Watch Tan Network Thai News On Ipad / Iphone / Online

media

I am without a TV at the moment so I tried to catch up with the flood news on TAN network, (brilliant Thai news chanel in English language, UBC Chanel 176)

I downloaded 5 Apps for iPad / iPhone for watching Thai TV, but they are all a waste of time the streams are either always down, and most in Thai could not find TAN

There was 1 app that has the ASEAN news network (in English) the app is called MCOT but the same problem! Stream always down

TAN stream the news on their web site but it's a tiny pic and terrible quality can't watch that it's useless.

Any other tech geeks out there or TAN likers who can help would be great I can't below that the best Thainews station doesn't have other ways to get viewers

Or if no one knows how to watch TAN please recommend another english language news Chanel I can watch online

Thanks guys

RSVP

Outside of Thailand I have tried many times to view the TAN network broadcast on their website and the low quality of the broadcast makes it virtually impossible.

Edit - I tried TAN using IE and the sound comes in but the picture stops and starts. Forget viewing with Firefox or Chrome as their website seems to be built for IE only. :blink: What year is this??

Edited by TheWalkingMan

<<please recommend another english language news Chanel I can watch online>>

My favourite is livestation.com. If you go to

http://www.livestation.com/channels/10-bbc-world-news-english ,

the BBC World Service will start playing live almost instantly, even with a slow Intenet connection. This is a free service, but they have premium accounts and also software to download.

If you look at their main site, you will see that they offer loads of news sites and even iPhone and iPad apps. What you can actually view, however, depepends on your ip address (location in the world). For example, I couldn't watch BBC on the iPad from here in Thailand, but I had no problem watching euronews, France 24, al Jazeera, ITN UK, NASA TV, Iranian and Russian TV (all in English) on the iPad.

I guess if you had a VPN app and account (either on the desktop, iPad, or both), you could change your ip address and watch all kinds of things from anywhere in the world, including the BBC.

For a one-minute BBC news summary, go to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/ .

Unfortunately, they recently started putting adverts before the "one-minute" update.

As a back-up, there is

http://www.zahipedia.info/2010/08/24/watch-bbc-news-live/ .

Ignore the date at the top of the screen and scroll down about half-way to see the BBC World live screen loading. This site has less quality and requires a better Internet connection than LiveStation.Com. On a slow connection, it has a tendencey to stop and start. Also on zahipedia.info, there are some other links on the right (like CNN, History Channel and Sky Sports) which may or may not work.