.

That must be the most unqualified, off the cuff quote I've ever heard. Mostly stated by people that run loud,out of legal hour events.

Hey let's do what we want & make money, we want to make it another Ibiza etc... How many times have we heard that, particularly from people opening illegal venues in out of the entertainment zone? Who do they cater for?

Sure you can have your parties , in the regulated areas stated as being entertainment zones , no problems there.

Even Ibiza has regulated zones for this Rooo.....rolleyes.gif

I love this place! biggrin.gif

R

Not here they don't. sad.gif

The organisers are making money hand over fist here Rooo. The same was true in Goa in the '90s until the local equivalent of the Moo Ban got together and decided enough was enough. Parties continued...but less frequently and within certain areas...."tea money" increased.

Well the hint is there...its up to you what you do with it.

Edited by smokie36

R

The organisers are making money hand over fist here Rooo. The same was true in Goa in the '90s until the local equivalent of the Moo Ban got together and decided enough was enough. Parties continued...but less frequently and within certain areas...."tea money" increased.

and with that, no where is really safe ..... it would be nice if samui could Zone areas, but we all know it will never happen, if someone wants to create a party/event/bar/club, they can do it anywhere, even right next door to your villa , be it in the mountains, or by the beach

R

and with that, no where is really safe ..... it would be nice if samui could Zone areas, but we all know it will never happen, if someone wants to create a party/event/bar/club, they can do it anywhere, even right next door to your villa , be it in the mountains, or by the beach

Right & wrong. There is a zoning, adherence is another matter.

[

Right & wrong. There is a zoning, adherence is another matter.

my mistake, i should have added in Zoned Areas that are enforced,

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what is going on but.......

a little bird told me today that the Black Moon Party has moved back to Chewang..

Last month - only one party booked and that was moved to Chewang.

This month - nothing yet.

YES! - peace is back in Plai Laem (maybe :whistling:)

Sat up in the wee small hours last night (4:00 am Saturday (this) morning) and gritted my teeth at the WUMP WUMP WUMP coming from somewhere out there . . . again . . .

Only a person crammed full of horse tranquilliser (or lobotomised)(or both) would be able to tolerate that on the spot, much less enjoy it . . . much the same as being beaten rhythmically around the head with a zinc bathtub for ten hours . . . but then only lobotomised people full of horse tranquilliser would actually part with money so they could do this . . .

These are people who usually probably have trouble finding a taxi, I'd guess . . .

R

Edited by robsamui

Not sure what is going on but.......

a little bird told me today that the Black Moon Party has moved back to Chewang..

Last month - only one party booked and that was moved to Chewang.

This month - nothing yet.

YES! - peace is back in Plai Laem (maybe :whistling:)

Sat up in the wee small hours last night (4:00 am Saturday (this) morning) and gritted my teeth at the WUMP WUMP WUMP coming from somewhere out there . . . again . . .

Only a person crammed full of horse tranquilliser (or lobotomised)(or both) would be able to tolerate that on the spot, much less enjoy it . . . much the same as being beaten rhythmically around the head with a zinc bathtub for ten hours . . . but then only lobotomised people full of horse tranquilliser would actually part with money so they could do this . . .

These are people who usually probably have trouble finding a taxi, I'd guess . . .

R

I hate it as much - if not more- as the next guy but it sounds better when your there and can hear the whole thing. Unfortunately for everyone else, it's the thumping bass that carries further and through walls.

And here's the good news for Plai Laem at least.

I took my usual walk along the beach this morning and guess what? All the structures built on the actual beach (bar etc.) have been removed as have all the sound and lighting supports.

It looks like work in progress so I am hoping the whole thing is being removed.

Fingers crossed it looks like the Black Moon 'Chillin' Party has been put on ice or even frozen out forever.

I took my usual walk along the beach this morning and guess what? All the structures built on the actual beach (bar etc.) have been removed as have all the sound and lighting supports.

Fingers crossed it looks like the Black Moon 'Chillin' Party has been put on ice or even frozen out forever.

Yes yorkie - good news indeed for those of us that live and make a living in this area. :thumbsup:

However, I have to feel sorry for the poor folks that are stuck with our reject. I have heard that they have gone to 'Sound Bar?'. (I do not know this one.) :sorry:. (Sorry Rob - not sure if it is the same lot that have moved near you.)

Yes yorkie - good news indeed for those of us that live and make a living in this area. :thumbsup:

However, I have to feel sorry for the poor folks that are stuck with our reject. I have heard that they have gone to 'Sound Bar?'. (I do not know this one.) :sorry:. (Sorry Rob - not sure if it is the same lot that have moved near you.)

I think Sound Bar is in Green Mango, if so it's the right area for it regardless of any so called zoning.

There, they are only competing with similar sound levels from other bars.

• 2 weeks later...

Walking on Plai Laem beach this morning, my wife spoke to the boat builders working next to the party area.

They told her that Crown Prince of Thailand His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn was staying at Six Senses resort earlier this year and heard the noise of the Black Moon party from the resort.

It was his intervention that stopped the parties from continuing.

Walking on Plai Laem beach this morning, my wife spoke to the boat builders working next to the party area.

They told her that Crown Prince of Thailand His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn was staying at Six Senses resort earlier this year and heard the noise of the Black Moon party from the resort.

It was his intervention that stopped the parties from continuing.

That is pretty close to the story that I heard.

Anyway - I am just very glad that the BMP has moved.

(I think that HRH The Crown Prince is back again today. Lots of helicoptors and Soi 7 was closed for 20 minutes. The road has never looked so clean. A plethora of BIBs as well.)