Salary Survey

crankman

I'm writing an article on salaries farangs earn in SE Asian countries. I would appreciate some help with examples of both factual or estimated monthly wages for the following occupations/positions farangs have in Thailand:

• barristor/lawyer/judicial advisor

• manager at hotels, restaurants, bar/pub

• chef/cook at restaurant, hotel or pub

• diving instructor/dive shop manager

• sales representative (local or regional)

• other occupation/positions

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Engineering Manager for MNC $10,900 (includes 20% overseas uplift), plus 120K baht housing allowance. Car and driver.

TH

Per year or month?

Per year my "basic" salary, working in a Thai Govt. Institution is $8400.

I think you must mean monthly - you rich b@stard - you wouldn't be posting about earning so little otherwise.

I get $450 a year housing allowance in Isaan, which can actually get a 2 bedroomed house with a garden!

Isn't it great being a farang and earning so much more than the natives? :o

Edit - why the fick am I talking in dollars, never been to that country of lucky football teams? Oh and lots of perks, which I can't talk about here :D

Edited by Neeranam

Ok, as far as the goverment are concerned i earn 60000bht per month as thats the figure that I pay tax on, what I take personally is another matter :o

Same as me- 60K is the salary level required by immigrations / labour depts to support my visa. I pay the tax on this amount. The rest gets paid outside of Thailand and is nobody's business but mine! :D

I make more in commissions than in salary 6 digits up per mth in some cases. Salary is Baht 100,000+ per mth with all expenses paid.

Project Director , Aerospace & Defense along with some heavy industry.

Edited by ilyushin

We lost touch, last time you were in some other country.

Yeah, 12K pm in my pocket but no perks and it's in Japan, as a local employee, not an expat.  :o

Haven't seen you posting much, and not at all on the other forum. Previous assignment finished about a year ago. Sent me back to Thailand, apparently indefinitely. Life can be a real bitch. :D

TH

My Irish mate farms 'fuks' - he gets about 30,000 baht a for a good year.

QUOTE(think_too_mut @ 2005-11-14 16:26:55)

We lost touch, last time you were in some other country.

Yeah, 12K pm in my pocket but no perks and it's in Japan, as a local employee, not an expat. 

Haven't seen you posting much, and not at all on the other forum. Previous assignment finished about a year ago. Sent me back to Thailand, apparently indefinitely. Life can be a real bitch. 

TH

You didn't tell us yet if it were a year or month!

Edited by Neeranam

marketing director.

480,000 a month.  a 13 month year.  plus a discretionary bonus.

Anyone got any tax minimisation advice?  They're killing me.

Cool. I am not surprised with the figures you stated.

Nothing on this planet moves until somebody has sold something to someone.

My job is to provide "support that will generate more sales".

I left Thailand when my employers cut the deal I was on (very similar to Thaihome's deal) and put expats on local deals (30% of the expat deal).

I'm very happy to earn more money overseas and take holidays in Thailand, just as importantly, while I love Thailand I'm not prepared to take crap money to be there when there are plenty of well paying jobs in very nice locations available.

(he says writing from Rome while enjoying a very good deal)