South Africa

midnightsun

can someone fill me in on... the ins and outs of what a thai girl does in south africa.

lets just say... i meet a thai girl a year ago when in los... we always kept in contact email. phone, chatting. ect... then dissappears.... not hearing from her... thinking she may be in jail, found someone ( but would think she would have told me... because we had a very good friendship), or worse dead... 5 months later you get an email from her telling you she is south africa....

Depends a lot on the girl, and what she is looking to do. There are some β€œgood-girl” type things that could have been going on; work a restaurant, safari park, or hotel (possibly giving real traditional Thai massage). But like pretty much everywhere else in the world there is also prostitution in South Africa, and she could have been involved in that side of things. Sorry to say the only Thai female that I know that went to South Africa was involved in the prostitution side of things.

What did she say she was doing in South Africa?

I cannot help with the "whats" but maybe the "whys"? As I understand it, RSA is one of only a few countries, outside ASEA, to which a Thai national can travel without obtaining a visa prior to departure. I think a Thai national can get a 30 visa on arrival, and there is no fee. My completely uninformed speculation would be that she met a South African, possibly when he was visiting Thailand, and he invited her to accompany him back to his homeland for a visit. Alternatively, some members of her extended family might have immigrated to South Africa, and she is visiting them, possibly in hopes of relocating herself?

Something fishy??midnightsun Posted on: 2005-08-31 18:10:39 i recently lost contact with a close friend in bkk. we have been friends for long time. and feel maybe something has happen to her. is there any place on web that i could use to find out. thank you

Now Nov 05 you say she is in South Africa - ask yourself a question or two + like where did her email to advise you she was now in SA originate???